From My Side Of The Viewing Screen

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4927792]It's always hard losing an animal friend. You have my sympathy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Bamber, I don't know if you remember or not but I was posting pictures of my little buddy
back at the other place. I've spent quite a few hours today, looking back through a lot of the pictures I have of him!

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4927880]I very sad to hear you lost your dear friend. [/QUOTE]

It's going to be odd when I return to work, and no constant companion tagging along, or having a nap on my work bench.

Last edited:

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 4928008]

i am so sorry Tokentoo for your loss..i know what it is like to deal with a piss poor vet
i would act feral too if someone tried to put a rope around my neck
i lost a dog to the incompetency of a so called vet...you were lucky you were given your friend back to
have a proper goodbye..i wasnt given that opportunity..i wont burden you any further with details

again my deepest condolences[/QUOTE]

Thanks RK. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like for you.
I still am having a hard time wrapping my head around that Vet.

You can clearly see that lump in the above picture, and this one.

Tokentoo

it's amazing how we can love an animal we've never seen or touched
I fear that day may come with Ricochet
but Carlos got to live knowing somebody cared, too many animals don't get that
I'm so sorry for your loss, Cuz! :zebrahug:[/COLOR]
:sendinglove:
Well bugger, now you've gone and made my screen go all blurry Cuz!
I've got to tell you I had anticipated the possibility of them putting him down, and made it quite clear at work
that I wouldn't allow him to suffer, if it was going to be the humane thing to do. There were a few, who thought I should bring him back for some kind of " bucket list", and then go have it done.

I told them I wasn't going to let him go out on his own either, if it came to that.
After her exam, he curled up on my arm with his little front legs crossed, and draped over the arm,
and the vet came back in in a couple of minutes with a needle. She said he's not going to feel a thing, and he will be completely sedated in about five minutes. Small poke, and she left the room.

It only took about 3 minutes for his little head to slowly come to rest on my arm, and he was out.
after a few more minutes she came back with the second needle, and stethoscope, listened to his heart for a minute, and gave the second shot, and continued to listen.

It was a very peaceful passing.

I hope that IF you have to make that call, it goes as well.

One small bit of advice, take someone with you. It's hard driving back when your windshield goes all blurry.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4928297]Thanks RK. I can't begin to imagine what that must have been like for you.
I still am having a hard time wrapping my head around that Vet.

You can clearly see that lump in the above picture, and this one.

[/QUOTE]
OMG..it is as plain as the nose on my face that there is definitely an issue with the hip
someone should file a formal complaint to the veterinary board about that quack
even though there was nothing that could have been done to save carlos...he never received the proper care from idiot
just my opinion

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4928352]I know... how could they not see it?

crap. I've gone all tears again[/QUOTE]

sorry for making your screen go blurry again..but let it out....carlos is worth every tear you shed for him
i will leave you to grieve

Goodgrief

It's easy to fall in love with animals. They don't care about your status, they don't care about what you look like. Most of the time, they will choose you as a friend and that friendship will last for a life-time. They drill a hole in your heart right from the start and crawl in it.

I think I mentioned Meowser a few weeks/months ago. I haven't seen her in a long time. I hope she's been grabbed by someone who loved her as much as I did and she is now being kept safe of outside dangers. I would have done that if I weren't allergic to cats.

20 years have gone by since I had to take my sweet canine to his final visit to the vet. I still miss him every day.

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 4928360]
sorry for making your screen go blurry again..but let it out....carlos is worth every tear you shed for him
i will leave you to grieve

[/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry RK, you all are not causing my tears.

It's all coming from guilt.
The guilt I'm feeling for taking the word of that Vet, and not taking him to my Vet sooner,
The guilt I'm feeling about the medication dosing... he was suppose to get two doses a day, and he was only getting one, cut back to one half, because it did what it was suppose to do... knock him out, so he could rest/relax/pain management....BUT it took at least 9 hours for a full dose to wear off, and he wasn't eating or drinking, and then it was time to close the shop and go home, and we had to put the food and water away because of the Raccoon, and because we couldn't dose him for the evening, and leave him knocked out
while the Raccoon was terrorizing the place at night. The half dose worked much better, and allowed him to still function and get something to eat and drink.

The guilt for not being able to bring him home in the evenings, I have 3 cats here who didn't mind him,
but he was not at ease with them, and he was already miserable.

There's more I feel guilty about, but.....

Anyway thanks to all for listening to me vent, and for your kind words!

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4928650]Don't be sorry RK, you all are not causing my tears.

It's all coming from guilt.
The guilt I'm feeling for taking the word of that Vet, and not taking him to my Vet sooner,
The guilt I'm feeling about the medication dosing... he was suppose to get two doses a day, and he was only getting one, cut back to one half, because it did what it was suppose to do... knock him out, so he could rest/relax/pain management....BUT it took at least 9 hours for a full dose to wear off, and he wasn't eating or drinking, and then it was time to close the shop and go home, and we had to put the food and water away because of the Raccoon, and because we couldn't dose him for the evening, and leave him knocked out
while the Raccoon was terrorizing the place at night. The half dose worked much better, and allowed him to still function and get something to eat and drink.

The guilt for not being able to bring him home in the evenings, I have 3 cats here who didn't mind him,
but he was not at ease with them, and he was already miserable.

There's more I feel guilty about, but.....

Anyway thanks to all for listening to me vent, and for your kind words![/QUOTE]

i can tell you not to feel guilty but that would be blowing smoke up your arse..i wont do that..but i will say this...i know what you are going through...
like i said earlier i lost a dog because i trusted in a so called vet

this dog was just 6 months old his name was Yukon..he was a black wolf hybrid and had the most gorgeous gold eyes
anyway..i noticed he wasnt eating or drinking..i took him to the local vet and he was kept over night
he gave him IV fluids and called me the next day that i could pick Yukon up..when i got there i was told he was just dehydrated and along with water feed Yukon baby food...so i did..Yukon wasnt home 12 hours when i noticed the same symptoms so i took him back to the vet
again i had to leave him over night..the next morning i get a call from the vet saying that x-rays show that Yukon needs an operation on hid intestines that there is a blockage..i said whatever it takes do it..i said goodbye to Yukon and reassured him everything would be alright..4 hours later i get a call from the vet saying that Yukon had passed away from complications..so a said ok i will be right there to get him so i could do a proper burial
the vet then told me that he was already cremated and that i owed him $2500...i said ok iwill be right there to pay you
when i got there i asked what had happened to Yukon and why wasnt he returned to me ..i was then told that his intestines were like hamburg and that someone had poisoned him..i asked why werent x-rays taken when i first brought him to you and why didnt the x-rays show how bad he was
i never got any answers..i paid the bill and filed a complaint with the vet board..he no longer has a license to practice..i lost Youkon..but prevented other going through what i did..and yes i was overwhelmed with guilt...it is also part of the grieving process
take care of you

Tokentoo

Your Youkon sounded like a unique animal, with an equally unique name. I'm sorry, for what happened, but glad you shared. did you ever find out about the poisoning?

Tokentoo

[video=youtube;vNqr-1YIO0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqr-1YIO0o[/video]

:hiding:

I'm thinking all that change I rolled up and put away for a rainy day, will go for a snowblower this winter!

Tokentoo

They have been doing a major tree trimming job here along all the power lines for a few months now.
I wonder if there is a connection?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4928967]Your Youkon sounded like a unique animal, with an equally unique name. I'm sorry, for what happened, but glad you shared. did you ever find out about the poisoning?[/QUOTE]
sorry that was a misspelling of his name..i do that sometimes...lol..his name was Yukon ..like the Canadian territory..lol
my son named him...lol
unfortunately i never did find out who poisoned him...but it was anti-freeze that was used to poison him
he was an outside dog as all my dogs were...so it had to have happened while i was at work and no one at home or at night when we were all asleep
a true hybrid can not bark..only howl..and i or anyone heard a thing

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4928969][video=youtube;vNqr-1YIO0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqr-1YIO0o[/video]

:hiding:

I'm thinking all that change I rolled up and put away for a rainy day, will go for a snowblower this winter![/QUOTE]

it would be a good investment for sure...i bought a used one a few years back as shoveling snow is getting to be impossible for me
paid $100 an it paid for itself that first winter i owned it...lmao

this winter is supposed to be a normal northern ontario winter..cold and lots of snow

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
That is so cute Squirty,,, didn't damage the tree like I thought he would when he first got up there, but give him time,, :rofl: