COMPLETE: Smileys

Bamber

Super Moderator
We have requests from a high percentage of the active members for the smileys which were available on the vBulletin forum. They were heavily used in posted comments and the historic posts now just contain the shortcut text. This happened once before, when you severed a link to the server, and I managed to resurrect them; a smiley editor plug-in would enable me to reinstate them, as long as it had a definable shortcut option.

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
I've added a significant amount of new smilies, and they are all categorized. Let me know if this does the job :)

Bamber

Super Moderator
"Could I have my personalised car cleaning kit back?"

"Here's a bucket of soapy water and a cloth, same as everyone else has."

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
so does that mean we will have these boring I-phone type smileys forever and not the ones that we originally had, some of which Bamber had made for many of us?

squirt

Administrator
you're talking about a LOT of smileys, might it be better to give Bamber access and let him do it?
he's got them stored in several places, but there's a thread in General Support that has a link to them all

Bamber

Super Moderator
Post them here, and I will add them.
I warn you now, there are a LOT of them. This is the post I put in General Support so members can access them...

If you want to access our old smileys (and a few more), go here:

Postimages smileys

The smileys should show in alphabetical order, and I named most of them the same as the old shortcuts.

If you click the "Share" button, top left, the URLs for the smileys will show. Make sure "Codes for images" is set to "Hotlinks for forums". You should now be able to scroll to the one you want (use the slide bar on the right to do it faster), put your cursor on the URL you want, left click and drag the cursor across the URL to select it (the background to the text turns blue), Ctrl+c to copy.

Alternatively, you can scroll to the smiley you want**, position your cursor on it, click the "Share" icon (like a fancy < character) click the copy icon to the right of the "Hotlinks for forums".

You can now go to the post where you want to use it and Ctrl+v to paste the smiley in.

If you like it, I suggest you bookmark that page.

Good luck!

Comments about this here:

**I'm afraid Postimages scrolling function is a bit fragile with so many pictures. If you get an error message while scrolling through the images you will need to refresh the page and start scrolling through them again.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
OK Squirty,, I had thought they would be here like they originally were and with the codes.. so this means something else gone array ,, I'll say no more about anything in the Roo since I get it thrown back in my face... for me this NEW Roo is NOT anything close to the OLD and FUN Roo. I'm about to leave if things don't improve, no one posting, I go away for a day or two, come back and maybe there will be 6-8 threads that were posted in. I'm not sure what I will do at this point. No need for you to respond since ,,,,,,, never mind

squirt

Administrator
I wasn't even talking to you, your post appeared after I hit submit, I was talking to jokaroo. and you must've posted as I was typing my reply

can you just breathe please? I haven't thrown anything back in your face, I've been trying to help you solve the issues you see
we're getting there, little bit and Mimi are 2 returns that should make you smile! ☺