Freeware

essex boy

Super Moderator
Here's something else I found handy that I'm adding to the list.
Trojan Killer 1.3
Download Trojan Killer 1.3.3.1 - A malicious computer software (malware) removal tool. - Softpedia

I was infected by Win32: Trojan-gen,something questions are being asked about all over the intenet and not many seem to know how to get rid of.
I used Avast,which spotted it but couldn't get rid of it,same for AVG,also Malwarebytes Anti Malware couldn't get rid of it.
It affected Internet Explorer giving anoying pop up advertising every couple of mins.
It did not affect Firefox however so I used firefox till I found a way to kill the Trojan.
2 days later I discovered Trojan Killer 1.4 which done the job.

The links below are some of the add ons and enhancements I use with XP. At the present I am using all them except the Transformation Pack

IE 7 Pro - IE 7 add on
IE7Pro - The Ultimate Add-On for Internet Explorer

Vista Sidebar ( Longhorn )- Has many panels for date, time, weather, quick launch icons, system performance, can be docked and/or hidden.
Desktop Sidebar Home Page

Vista Transformation Pack
Vista Transformation Pack Win Vista

Vista Start Menu - Convert the XP Start Menu to Vista Start Menu
Vista Start Menu – Convenient alternative to Start menu

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="nanny mags, post: 2388148]i havent got vista[/quote]

Don't need it,the transformation pack and Vista start menu transforms your XP giving it an artificial Vista look. :bigsmile:

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="nanny mags, post: 2388242]is it this one hun and what does it do ,dumb blonde here lol[/quote]

Yep,I'm using this one
VistaMizer Download - Softpedia

and this one

Vista Start Menu – Convenient alternative to Start menu

The first one gives your XP a Vista look,you get the Vista music,screensaver,desktop and appearence.

The second one converts your XP Start Menu to a Vista start menu.

The two together gives the XP computer a really cool new look.

squirt

Administrator
why would you want an artificial Vista look? lol I'm just curious lol :lookaroun

essex boy

Super Moderator
I don't want to pay loads of cash to upgrade my XP to Vista but I love the look and the sound of Vista.
This is a free alternative lol

essex boy

Super Moderator
SpiderWeb has PM'd me some links,some of which look interesting so I'll post them here

BitDefender Free Edition is your chance to use one of the world's most effective antivirus engines for free!
BitDefender Free Edition uses the same ICSA Labs certified scanning engines found in other BitDefender products, allowing you to enjoy basic virus protection for no cost at all.

Virus scanning and removal
Scheduled scanning
Immediate scanning
Skinable interface
Quarantine
Reports

Download BitDefender 10 Free Edition - FileHippo.com

DeepBurner Free - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
CNET.com > Download > Windows > MP3 & Audio Software > CD & DVD Burners

<DeepBurner Free 1.8 Download Now (2.73MB)
Tested spyware free

License: Free Editor's Rating: Average User Rating: (out of 277 votes) Rate it! Downloads: 1,018,196 Requirements: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server Limitations: No limitations Date Added: April 19, 2006 Publisher's description of DeepBurner Free
view larger From Astonsoft:
DeepBurner is an advanced and powerful CD and DVD burning package. It removes the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, and auto runs. DeepBurner supports a wide range of internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers. Burn any data, copy any disc, make backups, and make ISO CDs with this very easy to handle software. Added: save as dialog for saving DBR files, width of the tree-view parts of windows is now being remembered. Improved: session selection dialog now shows all sessions without horizontal scroll bars. Fixed: horizontal scrollbars appearing in the message window when they aren't suppose to, vertical scrolling in the message window now shows the latest events last when minimizing, bug with reappearing elements in the Tools menu, disappearing font attributes in the Print Label feature, bug when CD label remained unchanged after loafing of previously saved DBR files with different CD label info.

Version 1.8 adds Simulation burning feature and ability to select a number of copies before recording a CD/DVD.

SpiderWeb

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="nanny mags, post: 2415864]thanks Michael and spider web xxxx[/quote]

awwww ... you're welcome ...

I received all these links of things and figured Essex is the King on what is good and what people use here ... :tounge2: :inlove:

druid627

Ubuntu is a good version for linux.the people at Canonical have been doing everything possible to keep it up to date,and avoid some of the pitfalls that some other flavors of Linux have{Wi-Fi being most prevalent amongst them}.....make sure you give Gimp a good working over once you get it. It works just like PSP,and you can use the tubes/frames/brushes/etc.. you have with psp there too....I'm using Fedora 8{but am fixing up a 'buntu box} and GIMP for my tags... [/COLOR]

essex boy

Super Moderator
cool,thanks,I have Ubuntu on my spare computer so don't use it at the mo,it's great for my emergency computer though as it only had windowsME before.
I still have the PSP9 on the spare computer,luckily for me it upgraded keeping everything I wanted to keep.
thanks for this link too,very helpful
TOP 300 Freeware software! winAddons.com