Do we still need the Electoral College?

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
For the life of me I can not understand why it takes a state smaller than California or Texas (high population) to get all of their votes counted. What are they doing? only counting a few hundred a day? To me there is NO excuse for such a delay under any circumstances

squirt

Administrator
it appears that they were certifying the election results
they were certified today and Trump declared the victor by just under 11,000 votes
Clinton has 48 hours to contest and ask for a recount, it would cost her $240,000 to get that recount

squirt

Administrator
For the life of me I can not understand why it takes a state smaller than California or Texas (high population) to get all of their votes counted. What are they doing? only counting a few hundred a day? To me there is NO excuse for such a delay under any circumstances[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]
the reason California got done so quickly is because there was no way Trump could win by counting the absentee ballots
so they didn't have to count them
not the case in Michigan, every single vote was counted

Tsalagi

We will know in 16 days when the Electoral College meets and cast their votes. (December 19th). The Democrats are helpless to stop that, short of an armed revolution by the New Black Panther Party/Army).

T

Last edited:

Mimi

Trump is an embarrassment. Conversation often revolves around Clinton and lying but Trump can be an absolute sexist pig and it somehow doesn't stick. I don't like either but would have voted Clinton to help keep him out.

squirt

Administrator
what does him being a sexist pig have to do with his ability to take America in a better direction? lol :thee:

they think John F. Kennedy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe and connected to her death, they still call him one of the greatest presidents we've ever had

Goodgrief

Just my two cents worth to you, U.S citizens. Don't ever let go of your electoral system. Yours is a fair way of voting for what is good for you or what will work for you. We, Canadians, are forced to vote for a party to elect the Prime Minister. But there's the clincher. The most populated provinces are the ones who sway the election. Most likely the ones who benefit the most from equalization transfers from less populated, but most productive provinces.

Never let go of the electoral college!

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Mimi, post: 4963822]Trump is an embarrassment. Conversation often revolves around Clinton and lying but Trump can be an absolute sexist pig and it somehow doesn't stick. I don't like either but would have voted Clinton to help keep him out.[/QUOTE]

Most of the sexist crap about Trump was dug up by the Clinton regime and was not true.
If you want to talk about Clinton, don't start without bringing up Benghazi and illegal servers and we will go from there. Her campaign philosophy was "I am going to continue whatever Obama is doing"......Really?? Trump has done more for our economy as president elect than Obama has done in eight years.

Goodgrief

As a Canadian, a few more cents thrown in. Let us not forget the shit the Clinton era started, just to be finished up like a cup-cake by Obama. Give all American jobs to China, India and the rest of the world. Then, there is the oil industry.... Our continent is capable of sustaining us for a very long time with cooperation across the continent. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Let us kneel in front of OPEC! More money into the Clinton foundation and God knows what to Obama.

Not quite finished with my rant. You think Canada is perfect. Wrong! We have an empty headed idiot as a Prime Minister who thinks Fidel Castro is a hero. (No, I did not vote for the idiot.)
Those who think that Health-care is free in Canada have not done their homework. We pay 4 to 5 times as much taxes as U.S citizens do just so the Government can gloat about it.

Here is my deal. Anyone of you who wants to move up here, gimme a shout. I will gladly trade my place for yours.

Mimi

[QUOTE="Country17, post: 4963962]Most of the sexist crap about Trump was dug up by the Clinton regime and was not true.
If you want to talk about Clinton, don't start without bringing up Benghazi and illegal servers and we will go from there. Her campaign philosophy was "I am going to continue whatever Obama is doing"......Really?? Trump has done more for our economy as president elect than Obama has done in eight years.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4963897][FONT=&amp]what does him being a sexist pig have to do with his ability to take America in a better direction? lol :thee:

they think John F. Kennedy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe and connected to her death, they still call him one of the greatest presidents we've ever had
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
America can't be better when it's lead by a male that speaks/thinks the way Trump does about women. Not a chance.

Regardless of whether it was dug up or not, it's true.

Speaking of the economy; how many times bankrupt is he again?

Lack of respect is why most first world countries have gone to shit, and he epitomises 'lack of respect'.

squirt

Administrator
by their fruits you shall know them ... and his children are darned impressive!
his daughter exudes confidence, that didn't come from a lack of respect
he used the laws of the land to do what he thought was best for his company
he's a deal maker, and I think the USA will benefit greatly from his presidency
it's not like we've done well under the status quo, and it's not like there aren't many other countries that would like to keep their current leaders
my suggestion is for those countries to get their own houses in order before shining a spotlight on ours lol

as for Obama, you can have him, I'm sure Trump would pay to fly him to Australia! lol :grin:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="Mimi, post: 4964033]Obama is also a very sexy man. :hearteyes:[/QUOTE]

Obama is hotter than our *oldfart* Prime Minister! younger than too! Ya think Trump would fly him to Aussie us? Trump PLEASE?????????????????

Last edited:

Mimi

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4964103]by their fruits you shall know them ... and his children are darned impressive!
his daughter exudes confidence, that didn't come from a lack of respect
he used the laws of the land to do what he thought was best for his company
he's a deal maker, and I think the USA will benefit greatly from his presidency
it's not like we've done well under the status quo, and it's not like there aren't many other countries that would like to keep their current leaders
my suggestion is for those countries to get their own houses in order before shining a spotlight on ours lol

as for Obama, you can have him, I'm sure Trump would pay to fly him to Australia! lol :grin:
[/QUOTE]
His daughters were raised by women who taught them dignity whilst he was out going bankrupt. No chance he has anything to do with the way they are; he's a vain, loud mouthed, bully. If America needs to go bankrupt though, at least he has experience.

Mimi

[QUOTE="likeaneagle, post: 4964137]Obama is hotter than our *oldfart* Prime Minister! younger than too! Ya think Trump would fly him to Aussie us? Trump PLEASE?????????????????[/QUOTE]
Yes, pleeeeeeeeease!That man's mind... :hearteyes:

Tsalagi

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4963897]what does him being a sexist pig have to do with his ability to take America in a better direction? lol :thee:

[/QUOTE]
You are right, Squirt! Eisenhower has a mistress when he was the Commander E.T.O., Franklin D. Roosevelt has a mistress, Eleanor had a lesbian lover, Warren Harding had a mistress, Slick Willie Clinton had numerous mistresses, Jimmy Carter had a favourite sheep on his farm, and who knows yet about the Obamas. Hillary has Abda, Debbie, and who else, as the rumors fly! And these people were doing it while in the Oval Office. Drump "did" it if the claims can be proven, over a decade ago, while he was a businessman. And I believe that 90% of males had done the same at some time in their lives. Look at some of the post on the funny stuff threads here! Let us not cast stones from inside our own glass houses.

T

Tsalagi

[QUOTE="Mimi, post: 4964422]His daughters were raised by women who taught them dignity whilst he was out going bankrupt. No chance he has anything to do with the way they are; he's a vain, loud mouthed, bully. If America needs to go bankrupt though, at least he has experience.[/QUOTE]
So do many millionaires. There all sorts of learning experiences along the road of life!

T

squirt

Administrator
so ... at the very least, you have to credit him for hiring the right person for the job! lol :goldstar:
and if you think Obama's not vain, you haven't been paying attention lol
and if you want to talk about bullies, you need to start with Hillary Clinton!

let's talk about your politicians for a minute ... do you LIKE them?
Trump was and is the great American "screw you" to Washington D.C.

seen on a t-shirt:

Obama calls me clinger
Clinton calls me deplorable
terrorists call me infidel
Trump calls me American[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

squirt

Administrator
as for putting our nation into bankruptcy ... I think we're already there!

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4964516]as for putting our nation into bankruptcy ... I think we're already there!

[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no idea about US politic so correct me if I am wrong.....and, to be honest, I don't care who you have as president......you keep your trouble and I keep mine.
But didn't your national debt increased so much due debts held by the public?

And wasn't much of the goverment debt increase the result of laws and economic conditions before Obama took office?

And isn't spending and tax decisions primarily the responsibility of congress?

I always thought that overthere it is the congress that passes tax and spending legislation. and that there is little a president can do to impact the debt, positively or negatively, without a bill passed by the congress. And at the same time there is little the congress can do without a president's signature.