Can we just Have a Death Thread??!!!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
That was sad about Fats his music reminds me of my mom she listened to him

This one is my favorite of his.. My thoughts and warm memories are with him :lotsalove:

[video=youtube;Dl5hknXqXps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5hknXqXps[/video]

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
David Cassidy, my teen crush Oh How I crushed on him

From 16 magazine, Tiger Beat to the Partridge Family singing "I think I love you"

Yes I loved him! He will be extremely missed by so many fans :cry:

squirt

Administrator
watching him in the Patridge Family was the first time I can recall finding boys cute lol :blush:
my thoughts and prayers go out to those he left behind ~ RIP ~ :rose:

squirt

Administrator
country music lost one of it's greats a few days ago
Mel Tillis was a singer/song writer, some of his most famous songs were sung by others
like "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" made famous by Kenny Rogers
he died at the age of 85 ~ RIP ~ :rose:

brilor

Jokeroo Legend

Broadcaster and comedian Jim Bowen, best known for hosting darts-based game show Bullseye in the 1980s and '90s, has died at the age of 80.

His wife Phyllis confirmed the news to BBC Radio Lancashire.

The former deputy headmaster, who lived in North Lancashire, began his career as a stand-up comedian on the club circuit in the 1960s.

He became a household name when he began presenting Bullseye in 1981. The Sunday tea time show ran for 14 years.

It attracted 17.5 million viewers at its peak and involved three pairs of contestants - with a "thrower", who would throw the darts, and a "knower", who would answer general knowledge questions.
Bowen became known for catchphrases including "Super, smashing, great", "You can't beat a bit of Bully!" and "Let's look at what you could have won".

Another favourite phrase - "keep out of the black and in to the red, nothing in this game for two in a bed" - referred to the segments of the darts board that the players had to hit.

His warm-hearted and quick-witted rapport with the contestants was a big part of the show's appeal.

Bowen became Bullseye host after appearing on ITV show The Comedians, alongside the likes of Frank Carson, Russ Abbott and Bernard Manning.

He also had a number of TV acting roles, including in Muck and Brass, Jonathan Creek, The Grimleys, and as Hoss Cartwright in the second series of Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Stephen Hawking made the world a better place.. They told him he had 2 years and he lived 55 years longer
He taught us you can overcome anything.. We got to enjoy his genius mind and Beautiful Soul
He will never be forgotten Rest in Peace Sir ♥

squirt

Administrator
America is grieving the passing of one of the greatest First Ladies this country has ever known
she passed away today, after foregoing further treatment, at the age of 92
she was everyone's grandmother, the wife of a president, and the mother of a president
she and George H.W. Bush were married for 72 years, my heart is with his tonight ♥

RIP beautiful soul, the true mark of success is what you leave behind, and she left behind grace, beauty, charm, wisdom, and compassion ♥

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Beautifully said @squirt

She was a True Class Act... Every single word I've read by others has been nothing but gracious
She was Loved and Admired, She supported Literacy and many other causes. The flag is flying
at half mass at the White House, Such a remarkable love story as well 73 years with former
President Bush as he held her hand and didn't let go for her final days.. She will forever be remembered
and forever be loved ♥

My dear mother has passed on at age 92. Laura, Barbara, Jenna, and I are sad, but our souls are settled because we know hers was. Barbara Bush was a fabulous First Lady and a woman unlike any other who brought levity, love, and literacy to millions. To us, she was so much more. Mom kept us on our toes and kept us laughing until the end. I’m a lucky man that Barbara Bush was my mother. Our family will miss her dearly, and we thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Yes Detroit was her home must be heartbreaking there girlfriend :(

One of my most favorite songs she sang was “Natural woman” You are and always will be The Queen of Soul.. A Timeless Classic.
Thank you for sharing your iconic voice and your music with us all Much Love and Respect Ms Aretha Franklin
💔