Comey's ratting

Tsalagi

During ABC’s much-anticipated interview with former FBI Director James Comey, the ex-lawman held virtually nothing back, from his views on impeaching President Trump to gossiping about hand size. Yet curiously, Comey brushed away one issue that he clearly didn’t want to discuss: his leaking of memos to the New York Times.

“(W)hether you can leak unclassified information, I don't want to get involved in that,” he said firmly.

That won’t come as a surprise to America’s working-level spies and law enforcement officers. They can see right through Comey’s charade of “leadership” and “loyalty” because they know the immeasurable damage he has caused.

Here’s why.

When a servicemember, covert operator, or G-man takes their oath of allegiance to the nation, it’s a moment of both joy and humility. It’s a covenant signifying sacrifice, fidelity, and mission. New recruits quickly understand that they are no longer an individual – neither Republican nor Democrat, Muslim nor Christian, gay nor straight – but rather part of a collective force that stops at nothing to defend and promote America’s interests.
It’s impossible to overstate what a gut punch this was for officers in the FBI and CIA. For years, they had been told, lectured, and threatened not to leak to the press. They were given clear paths to share their concerns of abuse, all of which were known and available to Comey. He could have handed his notes to the Senate or House, but he didn’t. He could have testified about his concerns, but at that point he didn’t.

Instead, Comey chose to leak. And he admitted to his treachery only after being compelled to testify.

squirt

Administrator
I'm furious ... seething inside ... after hearing what's in Comey's memos
PROOF that President Trump didn't obstruct justice, PROOF that President Trump was NEVER under investigation for collusion (a non-existent crime)
and everybody from Congress to the DOJ to the FBI has known this all along lol

but hey, we just pay them, we don't need to know

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
and every single think for them self America citizen should be fuming..it is a disgrace what the FBI upper level have done to try and destroy your
election process and to unseat an elected presisident
it is time for mueller to end his witch hunt investigation..it is all based on the leaks of comey to his friend who he told to leak it to the media
in hopes of a special council..remember his testimony in front of congress?...he admitted leaking government files..classified or not it is illegal to share government files..i cant remember the exact law code but the real news has been reporting it for months

i said way back in another thread i thought it was a bogus investigation but a moderator of that thread removed my post because someone
couldnt handle the truth and got their feelings hurt and reported it
i sure hope all the anti Trump radicals like crow because they are going to be eating a lot of it

Tsalagi

The word came that President Trump was adding former U.S. attorney and New York mayor Rudy Giuliani to his legal team. This makes a great deal of sense for three reasons: 1) the Michael Cohen warrants were issued by the Southern District Court of New York, Giuliani’s old stomping ground, 2) he’s been outspoken for a long time about the obvious double standard applied to Hillary Clinton, and 3) he’s RUDY GIULIANI, for gosh sakes. The plan reportedly is for him to stay on board just for a while, with the goal of bringing the Mueller investigation to a conclusion soon. If anyone can do it, he can.

But here’s an amusing side note: Though James Comey goes after Trump on page after page of his new book, he also spends a great deal of energy attacking Giuliani at length. This secondary focus on Giuliani is so obvious, it’s even been noticed by others in law enforcement. “Every mention he made of Giuliani as the U.S. attorney for the Southern District, there were gratuitous shots,” said former FBI agent James Gagliano, a 20-year veteran of the FBI’s New York office. But here’s the hilarious part: Most of Comey’s cheap shots go after Giuliani for his ego –- for liking publicity

If you’re like me, that last sentence made you fall to the floor, helpless with laughter. Imagine James Comey criticizing someone else for seeking the limelight. I wonder why he didn’t say that about Giuliani when he went on TV with Stephen Colbert.

That was just the first of the breaking news. The Big Story is that Comey’s six memos written to document his conversations with Trump have finally been released in unredacted form to the House and Senate Judiciary, Oversight and Intelligence Committees and to Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi, and in somewhat redacted form to the media, so now we mere mortals can know most of what’s in them. My first question is, why were these redacted? Comey said he hadn’t leaked classified material, so there should be no need to black anything out. These memos don’t incriminate Trump; they incriminate Comey.

Regarding the allegations against Trump, the big take-away is that this material is, to borrow a particularly apt (in this context) phrase from Hillary Clinton, a BIG NOTHINGBURGER. Really, there isn’t anything at all to even suggest collusion or obstruction of justice on the part of Donald Trump. If this is what Comey leaked to get deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to appoint a special counsel, one has to wonder how low Rosenstein’s bar was set. There is just nothing here that warrants an investigation of Trump.

For example, regarding the March 30, 2017, phone call Comey had with the President, his notes make clear that Trump wanted him to find out if anyone involved in his campaign (a “satellite”) had done anything wrong relative to the Russia probe. That certainly doesn’t sound like someone who had anything to hide. At the same time, he wanted to know if there was any way to make it public that he wasn’t being personally investigated. This is a perfectly natural desire, a request that is not consistent with obstruction. Indeed, Comey wrote in his notes that he never felt obstructed.

In April, during another phone conversation, Trump asked Comey about announcing that he wasn’t being investigated personally. Comey wrote nothing about thinking this was inappropriate, just that he advised Trump to have the White House counsel’s office call the acting attorney general about it. Trump apparently never followed up. Again, not obstruction.

Oh –-and here’s a little more comic relief: After his White House dinner with Trump, Comey made this deliciously ironic note: “I explained that he could count on me to always tell him the truth. I said I don’t do sneaky things. I don’t leak, I don’t do weasel moves.” Go ahead, laugh until you cry. I’ll wait.

In another development, Rod Rosenstein has told Trump that he’s not a target of the Michael Cohen investigation or Mueller investigation. That raises an interesting question: Since, as Mark Levin pointed out, under the DOJ’s own memoranda from 1972 (in conjunction with Watergate), a sitting President CAN’T be the target of a criminal investigation, what were the multiple raids on Michael Cohen –- which scooped up all the privileged communications between Trump and Cohen –- all

Really, all this has just scratched the surface. In other Big News, the Inspector General issued a criminal referral for Andrew McCabe, saying they have evidence his lies were “knowing and intentionally made.” If he goes to trial, Comey is likely to be a witness. And if Comey goes to trial, maybe vice versa!

As the Scots poet Robert Bruce said, "Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".

Isn't it a grand relief that they have been caught in the act!

squirt

Administrator
I want to see McCabe drain his savings, have to sell his house, and end up pleading guilty to lying to the FBI to save what's left of his life
I want him to know how General Flynn feels!
the difference, of course, being that Flynn didn't lie, and McCabe did

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
it wouldnt surprise me at all if it all falls back on obama who btw broke constitutional law with many of his executive orders
they are just scratching the surface of just how corrupt the last administration was and the hold outs are