Banning Sleeping Beauty

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I have always believed that the beauty of 'fairy tales' is to get the imagination of a young mind working ~ the what if's and why didn't he/she ~ type of thought. The idea that when they grow up and realise that it is all fiction is an added bonus, because by that time, the little minds can evaluate and hopefully understand the good from the bad.
Anyone who can't see that [in my mind] has a serious problem ~ just look at the total joy and interaction from the children when they go to a pantomime ~ it's a wonder to behold, they know the story backwards, but seeing it on stage, enacted ~ brings joy.

Goodgrief

Couldn't agree more, Mr.T.
I was a straight A student, but reality set in when I found out I couldn't afford the education I needed to fulfill my dream career. Had I lived in another province, perhaps it would have happened.
But back to the topic, people who don't allow their children to be children should not have them. It makes you wonder what kind of monsters their parents were.

Mimi

Hey T, hope you're well!
I agree, parents that think their OCD perfectionism is good for their kids are hung up on all the wrong things.
Psychologically though, I think that's what she was doing.
Your reaction was perfect, I get it, such wasted time and emotions.
:)

Tsalagi

While we are at it, let's ban that Slut for shacking up with seven Little People!
Little Red Riding Hood for killing wolves out of season.
The Emperor for streaking through town with no clothes on.
Goldilocks for house breaking, theft, and property damage.
And that wicked Mary, who must have been Scots, who had a sheep.

Goodgrief

Ah! How I'd love to prove these non-believers wrong! We see the Easter Bunny on our front yard almost every night! He leaves little brown chocolate eggs on our lawn! Yeah, Killjoys of the world, Jack the Rabbit IS the Easter Bunny!