Basic PSP9 Tutorials

Rainy1966

Let me know what you think! The original was too big for the ROO uploader so I resized it at GIFWorks. That one I uploaded with the ROO uploader. And dont ask me how I got that sword to do that, cause it was a complete accident that it worked like I wanted it to. I still dont know how I got the whole thing transparent.

Rainy1966

Ok so I know I am a pain in the rear! LOL But I have been playing around some.
I found this pic. My question is, the pen is in different positions during the animation, how do you get it to do that? I openned it in animationshop3 and you can see the diff frames, but how do you get the pen to move to different angles and such? or am I just loopy?

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
Ok so I know I am a pain in the rear! LOL But I have been playing around some.
I found this pic. My question is, the pen is in different positions during the animation, how do you get it to do that? I openned it in animationshop3 and you can see the diff frames, but how do you get the pen to move to different angles and such? or am I just loopy?

It looks to me like it's almost the same but in the first one and the last 3 frames the pen is on it's side.
I think they've used two different transparent pens,or used the same one and turned it using the PSP

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
Let me know what you think! The original was too big for the ROO uploader so I resized it at GIFWorks. That one I uploaded with the ROO uploader. And dont ask me how I got that sword to do that, cause it was a complete accident that it worked like I wanted it to. I still dont know how I got the whole thing transparent.

That is just awesome.
I tried to transparent the pics with the black border using animation shop then PSP to get rid of that dirty mark that surrounded it,same problem you found doing it the other way.
Without the black mark it would have been straight forward but the sword must have a slight darkness to it like the border had.
It has so many frames to it too,it must have taken you ages,incredible work :colgate:

nanny mags

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Rainy1966

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>wow that looks great rainy , i will have to try again, you are doing so well. i just hope i dont loose everything again when i delete the frames i dont want ,you are not dizzy like me hugs hehehe

nanny mags

!!notice!! ,i only did a short one michael because i got a bit lost where to put the quill
and i,m not sure how i deleted the rest of the frames but it worked anyway ,i think i need a bit more practice on this one,but i,m pleased i did it

Rainy1966

essex boy said:
It looks to me like it's almost the same but in the first one and the last 3 frames the pen is on it's side.
I think they've used two different transparent pens,or used the same one and turned it using the PSP
OK, so you can flip em in PSP? I got that sword from that clipart site, and if you find a pic you want you click edit under it and you can change everything just about. I rotated it, and that took a bit cause my angles are not all that great! LOL I will look for the turner in PSP! LOL

Rainy1966

essex boy said:
That is just awesome.
I tried to transparent the pics with the black border using animation shop then PSP to get rid of that dirty mark that surrounded it,same problem you found doing it the other way.
Without the black mark it would have been straight forward but the sword must have a slight darkness to it like the border had.
It has so many frames to it too,it must have taken you ages,incredible work :colgate:
Yea, it took a bit! Not as long as it did to accidently make the sword transparent! LOL
I know I cut it and added it to a new image in psp, then erased all that stuff, but after that I really dont have a clue! But I ended up at another message board, and I posted I was looking for swords to use for quills, and I now have a few swords! LOL I am jealous tho, they are run by Vbulletin too, and they have wicked cool smileys, where as ours are rather drab! LOL The hardest part of LadyD's name in that font (her fav) was that blasted g, must have taken me forever to figure out how you would write such a letter! LOL There are alot of PSP addicts there too! LOL I felt right at home! LOL It is actually a forum for computer questions, but it has a section for graphics and such! I will have to get the link....
Thanks Essex, I am glad you like it. I think she did too, she is using it already :blush: :bigsmile:

Rainy1966

nanny mags said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>wow that looks great rainy , i will have to try again, you are doing so well. i just hope i dont loose everything again when i delete the frames i dont want ,you are not dizzy like me hugs hehehe
Thanks Nanny! The biggest thing is to make sure that the square you want to delete is the one with red around it! Keep using your right arrow to go to the next square make sure it isnt the one you want to delete then click the delete frame at the top. It took me a bit too, I deleted every thing a time or two! LOL

Rainy1966

nanny mags said:

!!notice!! ,i only did a short one michael because i got a bit lost where to put the quill
and i,m not sure how i deleted the rest of the frames but it worked anyway ,i think i need a bit more practice on this one,but i,m pleased i did it
WOO HOO Nanny! WTG! Give it time, you will get better the more you do it!

Rainy1966

This is the link to that other message board. It isnt like this one, it has questions and answers to things to do with computer stuff. I just ended up in the graphics and images section when I was looking for images....

http://www.mypcclinic.com/forums/index.php?

Anyway, I found some interesting things out about windows software there as well. If ya like it cool, if not no loss! I am Rainy1966 there too! LOL

Rainy1966

Ok, I gotta say Essex, you scared me to death! See the other day when you first posted the metalic name directions it wasnt complete, I saved em anyway, then when you finished it, I simply copied what I didnt have before, well tonite I was trying to do my metalic name and some of the things I needed I couldnt find. I went to quote that post so I could show you what I couldnt find, and then I realized some steps had been moved!:laugh: :hehe: Anyway I figured out what I was missing! So here is my metalic name, one with the color you chose, then I tried a different color too.

I like em both....just I am kinda partial to pinks and purples! LOL

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
ESSEX I wanted to say thank you so much for your tutorials I printed out your lesson for sparkles and tried it with PSP9 that I just got.. Here's my first attempt but I still couldn't find the timer in Animation Shop so I just saved it as a gif and it seems to sparkle at a normal rate. I got the sparkles from the website you suggested but I want to find more now I'm hooked lol! anyway take a look at my first attempt at sparkles.. Again thank you so much for your teachings.

Rainy1966

I just been playing again.....first one is too big for the uploader so uploaded at "the imagehosting.com then resized at GIF works to use the ROO uploader....

Last edited:

essex boy

Super Moderator
nanny mags said:

Thats brilliant Maggie,
That one is the hardest of all to do.
I was in two minds about whether or not to put it in the tutorial just yet as it takes so long,so many frames and is tiring work but everyones done brilliant with it :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
OK, so you can flip em in PSP? I got that sword from that clipart site, and if you find a pic you want you click edit under it and you can change everything just about. I rotated it, and that took a bit cause my angles are not all that great! LOL I will look for the turner in PSP! LOL

I opened up the transparent rose in ANIMATION SHOP 3.
Then went to EDIT..COPY
Then opened up the PSP 9.
Went to EDIT..PASTE AS NEW IMAGE
Then click onto the RASTER DEFORM TOOL
You'll find it under the hand.

You can now use the tool,where the mouse turns into two curved arrows to move the picture around.
Then goto EDIT..COPY.
Then go back to ANIMATION SHOP 3.
After the first image you can now goto EDIT..PASTE..AS NEW ANIMATION
The image has now been turned and you can turn the pic anyway like that and save each pic as you need it

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
This is the link to that other message board. It isnt like this one, it has questions and answers to things to do with computer stuff. I just ended up in the graphics and images section when I was looking for images....

http://www.mypcclinic.com/forums/index.php?

Anyway, I found some interesting things out about windows software there as well. If ya like it cool, if not no loss! I am Rainy1966 there too! LOL

Thanks for the link,
I'll have a good look through that site now and again. :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
Ok, I gotta say Essex, you scared me to death! See the other day when you first posted the metalic name directions it wasnt complete, I saved em anyway, then when you finished it, I simply copied what I didnt have before, well tonite I was trying to do my metalic name and some of the things I needed I couldnt find. I went to quote that post so I could show you what I couldnt find, and then I realized some steps had been moved!:laugh: :hehe: Anyway I figured out what I was missing! So here is my metalic name, one with the color you chose, then I tried a different color too.

I like em both....just I am kinda partial to pinks and purples! LOL

LMAO Sorry about that,I was hoping no-one had clicked during that time.
I must have been tired,I was typing the tutorial then started typing in the wrong place.
I ended up with a copy of the same numbers with steps all in the wrong order LOL.
Worse than that I clicked to post it by mistake before I edited it all the right way LOL.
I like the way you done those two,I think the pink one looks a little better :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Miss_Manzy said:
ESSEX I wanted to say thank you so much for your tutorials I printed out your lesson for sparkles and tried it with PSP9 that I just got.. Here's my first attempt but I still couldn't find the timer in Animation Shop so I just saved it as a gif and it seems to sparkle at a normal rate. I got the sparkles from the website you suggested but I want to find more now I'm hooked lol! anyway take a look at my first attempt at sparkles.. Again thank you so much for your teachings.

That looks great Miss Manzy.
I'm glad you're having fun with the thread.
To get to the timer just right click on the frame that you need timed.
The frames need to be open in animation shop 3 not animating.
Then goto FRAME PROPERTIES.
That's the timer,just change it and click OK.
If you want to change all the frame times goto EDIT..SELECT ALL
Then you can right click on any frame,goto frame properties and when you change the timer it'll change every frame at the same time.

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
I just been playing again.....first one is too big for the uploader so uploaded at "the imagehosting.com then resized at GIF works to use the ROO uploader....

They look great Rainy,
I'll have to check out this imagehosting.com :bigsmile: