Freeware

kipper

Super Moderator

squirt

Administrator
are you telling me that the program I've installed into my computer is not any good? lol :eh: I need to download this one? how do I get rid of the other one? will there be any conflict?

squirt

Administrator
it looks the same to me, the page you linked me to first took me to that page ...

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2302437]are you telling me that the program I've installed into my computer is not any good? lol :eh: I need to download this one? how do I get rid of the other one? will there be any conflict?[/quote]

Nope it's the same program just that you got the upgraded version on trial, should convert to the freeware when the trial runs out.

kipper

Super Moderator
After looking at the site again, you do have the freeversion so it should be ok

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="essex boy, post: 2302785]Seems to me that that one is freeware and it's the plus one that's the trial version.[/quote]

Well If you go for the ad aware plus it wants you to take an up an offer of catalogues credit cards or some other shit. If you go to the freeware it directs you to Download.com. So I will change the link..

kipper

Super Moderator
End of Support for Netscape web browsers - The Netscape Blog[/URL]

I got an email explaining it ages ago. But as I don't use aol I binned it..But it looks like they are giving up, shame as I found it better than firefox

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2302784]After looking at the site again, you do have the freeversion so it should be ok[/QUOTE]

very good, thank you SO much most sexy one! :inlove: :inlove:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 2303018]very good, thank you SO much most sexy one! :inlove: :inlove:[/quote]

I downloaded it at it's running no probs. xxx

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 2303023]I downloaded it at it's running no probs. xxx[/QUOTE]

I'll run it tonight, got losted in PSP last night or I'd have tried it then lol :blush: :inlove: :inlove:

essex boy

Super Moderator
I recieved the Ubuntu disk this morning so it only took just over 2 weeks to get to me,a lot faster than predicted.
Sad to say though I can't try it out for some time as my Windows ME Computer has developed a faulty connection so the mains power lead doesn't work.
When I'm able to buy a cheap second hand computer,or get the Me computer fixed I'll try it out.

Anna

Jokeroo VIP Status
Thanks so much...I just installed office.
I had probs with the roo for a while now and b4 i logged in today i got firefox..
b4 i had IE...so that seem to have done the trick..
and it seems fine now..
I have ad aware for years now too
but squirt you still should look for an antivirus progr.
as ad aware wont protect you of any viruses...
it mostly just gets rid of cookies and stuff

Anna

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="essex boy, post: 2328324]You're welcome,glad you managed to fix the problem.[/quote]Ty..yep..knock on wood..lol

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="anna_hun, post: 2328261]Thanks so much...I just installed office.
I had probs with the roo for a while now and b4 i logged in today i got firefox..
b4 i had IE...so that seem to have done the trick..
and it seems fine now..
I have ad aware for years now too
but squirt you still should look for an antivirus progr.
as ad aware wont protect you of any viruses...
it mostly just gets rid of cookies and stuff[/QUOTE]

awwwwwwwwwwwwww ... you're so sweet! my virus protection is fine, I just needed something to detect and remove spy/adware, essex gave me a great C-Cleaner a couple of years ago :thumbs-up it's so nice to have you back Anna! *big hugs 'n lotsa love!* :inlove:

essex boy

Super Moderator
At the moment I'm using my ME Computer which has been upgraded using the Ubuntu disk and all is working perfect.
The screen resolution seems to be set at the same as the same as Roo's though,1024x768 so as I have the Roo set as simple fixed the text looks small,but if I was to use this computer full time I'd change that to simple fluid.
The Ubuntu system loaded as a repartion on my hard drive,therefore as I had my internet settings set up and firefox already loaded as part of my Windows Me they transfered over and I was able to use Ubuntu and get online straight away.

Vinnie

If you are looking for a virus software can I suggest AVG free. I've had it on my machines for a couple of years and though the protection is basic, it works.