Basic PSP9 Tutorials

nanny mags

wow michael i have just seen this ,but i will have to print it tomorrow ,as its a bit late tonight but thank you so much i have got them all in a file,hugs

Rainy1966

essex boy said:
It's amazing how one good thing leads to another,
Such a coincidence that my name has the sounds that are hard to pronounce.
She's doing so well to get it right half the time.
In Essex the thing we don't pronounce is our H's lol.
LOL Well in Maine our "accent" is a bit odd. We dont say our R's in words where they belong. Like we drive cah's, it is wintah, and instead of being a Mainer, I am a Mainah!
But we add R's to words where they dont belong. So if I went to an auto parts store looking for a carburator for my vehicle it would sound like this, "I need a cahbohatah for my verhicle!"
I am not originally from here and when I first moved here I had a real hard time understanding some of the old timers! LOL
I have a friend over in Scotland I talk to on the computer, and one nite she said she was "pissed" so I said ok I will let you go hope you feel better tomorrow. Turns out she was drunk, and the word means something else all together there! Amazing the different dialects there are for every language.

essex boy

Super Moderator
nanny mags said:
wow michael i have just seen this ,but i will have to print it tomorrow ,as its a bit late tonight but thank you so much i have got them all in a file,hugs

You're welcome Maggie
I hope you have fun with it :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:
LOL Well in Maine our "accent" is a bit odd. We dont say our R's in words where they belong. Like we drive cah's, it is wintah, and instead of being a Mainer, I am a Mainah!
But we add R's to words where they dont belong. So if I went to an auto parts store looking for a carburator for my vehicle it would sound like this, "I need a cahbohatah for my verhicle!"
I am not originally from here and when I first moved here I had a real hard time understanding some of the old timers! LOL
I have a friend over in Scotland I talk to on the computer, and one nite she said she was "pissed" so I said ok I will let you go hope you feel better tomorrow. Turns out she was drunk, and the word means something else all together there! Amazing the different dialects there are for every language.

LOL,Sounds cool.
We say pissed for drunk too.
What we do too is use the word well a lot,
we use it like I'm well drunk or well tired.
Sounds funny to others when we say were well ill lol.
I'm glad Stephanie will enjoy the pic

essex boy

Super Moderator
This one is how to make the basic blinkies

1.Open a new image,any colour you want.
Make the size 150 x 20
Now select the text tool and choose the text style and colour for your blinkie.
It's a lot of experimenting to see what looks good with the colour blinkie you have.
When you've moved your text onto place on the blinkie goto LAYERS..MERGE..MERGE ALL FLATTEN

2.Now goto VIEW..GRID
Then view..change grid guide and snap properties.
Change the CURRENT HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL SETTINGS BOTH TO 1

3.You should now see the grid on the blinkie,if not goto VIEW..GRID

4.Now goto EDIT..COPY
Then EDIT..PASTE AS NEW IMAGE
Then EDIT..REPEAT PASTE NEW IMAGE

5.You now have 3 blinkie pics,minimise 2 of them.
Now with the one youre working on goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM IN MORE

6.Now select your PAINT BRUSH TOOL,its above the clone tool.
Then make your FOREGROUND AND STROKE PROPERTIES The colour you want your squares that move around the border of the blinkie,and make the PAINTBRUSH SIZE 1

(It's just playing with different text,text size and colours till you find what works for you.
The size 1 is just a small dot,just to make it easier to fill in the squares without getting messy.
It is fill in the whole 2 squares then missing 3,that makes all the border dots the same size but you can play around and see what works best for you)

7.Start in the top left hand corner then colur in 2 squares,then leave 3 blank then colour in 2 squares,keep that pattern up all the way around the blinkie

8.Now goto EDIT..COPY
Open up the ANIMATION SHOP 3
Goto EDIT..PASTE..AS NEW ANIMATION
Make the timer 9 by Right clicking on the frame..goto Frame properties then make the timer 9

9.Now for the second blinkie picture in PSP 9
Select it,then goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM IN MORE
Now goto VIEW..CHANGE GRID GUIDE AND SNAP PROPERTIES
Then make the current horizontal and vertical settings both 1

10.Now from the top left hand corner leave the first 2 squares blank then starting on the 3rd square colour 2 then leave 3 blank.
Keep to that pattern all the way around.
Then goto EDIT..COPY
Open the animation shop 3
Goto EDIT..PASTE..AFTER CURRENT FRAME
Then make the timer 9

11.Now back to PSP 9 and the last Blinkie frame.
Select it,then goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM IN MORE
Now goto VIEW..CHANGE GRID GUIDE AND SNAP PROPERTIES
Then make the current horizontal and vertical settings both 1

12.Now with this one miss the first 4 squares starting at the top left hand corner,and colour in starting in the 5th square.
Colour 2 squares then miss 3,carrying on the pattern all the way around.
Then goto EDIT..COPY

Back to the ANIMATION SHOP 3
Goto EDIT..PASTE..AFTER CURRENT FRAME
Make the timer 9
Click on VIEW ANIMATION .

Goto FILE..SAVE AS and save it as a gif.

I hope you enjoyed that,here's my blinkie.
When you want to make your own you can add sparkles too.

Rainy1966

Rainys first blinkie! Your right Essex, it was very patience trying! LOL How come the bottom looks kinda goofy? Maybe the size I used, instead of 150x20 I did 150x25 it seemed so small the other way, I will try it with the 20 and see if that changes it! lol I told you I was always trying to push! LOL I am the student the science teachers didnt like, cause I always played with my experiments! LOL

Rainy1966

Ok here is the second one, it still doesnt look quite right.
Essex, when you are using the paint brush and filling in the squares, are you supposed to completely fill in the square? or just a little bit of it? When I set the size of the brush to 1 it just leaves a little dot, is that what I am supposed to be doing?

essex boy

Super Moderator
Rainy1966 said:

Rainys first blinkie! Your right Essex, it was very patience trying! LOL How come the bottom looks kinda goofy? Maybe the size I used, instead of 150x20 I did 150x25 it seemed so small the other way, I will try it with the 20 and see if that changes it! lol I told you I was always trying to push! LOL I am the student the science teachers didnt like, cause I always played with my experiments! LOL

It looks fine to me LOL.
It's just playing with different text,text size and colours till you find what works for you.
The size 1 is just a small dot,just to make it easier to fill in the squares without getting messy.
It is fill in the whole 2 squares then missing 3,that makes all the border dots the same size but you can play around and see what works best for you

essex boy

Super Moderator
AuroraAngel said:
Aurora's first blinkie...
That was a lot of fun! Thank you, Essex!

That looks really good,Angel
I love the colours that you use,they work really well :bigsmile:

AuroraAngel

essex boy said:
That looks really good,Angel
I love the colours that you use,they work really well :bigsmile:
Thank you, Essex :bigsmile: I'm having a great time with PSP now thanks to you.

Rainy1966

nanny mags said:
wow rainy that is great
Thanks Nanny!
Posted by Essex
It looks fine to me LOL.
It's just playing with different text,text size and colours till you find what works for you.
It is fill in the whole 2 squares then missing 3,that makes all the border dots the same size but you can play around and see what works best for you

Ok, cause it still doesnt look like what I want it to, I will try again tonite!

That looks good Aurora!!!!

AuroraAngel

Rainy1966 said:
Thanks Nanny!
Posted by Essex
It looks fine to me LOL.

Ok, cause it still doesnt look like what I want it to, I will try again tonite!

That looks good Aurora!!!!

Thank you, Rainy. Yours look great too. :bigsmile:

nanny mags

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

ADDING TEXT TO A PICTURE

1.Once you've opened up the picture that you want to add the text to..

2.Click on the colour square that I've labelled TEXT COLOUR
This will bring up this....

help please,

michael i cant seem to get my toolbar back to this ,no matter what i try ,i am such a dizzy ,but can u help,

essex boy

Super Moderator

If you goto VIEW..PALETTES..MATERIALS
I think that's the one you mean.
If the grid is still on your picture goto VIEW..GRID,That'll get rid of it.
If it's one of the others try VIEW..then try the toolbars.
If you lose anything you want doing that just goto VIEW..TOOLBARS and put it back.
If it's not in VIEW..TOOLBARS try VIEW..PALETTES.
If it's the material properties you're looking for click on the foreground or background colour box

nanny mags

<HR style="COLOR: #666d75" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

ADDING TEXT
i cant get this one back ,i have only got the bit at the top silly me its so frustrating