Choo choo!

squirt

Administrator
I didn't think anywhere in England looked like that, but I wasn't sure lol
xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
There were two diesel hauled special trains through Totnes on Saturday 1st June. I didn't get to film one of them (I was asleep), but got the Pullman both ways. It's travelling fairly slowly to make for a smooth ride during the serving of meals.

The class 67 diesels are rarely used on anything but freight, apart from this pair which are painted in the Pullman colours.

squirt

Administrator
for some reason, it doesn't start playing until the 6:25 mark
but I just found out I can make it go back, I'll have to come back, cuz I gotta git to bed lol

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
It's known as a chime whistle.

Yep, I'm the fool. Had my finger on the wrong button, for some reason.

At the beginning, when you can hear but not see the train, a lass in black stands up from the bench on the platform. She is Kerensa Knight. She posted her clip on facebook and she has captured the doppler effect of the whistle as it passed her. Shame I can't post it here.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Here you go Squirt: lots of whistle on this one, with the longest, most sustained use of one I have ever heard near the beginning.

The long whistle was in honour of a deceased railway photographer, whose ashes were making a final journey through the fire of the locomotive.

The Big Red One

I know Konifur's going to take the piss about me being a train spotter, but I do love steam trains so I'm going to post video clips here, both mine and from others.

This isn't one of mine. Tornado is a very special locomotive. When steam ended in the UK there were luckily many examples preserved. Unfortunately, one of the classes with no preserved representative was the Peppercorn A1 Pacifics...

...so in the '90s a group of enthusiasts got together and BUILT one. It was finished in 2008 and painted in LNER Apple Green.

It's just been painted in a new livery - British Rail Express Passenger Blue; and she looks a treat!

So, dude, you own a Steam Engine? Dayaum, you are the man boss! You da man! you-da-man.jpg

squirt

Administrator
Here you go Squirt: lots of whistle on this one, with the longest, most sustained use of one I have ever heard near the beginning.
fabulous ... just fabulous! lol

I didn't even use fast forward cuz I was afraid I would miss a whistle! lol
xsandos1.gif

The Big Red One

Sadly no, I don't own a steam engine. I was talking about the video.
Ahhh, lol my bad. We have a locomotive being restored in FT. WT Texas called the tarantula, it at 90% being ready to roll out. It has all its passenger cars re-furbished and of course a caboose. It was running perfectly in the 90s but for some reason it fell in dis-repair. We have the regular high speed rails cruising round the two cities, plus the working Diesel-electrics running. Speaking of trains, earlier today near the tracks the arms were going down, and the red warning lights were doing their thing. Some forign broad snuck under one of the closing arms and almost hit the other one texting and driving through. I thought you Dumb-Ass how can you be so arrogant and stupid? The passenger train was blairing its wistle too! Some people bro, some people!:unsure: