From My Side Of The Viewing Screen

Tokentoo

Sooo,I was reading a story a few weeks ago about gold fish in Lake Erie.
I had no idea there was gold fish in the lake. Turns out there are quite a few, and a market for them also.
Upon further reading the article I found out we have pelicans here in Michigan.
Thought I would share the photo's I snagged.

Tokentoo

I went for a walk along the river again, still trying for better Eagle pictures, and to find some moss to add to my
log planters. I didn't find either.

I did see some ducks and geese with their young ones tho

The cottonwood trees are letting the fluff off....

The wild Phlox was blooming everywhere, and the aroma just added to a very pleasant walk.

And then, as I took a few more steps forward, and looked up from the flowers...

I/we stood there for a good ten minutes watching each other!

Goodgrief

Heck! I don't even have to leave my house to see wildlife! Bunny, the jackrabbit spent 5 hours snoozing under a small bush in my front yard. Two days ago, a very pregnant doe was strolling down the street. I live in the inner part of the city. All these wonderful things are out there if you are observant and lucky enough to see them!

squirt

Administrator
I finally managed to capture that baby woodpecker, mom & dad are about twice his size

nice shot of a bluejay butt lol
and down at the bottom of the spool, you can see where a squirrel was damned determined to get at the peanuts that fell in the center hole! lol

Bamber

Super Moderator
Good stuff. I reckon birds prefer to be photographed from the rear; they think it's their "good side".

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
We saw four separate families of Canadian Geese going upriver this afternoon, then they stopped directly across the river from us on a sandy beach like they were meeting for a picnic lol

Goodgrief

They probably were having a picnic! They no longer all head back up north. I'm surprised they haven't nested yet where you are. The young ones are already out of the nest here.
As a matter of fact, one of a popular island park in Calgary is being avoided by pedestrians because of the damn pests! They attack anything that moves.

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
That's what I meant by families, there is always a parent leading, then a row of little ones followed by the other parent......always this formation lol

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4882832]Can't beat a riverside walk eh, Pat?[/QUOTE]

I do enjoy the river walk. I enjoy it more when I beat most people put there in the early morning. by 11AM, folks
are jogging, zipping by on bikes, walking the dogs, noisy children.....

Tokentoo

Here are my (candles) chestnut pictures from May 17

And after seeing Bamber's nuts, I had to go look at mine! Trees are loaded here also, but there is a big difference in the size.

the pictures are from today sorry not the best

Tokentoo

I have been tossing my change into a couple of jugs for a couple of years, and the silver coins was
full to the top... so I rolled them all up!

Anyone care to take a wild guess how much I ended up with?

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4885703]I do enjoy the river walk. I enjoy it more when I beat most people put there in the early morning. by 11AM, folks
are jogging, zipping by on bikes, walking the dogs, noisy children.....[/QUOTE]
Same here. I can never believe how little attention such people pay to the world around them. At least the dog walkers have someone who appreciates the environment.

Goodgrief

When I had my darling canine, I used to take the same trail every morning and meet up with a very good friend and her dog at the look-out point over the Bow river. I could always tell if she was there first. Why? Every morning, there was a new frail, thin, spider web across the trail. If it was broken, I knew Pauline and Ben were there!

Lately, as I was driving home, I saw two jackrabbits running in front a guy who never saw them because he was too busy texting on his cell phone. I wished they had been grizzly bears....