Basic PSP9 Tutorials

AuroraAngel

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
7,387
Likes
2,424
essex boy said:
I think that looks beautiful,Angel :bigsmile:
Thank you, Essex :bigsmile:
 

nanny mags

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
8,473
Likes
320
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by nanny mags
no rainy they look great , i have a different i candy than michael has so i have to play around with the settings but i like your settings better
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks sweetie! But when I went thru this time, I did realize I missed like 2 whole steps!!!! Guess I was in a hurry to get my home work done! LOL<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

i think i rush to much to get mine done and i miss things out so dont worry hun we get there in the end, as long as our teacher says its good lol
 

Rainy1966

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
8,363
Likes
297
Essex, when I tried to use putfile.com tonite, it would only give me a clickable thumbnail pic. I have a feeling ROO man is doing something to keep us from posting larger size files.
 

Rainy1966

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
8,363
Likes
297
Thanks Aurora, I dont know how I did it, but that is not the one! LOL OMG that is the one I screwed up on! LOL I am such a ditz!
Here is the right one!



I had uploaded the messed up one before I realized it was messed up. Then I went and redid it and fixed it, and went to save it with the same file name....Well it used the old one instead of the new one! Think I need sleep LOL
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:
Thanks. The fonts I used are Century Gothic, and Old english. I dont know how come they are running horizontal and not the other way. I must have done something wrong then. Will go back and try again and double check my settings.

I think it looks like the style button might be on the first one instead of the third.
I still think it looks cool though :colgate:
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:


Ok, they are going the right way now! LOL
How come there seems to be sooo many colors there, cause Essex yours only looks like it has a few colors?

I think it's due to the font,unless your repeats in material properties is set at more than two :colgate:
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:
Essex, when I tried to use putfile.com tonite, it would only give me a clickable thumbnail pic. I have a feeling ROO man is doing something to keep us from posting larger size files.

Thanks for letting me know,Rainy
I may have to look around for another one.
It did say on the terms that they could do that if they wished.
I was hoping they wouldn't,especially this soon.
I hope you've got your rain pic saved maggie,
Soon as I find another uploader I'll let you know :colgate:
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:
Thanks Aurora, I dont know how I did it, but that is not the one! LOL OMG that is the one I screwed up on! LOL I am such a ditz!
Here is the right one!



I had uploaded the messed up one before I realized it was messed up. Then I went and redid it and fixed it, and went to save it with the same file name....Well it used the old one instead of the new one! Think I need sleep LOL

I don't know why but I swear that when I first saw this picture it was perfect,
Now it seems to have a bluey tint on it
 

nanny mags

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
8,473
Likes
320
Posted by Rainy1966Thanks Aurora, I dont know how I did it, but that is not the one! LOL OMG that is the one I screwed up on! LOL I am such a ditz!
Here is the right one!



I had uploaded the messed up one before I realized it was messed up. Then I went and redid it and fixed it, and went to save it with the same file name....Well it used the old one instead of the new one! Think I need sleep LOL




I don't know why but I swear that when I first saw this picture it was perfect,
Now it seems to have a bluey tint on it
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Thanks Laila

great rainy at least yours looks like a rainbow mine was more like an art tray hehehe
nevermind its great fun
 

Rainy1966

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
8,363
Likes
297
essex boy said:
I think it looks like the style button might be on the first one instead of the third.
I still think it looks cool though :colgate:
Yup, that was one of the mistakes! LOL
 

Rainy1966

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
8,363
Likes
297
essex boy said:
I think it's due to the font,unless your repeats in material properties is set at more than two :colgate:
Actually, my rainbow colors were facing the wrong way! LOL All I had to do was turn em over, close the properties box, then open it again and follow your directions from there!
 

Rainy1966

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
8,363
Likes
297
essex boy said:
I don't know why but I swear that when I first saw this picture it was perfect,
Now it seems to have a bluey tint on it
It seemed to do that last nite too. Not sure what is up. Figured it maybe my color settings on my monitor. Think my hue may have been set too high, maybe. I will be playing with some other ones to see if they do the same thing. Unless youre comparing the first one I posted to the second one. The first one the rainbow is over the little hill, in the second one I erased it. lol
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
This tutorial is for making a metal effect name.

You will need Redfield Jama 3D Plug in.
You may already have it,if not you can download it here.
http://www.redfieldplugins.com/RedfieldPlugins.exe

1.First thing to do is open a new image 400 x 400
And make the background colour TRANSPARENT.



2.Now click on the circle with a line through it,at the bottom of the foreground and stroke properties paintbox.
Then click in the Background and fill properties paintbox.
Now in the Material properties box,near the bottom where it says html make it #FF8000
Then click OK



3.Now click on the TEXT TOOL.
Make the size 48,Create as FLOATING.
Then choose your font,I'm using Comic Sans MS

4.Now create your name and use the MOVE TOOL to get it onto the transparent sheet.
It should look like this.



5..Now goto VIEW..PALETTES..LAYERS.
Right click where it says FLOATING SELECTION and goto PROMOTE SELECTION TO LAYER.

6.Now goto EFFECTS..PLUG INS..REDFIELD..JAMA 3D.
You may get a warning come up,if you do just click OK.

7.Now first make the drop down box just above the tick and cross EMBOSSED SHEET.
Then make these the settings.Then click the tick.



8.Now goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..INNER BEVEL.
Then make these the settings.Then click OK



9.Now goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..DROP SHADOW.
Then make these the settings.then click OK



10.Now goto EDIT..COPY
Open up the ANIMATION SHOP 3.
Then goto EDIT..PASTE..AS NEW ANIMATION.
Then SAVE the picture.

Thats the tutorial finished.
Here's my metalic signature

 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:
Actually, my rainbow colors were facing the wrong way! LOL All I had to do was turn em over, close the properties box, then open it again and follow your directions from there!

I'm glad you got it sorted,
It's all a good experience and if you can sort out any minor hiccups you must be doing well :bigsmile:
 

essex boy

Super Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
46,428
Likes
646
Rainy1966 said:
It seemed to do that last nite too. Not sure what is up. Figured it maybe my color settings on my monitor. Think my hue may have been set too high, maybe. I will be playing with some other ones to see if they do the same thing. Unless youre comparing the first one I posted to the second one. The first one the rainbow is over the little hill, in the second one I erased it. lol

I dont know if it's my computer but the rainbow with the green lanscape looked perfect when I first saw it.
Yesterday it had a bluey tint to it and today light blue is spreading under the dark blue tint