From My Side Of The Viewing Screen

Tokentoo

I'd say about $100[/COLOR]

The grand total was $522.30

38.00 in pennies rolled
100.00 in nickles rolled
350.00 in dimes rolled
30.00 in quarters rolled

The remaining few dollars went back into the jugs.
I'm just stashing it away in the rainy day fund.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4888285]way to go, Love! lol
[/QUOTE]
lmao...i was pretty close eh?...lol

squirt

Administrator
and then ... there were 4 lol
we have one of those claw games at the store, the ones where you move a claw around and try to grab a toy when it drops?
it's out in the lobby with the shopping carts, which is still inside the store
and this little guy made his debut out from underneath that game, and I didn't even have to pay 50 cents! lol
I was a little worried about how hubby would react, but there was no way I could leave him behind
I figure he's maybe 3 or 4 weeks old, his eyes are open but he can't quite see and it's easy to tell that walking is a relatively new thing for him
how he got in the store, I'll never know, he seems quite healthy, not a flea on him, and it doesn't look like he's missed many meals
so I let the store know that I've got him in case anyone calls looking for a lost kitten
but I don't think they will, their loss ... my gain! :kittyheart:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
awww that's the tiniest little kitten how cute!!!

I love his story I can't believe he was behind a game machine, I once found a kitten who looked very similiar to yours black and white
it was a stray hanging out by the door at my old job. I took her home and she became one of the family she had 4 white paws so I named
her Sneakers lol! She was quite the character and loved wet food almost demanded it after I added that to her diet.. She got sick later
in life but I'll never forget my little lost kitten whom like yours seemed to be there just at the right time :inlove: :hearts:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4888170]The grand total was $522.30

38.00 in pennies rolled
100.00 in nickles rolled
350.00 in dimes rolled
30.00 in quarters rolled

The remaining few dollars went back into the jugs.
I'm just stashing it away in the rainy day fund.[/QUOTE]

Bravo :bravo: for rolling that all up, I take mine to the Coin Star machine in the grocery store it counts it all up and it only costs $1.50 service charge

Goodgrief

If you take your coins to your own bank, there should be no charge. Most banks have the same machines.

squirt

Administrator
from inside, it looks like the house is surrounded by cop cars lol

here's Jack with Pei Wei ... she could be his mother ... 'cept for the fact she hates his guts lol :hide:

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4911959]from inside, it looks like the house is surrounded by cop cars lol

here's Jack with Pei Wei ... she could be his mother ... 'cept for the fact she hates his guts lol :hide:

[/QUOTE]
lmao..i bet it keeps the cats busy eh?...lmao

Pei Wei will get use to Jack eventually...lmao

squirt

Administrator
mostly he just gets swatted and hissed at by the girls, but I can see the day when he terrorizes them lol
Ricochet is the complete opposite, they're becoming buddies, and when Ricochet has had enough of his ears being bitten, he asks to be let out lol

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4911995]mostly he just gets swatted and hissed at by the girls, but I can see the day when he terrorizes them lol
Ricochet is the complete opposite, they're becoming buddies, and when Ricochet has had enough of his ears being bitten, he asks to be let out lol
[/QUOTE]
you took the words right out of my mouth...lmao
when he gets older they will be happy he is around
:imadevil:

Tokentoo

It's just a bit of arthritis on his left knee they said...and possible torn ligament

Here is some pain medication for him, refillable as needed they said

If he shows no improvement bring him back in....

Today I took my little work buddy to my/his regular vet...with the x-rays from the other place
the Vet asked how long ago was this x-ray taken.... because there is a serious problem
The little fella had a golf ball size lump in his hip joint... a rare type of cancer.

On a pain scale of one to ten, she said he was in a nine area, and nothing they can do.

Today I had to put my little buddy down.

The Raccoon will bother you no more

Rest In peace

Yesterday photo as I was ready to leave for the day

Last edited:

Tokentoo

I'm sorry, forgive me... I had to leave for a bit and collect myself.
What I had to do today ranks right up there with a few of the hardest things I ever had to do.

I should give a little more detail in this story.
Carlos is not my cat. I am however his human of choice. He for some reason gravitated to me a little more than
13 years ago, when the owner brought him into our work place. Every since then, I took him to vet appointments, bought his food, cut his nails,gone into work to care for him mornings, and evenings when the shop was closed for Holidays or what not.... you get the idea.

During one of my days off, someone noticed Carlos limping. One of the managers thought maybe he had tangled with a raccoon, and took him to a vet close to work, to find out what was wrong. No bites or puncture wounds
found, so they sedated him, and gave him an x-ray. It was reported to me he was almost feral acting with that vet. After a week had past, they had me take him back there, hoping he would behave better with me with him.

That staff was terrified of him, and said we will put a rope around his neck like last time.
I told them no, I would hold him, and to look him over again. There is something wrong with his hip I said.

They went and pulled the x-ray, and then told me that they see some arthritis on his knee. that is all the x-ray shows. They wouldn't even touch his hip. gave me the pain medicine, and sent me on my way.

Today, I said I don't care what that vet said, I don't care if the boss does not want to pay more money, I will pay for it, and well now you have the rest of the story... mostly

After seeing his regular vet, I called back to the shop to tell them what was going to happen, and I guess most everyone was on board with not letting him suffer any more.When I got back to work, they had a hole dug on the property where Carlos liked to hang out, when he was outside, I put him in his soft cushy bed, and stood back while those that wanted to say good bye did so.

My Vet is a wonderful person.... It might be a 45 minute drive out in the country to see her, but she knows her stuff, has compassion for the pet and the owners, and I was not charged at all for what they did today!

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast

i am so sorry Tokentoo for your loss..i know what it is like to deal with a piss poor vet
i would act feral too if someone tried to put a rope around my neck
i lost a dog to the incompetency of a so called vet...you were lucky you were given your friend back to
have a proper goodbye..i wasnt given that opportunity..i wont burden you any further with details

again my deepest condolences

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
it's amazing how we can love an animal we've never seen or touched
I fear that day may come with Ricochet
but Carlos got to live knowing somebody cared, too many animals don't get that
I'm so sorry for your loss, Cuz! :zebrahug:

:sendinglove: