British Domestic Policy

Tsalagi

1524661732652.png

Tsalagi

Moral of the story
Guns don't kill. Knives don't kill. Vans don't kill. Airplanes don't kill.

It is evil people that kill, and until we can control our violent whack jobs gun bans and knife bands will have little results.

And if we allow a flood of hate-filled people into our countries, it will get worse.

Tsalagi

LONDON – Britain's interior minister resigned Sunday amid a scandal over authorities' mistreatment of long-term U.K. residents wrongly caught up in a government drive to reduce illegal immigration.

Prime Minister Theresa May's office said late Sunday that May had accepted the resignation of Home Secretary Amber Rudd.

The scandal has dominated headlines in Britain for days and has sparked intense criticism of the Conservative government's tough immigration policies.

Rudd had been due to make a statement to Parliament on Monday over what has become known as the Windrush scandal.

The furor has grown since the Guardian newspaper reported that some people who came to the U.K. from the Caribbean in the decades after World War II had recently been refused medical care in Britain or threatened with deportation because they could not produce paperwork proving their right to reside in the country.

Bamber

Super Moderator
It has been illegal to carry a knife in England and Wales since 1988, except a pen knife, which is classed as "a knife with a folding blade not more than 3 inches long". Everyone's been fine with that. The last change in the law was 1997, prohibiting the selling of combat knives,

Why the sudden screams of outrage from someone not even affected?

Tsalagi

Let's just say that like in 1917 and 1940, (when you were arse over teakettle in trouble that appeasement caused), you came screaming to us to pull your chestnuts out of the coals. Then you said, "What took you so long?' We are now affected because it will be our sons and daughters that are to be sacrificed because your useless House of Commons just sits and calls names across the aisle.

Bamber

Super Moderator
And *DING* there it is! The "My dad saved your dad and my grandad saved your grandad" cliche.

I will be eternally grateful that the USA turned the tide in both World Wars but constantly harking back to it as a reason for your paranoia is puerile, and I refuse to get into childish "my willy is bigger than your willy, my dad can beat your dad" arguments (similar to the HoC name calling).

Tsalagi

Nobody cares about the size of your willy, only whether you are going to use it! And it's not that my dad can beat your dad, but the fact that your dad won't take off his apron and be a man. And where would "Dad's Army" be today, without even the freedom to tie a knife onto a pole and defend the country? Maybe it's not the willy, but what may or may not be hiding under it.

Tsalagi

A teenager who posted rap lyrics which included racist language on Instagram has been found guilty of sending a grossly offensive message. Chelsea Russell, 19, from Liverpool posted the lyric from Snoop Dogg's I'm Trippin' to pay tribute to a boy who died in a road crash, a court heard. Russell argued it was not offensive, but was handed a community order. Prosecutors said her sentence was increased from a fine to a community order "as it was a hate crime". She was charged after Merseyside Police were anonymously sent a screenshot of her update...Liverpool Justice Centre, sitting at Sefton Magistrates' Court, heard Russell posted the lyrics to her account after the death of a 13-year-old in a road accident in 2017, the Crown Prosecution Service said. The words Russell used on her account contained a racial label which some people find extremely offensive. The screenshot was passed to hate crime unit PC Dominique Walker, who told the court the term was "grossly offensive" to her as a black woman and to the general community. The Liverpool Echo reported that Russell's defence had argued the usage of the word had changed over time and it had been used by superstar rapper Jay-Z "in front of thousands of people at the Glastonbury Festival."