Freeware

essex boy

Super Moderator
Ubuntu Operating System.
Use instead of paying for WindowsXP,Vista etc..great if you have a crashed computer and no XPetc disk or recovery disks for your computer.
You can order a free CD disk and it should take 6-10 weeks to arrive.
Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

Web Browsers..Alternatives to Windows Explorer
Firefox... Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client

Opera.. Opera browser: Home page

Safari.. Apple - Safari

Free AntiVirus...
AVG.. AVG Free - Download antivirus and antispyware software for Windows XP and Vista

Also Avast Anti Virus
avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software - Download

Free Alternative to Microsoft Office..
Open Office.. why: Why OpenOffice.org

Organize your Music Collection..
Media Monkey.. MediaMonkey Free MP3 Jukebox Player, Music Library Organizer

Access and Control your PC from anywhere
Log me in.. https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

Online 50GB Hard Drive..
ADrive.. 50GB of Free Online Storage & Backup

Computer Cleaner and Register Mechanic...
Ccleaner.. CCleaner - 1. After Installation

Trojan Killer 1.3
Download Trojan Killer 1.3.3.1 - A malicious computer software (malware) removal tool. - Softpedia

essex boy

Super Moderator
Thanks Joe,I've ordered one of the Ubuntu disks for my back up computer.
That computer only has WindowsME so Ubuntu should make it a lot more up to date.
I have the recovery disks for the ME Computer should I find that Ubuntu's not as good as it looks.
Once I recieve the disk and upgrade the ME I'll let you all know my opinion.

kipper

Super Moderator
I've found the best browser is Netscape Navigator. That is freeware and I find it better than Mozilla firefox which I also have. I've also got Opera, cant understand anyone using Internet explorer pile of shite.

squirt

Administrator
there's comfort in the known lol do either of you have a good (and free lol) spyware scan/removal program?

squirt

Administrator
download Ad-aware free? I don't want a blocker, just a scan/removal program ... I've got it open awaiting instructions lol

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2302333]download Ad-aware free? I don't want a blocker, just a scan/removal program ... I've got it open awaiting instructions lol[/quote]

Yep download the free and it's not a blocker unless you buy the pro. xxx

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2302338]Yep download the free and it's not a blocker unless you buy the pro. xxx[/QUOTE]

thank you so much, most sexy one! :inlove: :inlove:

squirt

Administrator
I don't want an anti-virus program tho, I just want to do a scan, so even if it's just a free trial, it will do what I want it to do, I do so appreciate the input essex!

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2302346]I don't want an anti-virus program tho, I just want to do a scan, so even if it's just a free trial, it will do what I want it to do, I do so appreciate the input essex![/quote]

It's not a free trial, and this is the best spyware freeware on the market.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2302346]I don't want an anti-virus program tho, I just want to do a scan, so even if it's just a free trial, it will do what I want it to do, I do so appreciate the input essex![/quote]

A lot of those freescans put a false virus on your computer to scare you and ask you to buy the full version to get rid of it. You could have emailed me or PM'd me I would have told you this and helped.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2302428]A lot of those freescans put a false virus on your computer to scare you and ask you to buy the full version to get rid of it. You could have emailed me or PM'd me I would have told you this and helped.[/QUOTE]

well ... lol :blush: I didn't think about/remember it lol till I got here, I haven't tried anything, I would've come to you first! always, I will always ask you first! :inlove: :inlove:

essex boy

Super Moderator
I deleted my post as I was confused as to if it was a free trial or freeware.
From what I can tell it's free for 1 year then you have to pay.

Ad-Aware 2008 Plus
12 full months of real-time protection against identity theft, hackers, worms, Trojans and emerging malware threats.

Regularly $26.95
Now $0.00

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2302428]A lot of those freescans put a false virus on your computer to scare you and ask you to buy the full version to get rid of it. You could have emailed me or PM'd me I would have told you this and helped.[/quote]

If something comes up on your computer telling you that you have certain viruses and offering you an offer to get rid of them don't trust them.
A lot of scam companies either give you fake virus scans,put viruses on your computer then ask you to pay to get rid of them,or find viruses for free and ask you to pay to get rid of them.
Don't trust them,odds on we can do the job for free.