Desktop Full

Yep, told ya Vista sucks more than a Hoover! hehehe lol! :)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2649224]What does the error message say? and are you using Vista?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I`m using vista. The message reads as follows...*Windows cannot find such and such a file. Make sure you typed the name correctly*

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Don'tLikeStinkingThinking, post: 2649253]Yep, told ya Vista sucks more than a Hoover! hehehe lol! :)[/quote]

Yep biggest pile of junk around, fortunately there will be a new one out in the not to distant future codenamed Windows 7 at the moment, should be out in 2010.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 2649274]Yes, I`m using vista. The message reads as follows...*Windows cannot find such and such a file. Make sure you typed the name correctly*[/quote]

chuck it out and reinstall it and I will go through it with you..

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2650258]chuck it out and reinstall it and I will go through it with you..[/QUOTE]

Just uninstall it?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 2650453]Just uninstall it?[/quote]

Yep and reinstall from download.com..

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2650456]Yep and reinstall from download.com..[/QUOTE]

Download.com?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 2650458]Download.com?[/quote]

That is the site to get object dock, some others will try to charge you for it. reinstall it and see if the error happens again..

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2650460]That is the site to get object dock, some others will try to charge you for it. reinstall it and see if the error happens again..[/QUOTE]

I'll try....:nervous:

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
Ok, I clicked on OBJECTDOCK and then DOWNLOAD NOW....it takes me to a page where it's thanking me for downloading objectdock and telling me that my download should start any minute and there's a link to hit incase this doesn't happen....but, without doing anything, the page then changes to this..

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 2650466]Ok, I clicked on OBJECTDOCK and then DOWNLOAD NOW....it takes me to a page where it's thanking me for downloading objectdock and telling me that my download should start any minute and there's a link to hit incase this doesn't happen....but, without doing anything, the page then changes to this..

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.[/quote]

Is there a message in the yellow bar at the top? IE is forever trying to stop you downloading things, pile of shite that it is..lol

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
That worked. Thank you Kipper darling. Ummmmm but I have no icons...oh wait...I did like you said, I have them all in a file on my desktop, that's a good thing, right?...lol..see, I'm not all that blonde:blush:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 2650480]That worked. Thank you Kipper darling. Ummmmm but I have no icons...oh wait...I did like you said, I have them all in a file on my desktop, that's a good thing, right?...lol..see, I'm not all that blonde:blush:[/quote]

haven't tried this with vista, but put that folder into my documents and rename it desktop shortcuts, come out of there, then go back in and drag that folder into the dock, you can change the icon later. let me know

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2650514]haven't tried this with vista, but put that folder into my documents and rename it desktop shortcuts, come out of there, then go back in and drag that folder into the dock, you can change the icon later. let me know[/QUOTE]

Done!

Now let me know if it stays like you just configured it....I uninstalled twice and reinstalled and it acts up on me frequently. It just disapears totally unless I reboot the system.

I have practically given up and just have the folder on the desk top with the trash bin.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Don'tLikeStinkingThinking, post: 2650534]Now let me know if it stays like you just configured it....I uninstalled twice and reinstalled and it acts up on me frequently. It just disapears totally unless I reboot the system.

I have practically given up and just have the folder on the desk top with the trash bin.[/QUOTE]

So, it's got nothing to do with Vista then.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Don'tLikeStinkingThinking, post: 2650534]Now let me know if it stays like you just configured it....I uninstalled twice and reinstalled and it acts up on me frequently. It just disapears totally unless I reboot the system.

I have practically given up and just have the folder on the desk top with the trash bin.[/quote]

cos you've prolly got it to not appear when not in use, go to position and click either keep on top keep on bottom or hide in background when not in use.

Hey Kip, I do appreciate the assistance, but I tried all sorts of configs and it still vanishes and does what it wants...go figure! Now today it has continued to work thus far, first time well since you posted this thread. Perhaps the 'kinks' are worked out!

Some times with windows a boot can change the world! ;)