Choo choo!

Bamber

Super Moderator
I know Konifur's going to take the piss about me being a train spotter, but I do love steam trains so I'm going to post video clips here, both mine and from others.

This isn't one of mine. Tornado is a very special locomotive. When steam ended in the UK there were luckily many examples preserved. Unfortunately, one of the classes with no preserved representative was the Peppercorn A1 Pacifics...

...so in the '90s a group of enthusiasts got together and BUILT one. It was finished in 2008 and painted in LNER Apple Green.

It's just been painted in a new livery - British Rail Express Passenger Blue; and she looks a treat!

Last edited:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
That`s being a railway enthusiast not a train spotter.(But both a bit of a pain in the arse)
for people who don`t know the difference.

Trains spotter = A person in a stained anorak and silly wooly hat ,camera and note book. Who stands at the end of the platform and takes photos of ever train that passes or comes into the station and logs the loco number in his note book.At the end of the year he should have every train in his area. Then January 1st, he starts all over again.Sad bastard!I never did speak to these people.But i did get one barred from the station for lurid conduct,in which i was a hero in my own lunch time for doing that.
(What some train drivers do ,is when approaching the station hangs his arm out the window holding a newspaper and covers the loco number.This makes the trainspotter very angry as with out the number it`s no good to him.
A good mate of mine ,a train driver got reported for doing just that.His manager told him about the complaint and both had a good laugh over it.)

Railway enthusiast: A person still wearing an anorak but also a high visibility vest.He will have an expensive camera and an even more expensive video camera.He will only be in the station when a rare or a steam train is due.He does not have his own little area like a train spotter,he will travel round the country.
I used to know a few of these strange people,there was a doctor, a judge and a retired chief inspector from the transport police.

squirt

Administrator
she is a beauty! I've never been on a *real* train, just one of those lightrail thingies lol

:bravo:

:xxsandoos:

Bamber

Super Moderator
This is the Lickey Incline, the steepest section of main line in the UK at 1 in 37.7

I used to live in Bromsgrove, which is at the bottom of the incline. In steam days this train would have stopped there and been assisted up the line by at least one engine at the rear.

Last edited:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Thanks for that Bamber. In Koni's brilliant description I would be a Railway Enthusiasms not really in love with trains but I like them and do love riding on them also. As a kid I had an old cast iron HO model train set that covered most of the basement of my Dads house. It sat on six 4x8 sheets of ply board. Kicking myself now because I don't have any photos of it.
Fond this cool gif of the Tornado Steam Locomotive.
One of my model trains even blew smoke when added a tiny pill in the smoke stack.
[jimg]n1a9/z3/b/z/g/e/a.baa-Super-Cool-Tornado-steam-loc.gif[/jimg]​

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I have road on the foot plate on a small green bugger and a massive black bastard(can`t remember the name of them) but twice the driver gave me a lift to the station i wanted to be dropped off at ,but he could not stop so i had to jump off when he slowed down .Of course i gave the finger to a few local spotters when departing the station.:teeth:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I used to live in Barnstaple, North Devon.

This footage is amazingly from the year 1898.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
This is from farther down the line on the same trip...

Last edited:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
:zZzZz:
Ok Mr trainspotter, put a bit of narration to this AND maybe just maybe, i might stay awake.:surrender::choochoo:

:ROFL: :rofl:
Joke aside that is good old footage.

Arse boring but good footage.:heehee:

I have been to Ilfacombe but can`t remember it looking like that.:rofl:

Nice one Bamber.

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Since we have a train that passes by here at least every twenty minutes, I'm not to big ontem....especially since my neighbors son was hit by a train right outside my house...

Bamber

Super Moderator
OK Koni; this is a bit long, but I not only like the footage, I like what was done with the soundtrack.

From that bloody cold winter when you were only 5 years old.

Last edited:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
as a ex railman i fell asleep watching that. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some trainspotters would masturbate over this footage,but that`s train spotters for you.

But hey i have worked freight trains in some real shitty weather.

But yep i have to admit it that footage was a good find, so well done Bamber.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4160458]as a ex railman i fell asleep watching that. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/QUOTE]

Just like being back on the job, then, eh?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4155385]I have road on the foot plate on a small green bugger and a massive black bastard(can`t remember the name of them) but twice the driver gave me a lift to the station i wanted to be dropped off at ,but he could not stop so i had to jump off when he slowed down .Of course i gave the finger to a few local spotters when departing the station.:teeth:[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the green bogey one but I think the massive black bastard was called a Lenny Henry.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
A train on a narrow-gauge railway line makes its way through a winter landscape near Wernigerode, northern Germany
[jimg]n7dz/z3/N/u/i/e/a.aaa-.jpg[/jimg]​

!Keta

I've had this for a while, I love the color contrast ~ beautiful.

[jimg]n7e1/z3/P/u/i/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]

:bow:

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 4169404]
[jimg]n7dz/z3/N/u/i/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]
Sorry I don't know where this one is.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but it's possibly Scotland.

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
:what:OMG There are more trainspotters than i thought on Roo :runforthehills::brb2:The spotters are taking over AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:hide: