Cleaning my pc screen???

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I've heard all kinds of different ways to clean my screen, I never touch it but stops and marks are all over it when I turn it off and it's black I can see them better.

What have any of you found the best way?

TwiztedAngel

I find that isopropyl alcohol is excellent for cleaning my screens, and leaves no oily residue to attract dirt and dust.

Before giving all kind of tips and advices maybe it is best for us to know what kind of computer screen Steven got. lol
With a CRT screen not much harm can be done....unless of course you dip it in a bucket of water...

Flat screens and HDTV's are a complete different story.
These screens are very sensitive,.... layer upon layer. And the smallest drop of fluid can do damage

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
I unplug mine due to risk of getting shocked.
I never use Windex because it is very harsh.
If your screen is really gross I would use distilled water and white vinegar 50/50 solution.
If not so gross just water will work.
Paper towel will work but I use a soft cloth like and old cotton sock.

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
I unplug mine due to risk of getting shocked.
If your screen is really gross I would use distilled water and white vinegar 50/50 solution.
Paper towel will work but I use a soft cloth like and old cotton sock.

kipper

Super Moderator
I usually get my power sander and grind all the dirt off....failing that a stick of dynamite will clear those stubborn stains....

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Just Debbie, post: 4820279]I unplug mine due to risk of getting shocked.
Paper towel will work but I use a soft cloth like and old cotton sock.[/QUOTE]

ordinary water leaves water marks hence the distilled water comment...

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
HP flat screen, I don't have any distilled water although have a bottle of saline water and a bottle of Isopropyl rubbing alcohol cause I have diabetes and use that to prick my finger two times a day.

Have already used Squirts idea of glass cleaner and paper towels and looks 100% better but if it gets to dirty I'll use Kippers idea.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 4820425]HP flat screen, I don't have any distilled water although have a bottle of saline water and a bottle of Isopropyl rubbing alcohol cause I have diabetes and use that to prick my finger two times a day.

Have already used Squirts idea of glass cleaner and paper towels and looks 100% better but if it gets to dirty I'll use Kippers idea.
[/QUOTE]

Saline water will be no good as it contains salt.

Goodgrief

First, I start with deleting the spam. Then I try as hard as I can not to lose my cool with idiots. Oh! You mean cleaning? I use a very mildly damp micro-fiber cloth.