Choo choo!

squirt

Administrator
like it was driving into a storm! :bravo:
:xxsandoos:

Bamber

Super Moderator
With "Abandoned", "Rust in peace" and "That sinking feeling" thrown in for good measure.

[video=youtube;IYP0iRXHIFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYP0iRXHIFQ[/video]

Bamber

Super Moderator
There's a steam special, the Royal Duchy, due through Totnes this coming Sunday (7 August), hauled by this engine:

46233 Duchess of Sutherland.

If they stick to the itinerary I've seen she should (unusually) stop in Totnes to take on water on the return journey. I'll try and get her on film.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I haven't used my video camera for a while, so put it on charge yesterday to film 46233 today.

I went up to Castle Meadow at just after midday and filmed around the area, tested where I wanted to zoom and pan, etc. When the train arrived THE BLOODY CAMERA WOULDN'T WORK. I think the battery is dead: I'll have to get a new one.

I'll try to film it with my ordinary camera tonight when it comes back through and stops for water.

Bamber

Super Moderator
:wtf: The bloke who can't even put on a condom without it falling off claims to have successfully put a curse on something?

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, I managed to film her despite a couple of "Ooh look, all these people with cameras have left us a nice place to stand, right in front of them." morons (friends of yours, Koni?)

I'll post it tomorrow sometime.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Here she is:

[video=youtube;mQEO5c_sGtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEO5c_sGtQ[/video]

Sorry Squirt, no whistle. :sad:

The second shot is taken from the footbridge across the river to the South Devon Railway and the Rare Breeds Farm.

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4907971]Well, I managed to film her despite a couple of "Ooh look, all these people with cameras have left us a nice place to stand, right in front of them." morons (friends of yours, Koni?)

I'll post it tomorrow sometime.
[/QUOTE]

Must be Railmen .Railwaymen go on a weeks course to dislike Trainspotters.
When i see trainspotter filming i normally shout," Take your lens cap off you plonker!!!"
:evilgrin:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
The drivers do NOT to blow their whistle when they see trainspotters as they know it pisses them off.Most drivers driving a 56 or 60 hold a newspaper over the loco number as that makes the spotters jump up and down with fury.Muhahahahaha

True story.
One time a driver held a newspaper over the loco number and the spotter phoned up a EWS boss and complained. They all just had a good laugh about it.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4908260]Must be Railmen .Railwaymen go on a weeks course to dislike Trainspotters.
When i see trainspotter filming i normally shout," Take your lens cap off you plonker!!!"
:evilgrin:[/QUOTE]
:thinking:
Strange place to keep a lens cap!