Climate change

squirt

Administrator

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i wonder how the so called sky is falling scientists are going to explain that 2018 was a year of the least tornadoes
when they predicted more than ever ..idiots

Flynn

Personal Observation

When Australia is in heat wave conditions I take comfort in memories of the bitterly cold wind that whistles up and down the streets of New York.

The USA and Canada are still colder than here but I’m sure they’ll enjoy the warm winter.

How’s California doing after the catastrophic fire storm a few moths back ?

Did they get enough rainfall to break their drought conditions ?

The couple of bursts of rainfall we had in Australia has not ended the 4 or 5 year drought a lot of our farmers are experiencing.

There doesn’t seem to be an end to the heat wave conditions that is ongoing across the planet.

It’s almost like the climate is changing on us !

Canberra Times,

Forecasters have cautioned that there is “no reprieve” from the heatwave until at least the weekend as already record-breaking temperatures reach their peak.
Parts of Sydney will swelter into the 40s on Wednesday, just a precursor of a 45C high to come on Friday. Canberra could reach 41C today while 45C is likely in regional cities across New South Wales. On Tuesday, Hay, in the west of the state, almost touched 48C.
An extreme heatwave that poses a risk to even fit and healthy people is now in full swing in eastern parts of the state. The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned of “oppressive conditions”.
Yes, it’s summer and heat is no stranger this time of year — but this is something else.

The Wisconsin Tribune

11th Warmest Start to Meteorological Winter on Record

Meteorological Winter is described as the coldest 3 months on average for the northern hemisphere and emcompasses the months of December, January and February. Looking at the data from MSP, the first half of Meteorological Winter (December 1st - January 14th) was the 11th warmest such periond on record with an average temp of +25.8F.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
People want or maybe even need to turn a blind eye where global warming/climate change is concerned, and that’s only natural imo because the cold hard facts are understandably difficult to accept. I hear people talking about it all the time and the most popular defence seems to be that its all in our minds, that Canadians have always endured very cold winters and have had our share of extremely hot summers, so what else is new?
All I can say is that denial is not a fix. We have at our fingertips the ability to do the research. It’s not rocket science folks. Check out what’s happening around the world. Whether it be melting glaciers, bleached coral reefs, rising seas, or unpredictable weather, this shit is real and we owe it to the planet we depend on for life and for our future, to do whatever we have to do to help.
At the very least, face reality.

Vinnie

Climate change is happening all around us. The evidence is very clear. How much is caused by human action may be up for debate but the reality is it doesn't much matter the cause if you are suffering the effect.
The main reason not to do anything about it is economic but if we encourage the "green" economy, you can thne make a helluva ot of money for the changes we need to make.

Flynn

Hi guys as Vince a Sadie pointed out, it doesn’t much matter how it’s happening, whether it’s humans or Mother Nature herself, the climate is changing.

Whatever we can do to stem the flow of poison flowing into the atmosphere we should do it.

There’s as many jobs in the renewable energy sector as there are in the coal, oil and gas fields. People have resisted change throughout history, I remember my grandmother had a copper boiler and she couldn’t be convinced that an electric washing machine would work better.

Greenland loses 4 trillion pounds of ice in one day

Steffen Olsen, a scientist with the Danish Meteorological Institute, got an eerie up-close look at the changing ice sheets last week. Olsen was on a routine mission to pick up weather monitoring tools on sea ice in northwest Greenland when he saw meltwater pooled up on the sheet's surface, making it look like his sled dogs were walking on water.

The Big Red One

There is another factor that the un-educated will never know or believe, and that good. Some folks know the truth, and i'll just leave it at that and just sit back and laugh, some folks are really packing in the money from this.....;):ROFLMAO: