Climate change

squirt

Administrator

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i wonder how the so called sky is falling scientists are going to explain that 2018 was a year of the least tornadoes
when they predicted more than ever ..idiots

Flynn

Personal Observation

When Australia is in heat wave conditions I take comfort in memories of the bitterly cold wind that whistles up and down the streets of New York.

The USA and Canada are still colder than here but I’m sure they’ll enjoy the warm winter.

How’s California doing after the catastrophic fire storm a few moths back ?

Did they get enough rainfall to break their drought conditions ?

The couple of bursts of rainfall we had in Australia has not ended the 4 or 5 year drought a lot of our farmers are experiencing.

There doesn’t seem to be an end to the heat wave conditions that is ongoing across the planet.

It’s almost like the climate is changing on us !

Canberra Times,

Forecasters have cautioned that there is “no reprieve” from the heatwave until at least the weekend as already record-breaking temperatures reach their peak.
Parts of Sydney will swelter into the 40s on Wednesday, just a precursor of a 45C high to come on Friday. Canberra could reach 41C today while 45C is likely in regional cities across New South Wales. On Tuesday, Hay, in the west of the state, almost touched 48C.
An extreme heatwave that poses a risk to even fit and healthy people is now in full swing in eastern parts of the state. The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned of “oppressive conditions”.
Yes, it’s summer and heat is no stranger this time of year — but this is something else.

The Wisconsin Tribune

11th Warmest Start to Meteorological Winter on Record

Meteorological Winter is described as the coldest 3 months on average for the northern hemisphere and emcompasses the months of December, January and February. Looking at the data from MSP, the first half of Meteorological Winter (December 1st - January 14th) was the 11th warmest such periond on record with an average temp of +25.8F.