Basic PSP9 Tutorials

Rainy1966

angeleyes76 said:

Ok I have been working on getting a pic to look right since I read your lesson and got it a little figured out.. still not the best I do love how my name turned out, but I figure since I am now hooked to getting it to look perfect it wont take long lol!!!! By the way GREAT JOB WITCHY AND RAINY!!!
That looks good! Your doing great!
Thanks, with practice we will all be "almost as good as" Essex! LOL

Rainy1966

Witchyredrose said:
WELL ESSEX, THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A GLOBE,
ITS MY BOY & I, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...LOL. THIS IS SOOOOO GREAT!!! THANX!!!..BLESSED BE...WITCHYREDROSE
WOW That looks great! You and your son look very happy!

AuroraAngel

Vulcan112 said:
With the help of your tutorials, I was able to edit these animations to help celebrate the fact that my girlfriend is going to have a baby (We don't know whether it's gonna be a girl or a boy yet). Thanks Essex, these Tutorials are very helpful...

Oooo How adorable! *smiles*

AuroraAngel

angeleyes76 said:

Ok I have been working on getting a pic to look right since I read your lesson and got it a little figured out.. still not the best I do love how my name turned out, but I figure since I am now hooked to getting it to look perfect it wont take long lol!!!! By the way GREAT JOB WITCHY AND RAINY!!!
Wow! I love this sig picture. Great job! ;)

AuroraAngel

Witchyredrose said:
ITS MY BOY & I, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...LOL. THIS IS SOOOOO GREAT!!! THANX!!!..BLESSED BE...WITCHYREDROSE
You did a fantastic job on your first globe, Witchy. :thumbs-up

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
LOL well today she asked if she could just call you the horse person! She remembers it was you who made her the horse! Kids are soo funny sometimes! Glad you liked the roses, I sent em to my mom in an email too.
The tiger one, it wouldnt let me put the tiger where I wanted it exactly in the globe, is there a way to do that, or do I have to click the spot I want first, I just wanted the tiger a little bit higher in the globe.
Oh boy, I got another thing to try, probably will be back later on!

LMAO Being a horse has it's good qualities,
With the tiger before you merge the layer you're able to move it with the Raster Deform tool just under the hand.
When you're working on the tiger layer click the raster tool,it then it will select the tiger layer and you're able to move it with the 4 cross arrows.

essex boy

Super Moderator
angeleyes76 said:

That looks really good,Angel.
I love the name and the little glitter effect with the small stars :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Witchyredrose said:

That is really beautiful,Rose
The great thing about the globe is once it's made and exported into picture tube it can be used over and over to make so many different pics :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:

LMAO Looking at the pictures so far you'll all be better than me :laugh:

angeleyes76

Rainy1966 said:
Thanks!! Almost as good!!!! Maybe if we get him to "collab" with us group effort and we will all be the best!!!!! LOL Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!

Rainy1966

essex boy said:
LMAO Being a horse has it's good qualities,
With the tiger before you merge the layer you're able to move it with the Raster Deform tool just under the hand.
When you're working on the tiger layer click the raster tool,it then it will select the tiger layer and you're able to move it with the 4 cross arrows.

LOL Now you tell me! Ok will have to try that and see if I can get that stubborn tiger to move his butt!

Actually she has a hard time pronouncing some "sounds" and her speech teacher said that your name is actually a good practice word for her, so she is working on it and actually gets it right now about 55% of the time, but sometimes you are still Exit Boy! LMAO

Rainy1966

angeleyes76 said:

Ok here is the latest, didn't work on this one too long... had a long day but I like it...except I need to pay more attention to color!!!! LMAO!!
That looks good! I know about long days, I didnt even have time to play with my psp at all today! :cry:

angeleyes76

Rainy1966 said:
That looks good! I know about long days, I didnt even have time to play with my psp at all today! :cry:
Same here!! I had to wait until the kids fell asleep, then got to play!! Thanks for the compliment!!! I couldn't resist working on that pic when I found it!!!!

Rainy1966

angeleyes76 said:
Same here!! I had to wait until the kids fell asleep, then got to play!! Thanks for the compliment!!! I couldn't resist working on that pic when I found it!!!!
I made a new folder in my pics, called pics to play with! Everytime I see one I think I might want to play with, I snag it and keep it there, hopefully tonite while the kids are at dads, I will have some time to play! LOL WOO HOO!!!!

essex boy

Super Moderator
angeleyes76 said:

Ok here is the latest, didn't work on this one too long... had a long day but I like it...except I need to pay more attention to color!!!! LMAO!!

I love it,Angel
All the pics being posted are just so beautiful :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
LOL Now you tell me! Ok will have to try that and see if I can get that stubborn tiger to move his butt!

Actually she has a hard time pronouncing some "sounds" and her speech teacher said that your name is actually a good practice word for her, so she is working on it and actually gets it right now about 55% of the time, but sometimes you are still Exit Boy! LMAO

It's amazing how one good thing leads to another,
Such a coincidence that my name has the sounds that are hard to pronounce.
She's doing so well to get it right half the time.
In Essex the thing we don't pronounce is our H's lol.

essex boy

Super Moderator
This tutorial is using the inner bevel and involves turning layers on and off.

1.First open a new image,by clicking on the white sheet,top left hand corner.
Make the size 300x 300 and make it transparent.

Now goto LAYERS..NEW RASTER LAYER
Now goto the selection tool and make the shape..CIRCLE,with the anti alias ticked.

then draw a circle on the transparent image.
If you start near the middle you'll find it easier.

2.Now make your foreground WHITE and your background BLACK.
Then goto LAYERS..NEW RASTER LAYER

3.Now make the Foreground and background both a GRADIENT style,on the Background click on the 3rd style..SUNBURST.
Horizontal and vertical shoud all be size 30

Now click on the FLOOD FILL TOOL It's the one above the text tool.
Set the OPACITY to 30 then flood fill the selection.

4.Goto LAYERS..NEW RASTER LAYER
Now goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..CUTOUT
Set the vertical and horizontal to 4,Blur 25 and shadow colour..WHITE

5.Goto LAYERS..NEW RASTER LAYER
Now goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..CUTOUT
This time make the horizontal -4 and the shadow colour BLACK.

6.Now goto LAYERS..NEW RASTER LAYER
Now goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..DROP SHADOW
Now apply these settings
Vertical and Horizontal 6,blur 20 colour BLACK Opacity 100

7.Now goto VIEW.PALETTES..LAYERS
Now on your palettes layer highlight RASTER 1,Right click then goto NEW RASTER LAYER

8.Now open the picture that you are going to use for the top of your picture
I'm going to use this one.

Once it's open goto EDIT..COPY
Then goto the circle picture and goto edit..paste..PASTE INTO SELECTION
Then press CTRL and D to deselect.

9.Now goto VIEW PALETTES..LAYERS.
Now click on the eye near RASTER 1 to put a red x on it.
Now highlight one of the other raster layers,right click on it,goto MERGE..MERGE VISIBLE

10.Now make the foreground a colour or style that would make a great background for your picture.
Select the FLOOD FILL TOOL ..its above the text tool,and make the OPACITY 100%

11.Now goto VIEW..PALETTES..LAYERS
Now click the eye on Merged so the red cross is on merged and not RASTER 1

12.Now use the flood fill tool on the transparent image.
Now goto EFFECTS..TEXTURE EFFECTS..BLINDS
Make the WIDTH 4 and OPACITY 24

13.Now click the eye on the merged layer in the view palettes layers so that there is no red crosses at all now.
Now goto layers..merge..merge all flatten

14.Now set your background colour to White.
Goto image..add borders then make it size 5 and symmetric.

15.Now select your magic wand,it's in the select tool drop down arrow.
Now left click with the target on the border.
Now choose your foreground colour or style for the border.
Select the flood fill tool then left click with the target in the border.
Now goto effects..3d effects..inner bevel.
Now press CTRL and D to deselect then goto adjust..one step photofix to see if you prefer it or not.
The pics finished now,if you want you can add a name or style it the way you like.
This is my finished picture.