Choo choo!

squirt

Administrator
:clap: :clap:

:loveit:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Steam Specials through Totnes have been rare this year with a number of cancellations, but I managed to see 46100 Royal Scot pull the Royal Duchy both ways today.

It was very blustery so the camera work starts off very shaky because it was a zoomed shot hand held from Castle Meadow. The train was running late and trying hard to catch up lost time as she started to climb Rattery Bank out of Totnes. No matter where I stood for the return trip it was going to be a very short shot, so I decided to do it from my front gate.

[video=youtube;k80BU4O97go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80BU4O97go[/video]

Not a single vehicle passed either way along Castle Street for over 10 minutes until the train arrived, when Koni's mate "blue van man" timed his run almost perfectly.
:tantrum:

squirt

Administrator
from shaky to beautiful to get outta' the way! lol :bravo:
loved the whistles! lol :grin:
:xxsandoos:

Bamber

Super Moderator
For the second consecutive Sunday 46100 Royal Scot was on The Royal Duchy through Totnes, running 4 minutes early both ways which is why she caught me a little by surprise on the way down. I noticed from the scheduled times on the way back that there would be a 15 minute stop at Totnes to take on water, so I managed to catch her coming in, at the station and just after leaving.

[video=youtube_share;WIzJTeFGH8U]https://youtu.be/WIzJTeFGH8U[/video]

There are no more steam excursions scheduled through here this year, so I'm glad I managed to film Royal Scot these past two weeks.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Remember number 93, the steam rail motor? They've finished rebuilding an autocoach. number 92, so they can be used as a push-pull pair, driven from either end. The autocoach also has a nice warning bell on the front.