Druid's Crayon Therapy

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="druid627, post: 4616908]
[/QUOTE]

Never had any siblings. To tell the truth, I'm not sorry. Most of my cousins did. Seems to me it was a constant battle that never ended.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="druid627, post: 4775607]There were times I wish I didn't, but there were times I'm glad that wish didn't come true, especially for my parent's sake.[/QUOTE]

Even if I moved 3,000 miles away, I was always there when needed. My parents were independent folks. They taught me well. But the bond was strong.

Goodgrief

My dad passed away in the mid-nineties. Mom survived him until 2009.
She sometimes had a strange way of doing things. October 2008. I get a call from her saying she's selling the house and wants to move to a seniors' apartment. OK, catch a plane fly there only to find out that the house is already sold but she hasn't found a place to live in.....

Huh... Mom? Shouldn't you have done that before selling the house?

Scrambling! Thank Goodness, the new owner wasn't in a big hurry. Let her stay in for another week and a half. Found a great place for her! Moved her in. We got her a new TV and an electric fireplace. I thought things would be wonderful for her. I should have known better. 5 months later, I got a call from her care-giver. She was dying. I flew down as fast as I could pack and get a flight. Got there on the evening of St-Patrick's Day (her favorite, she was Irish). She was in a coma, but I'm sure she knew I was there. She was gone the next day.

Such is life. I now know she knew she was going to die soon. She sold the house to save me from having to do it from a long distance.

She never let on what was going on with her. Strong lady!

She was my best friend.

druid627

My dad dropped right in front of my little brother. When Mom went into hospital the last time in Dec. 2008, she held on until the day after Ed's birthday on the 30th, and after he went home before she slipped away. She had the last three of us after her first heart attack, after my 4th sister was born.
She buried her parents, husband, one daughter, grandparents, and still raised all nine of us to individuals, and treated each of us like we were the most important of the kids. I miss her.

sassypants

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4775788]My dad passed away in the mid-nineties. Mom survived him until 2009.
She sometimes had a strange way of doing things. October 2008. I get a call from her saying she's selling the house and wants to move to a seniors' apartment. OK, catch a plane fly there only to find out that the house is already sold but she hasn't found a place to live in.....

Huh... Mom? Shouldn't you have done that before selling the house?

Scrambling! Thank Goodness, the new owner wasn't in a big hurry. Let her stay in for another week and a half. Found a great place for her! Moved her in. We got her a new TV and an electric fireplace. I thought things would be wonderful for her. I should have known better. 5 months later, I got a call from her care-giver. She was dying. I flew down as fast as I could pack and get a flight. Got there on the evening of St-Patrick's Day (her favorite, she was Irish). She was in a coma, but I'm sure she knew I was there. She was gone the next day.

Such is life. I now know she knew she was going to die soon. She sold the house to save me from having to do it from a long distance.

She never let on what was going on with her. Strong lady!

She was my best friend.

[/QUOTE]

Nice memory.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="druid627, post: 4778420]
[/QUOTE]

[jimg]qfl6/z3/Q/f/T/e/a.baa-nope-tag-2.jpg[/jimg]

:runforthehills:

druid627

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4778876][jimg]rmr4/z3/W/V/6/e/WV6ea.baa.1-love-your-work-118.png[/jimg]

:2lips:[/QUOTE]

:lips: