From My Side Of The Viewing Screen

squirt

Administrator
the waxwings were back yesterday, last time, I tried too hard to get a good pic and missed the opportunity
not this time! lol that's why they're not very good, but you get a better idea of what I saw when I turned around!

Tokentoo

Wow Cuz... That's a lot of wax wings!

I don't have them at my feeder.

I did see a flock of birds in a " V" formation the other morning at work, and just
assumed they were geese... then I realized they we bigger than geese.... then I heard them make a ( best I can describe) croaking sound. I sure pretty sure the were Cranes!! I had to google Crane sounds to verify.

Tokentoo

Critters are back to wandering into the shop at night and terrorizing the cat, and eating his food.

I made a sign to remind the other workers to put his food and water away when they go home for the night!

Tokentoo

I also would like to share a LOL @ me moment... I came up from my work area for a small break, and spotted this box in the package receiving area.

I thought one of you Jokers was sending me something...
Like I said...LOL @ me

Upon closer inspection...

Tokentoo

Now for the big news.... I got a letter in the mail today...

summons for Jury Duty Again.... 1 week or 1 trial, beginning April 4!

I had to go dig out the paper work from last time.... Wow...it was 5 years ago.... where has the time gone.

Tokentoo

Yeppers.... that was a two minute free hand quick doodle of the critter, before I flipped that light switch
off, and left for my days off.

squirt

Administrator
pretty good for a quickie! lol
makes me wonder what you could do if you weren't in a hurry! lol ♥

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4838805]the waxwings were back yesterday, last time, I tried too hard to get a good pic and missed the opportunity
not this time! lol that's why they're not very good, but you get a better idea of what I saw when I turned around!

[/QUOTE]

They had to be Bohemians! I get flocks nearly two hundreds at a time, getting drunk on the fermented crab-apples. Cedar Wax-wings don't travel in flocks much.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
these are cedar wax wings...seems they do fly in flocks and unless you are in the high elevations of the far northern parts of Canada and Alaska you are seeing cedar wax wings as bohemians are only in the areas mentioned

Last edited:

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 4850308]these are cedar wax wings...seems they do fly in flocks and unless you are in the high elevations of the far northern parts of Canada and Alaska you are seeing cedar wax wings as bohemians are only in the areas mentioned
[/QUOTE]

We have both kinds. Bohemians in the winter and Cedar in the summer. For some reason, Cedars don't flock when they're around. Bohemians, that another story. Can't remember the number I have saved after they hit our windows. Drunken little sots they are! Full of fermented crab-apple cider!

Goodgrief

You guys are going to love this! Easter eve. I looked out and what did I just see? Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny across the street! Two big jack-rabbits, grazing happily away!

The snow is gone, but they are still white. That was fun!

squirt

Administrator
awwwwwwwww ... ♥
I kept meaning to tell you that I've heard the chickadees in the last day or 2, haven't seen them, but I heard them!

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4855187]awwwwwwwww ... ♥
I kept meaning to tell you that I've heard the chickadees in the last day or 2, haven't seen them, but I heard them!
[/QUOTE]
awesome..i knew they would return to you...so now you know how they got their name...lol

squirt

Administrator
talk about the cat that ate the canary ... lol
only it was a dove and it lived to tell the tale lol
however, there is grey feathers all over the dining room lol

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4856968]talk about the cat that ate the canary ... lol
only it was a dove and it lived to tell the tale lol
however, there is grey feathers all over the dining room lol

[/QUOTE]
now that is a look of WTF just happened...i know i had it in my mouth...lmao