Getting a Server error

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
Getting server errors using chrome and explorer.I can get into the forum but that's it.Can't load any pages.
Hope this works lol ♥

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, you've managed to post this thread. Haven't heard of any problems from anyone else, so it looks like the problem may be at your end.

Sorry I can't be any more help. Don't really know what to suggest apart from the usual: clear cookies, run all the scans you can, try again.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I started getting duplicate posts.. then a white screen.. I rebooted comp.. then I came back and worked again fine, then it started with the duplicate
posts..white screen again, cleared cookies and history and working again now but for how long I have no idea :sad:

Tokentoo

There was something going on...
I was here ( not logged in) reading Peters Lion story in debate..
then I went to another thread and nothing would load.
I could see konis club okay
I could see who's on line
I could see manzy was posting, just couldn't open thread pages
I logged in and see all good now :noidea:

Bamber

Super Moderator
How very odd. I've been in and out all day and nary a problem. I just hope you all get sorted out OK.

About 15 minutes ago I also got the white/blank pages....
I could see profiles,.....who is online.....about everything except go into threads....
Cleared cookies....rebooted the computer.....and so far *knocking on wood*,.....all seem to be ok again...

squirt

Administrator
I haven't had a single issue, there are advantages to sleeping late lol :lookaroun
now, I've had this theory for awhile, and bear in mind that it's just a theory, but I think that Wojjie has the forums/uploader on an alarm of some sort that notifies him when there's an issue here, and he comes and fixes it, could just be wishful thinking, but there's been quite a few things that have happened here that have just righted themselves!

When I first came on to the site I got a white screen too, in a separate tab using Firefox. I went back to the previous page and which was still fine. After a little while I thought I'd try to open a new page again and everything was back to normal.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, it just hit me too; accessed a thread from e-mail and white screen. Cancelled internet sessions and ran C-Cleaner, which took about 5 times longer than normal to run, now things appear OK. It is possible it has to do with the latest windows update (now Microsoft have released Windows 10 I wouldn't put it past 'em to have fucked up Windows 7/8).

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4729541]Well, it just hit me too; accessed a thread from e-mail and white screen. Cancelled internet sessions and ran C-Cleaner, which took about 5 times longer than normal to run, now things appear OK. It is possible it has to do with the latest windows update (now Microsoft have released Windows 10 I wouldn't put it past 'em to have fucked up Windows 7/8).[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of that I run Windows 7... last night was the last night you could save Windows 10 FREE to install when its ready.. I bet they are changing to 10 and if thats the case I'll be uncompatible with the Roo.. I wonder if PSP will be F*&ED up as well with Windows 10, maybe those with Windows 8 are able to still see the threads, I'm in here now because its been intermittent.. If this is all true it was nice knowing ya'll :sob:

squirt

Administrator
there's nobody upgrading the Roo, but I do remember, when I was still on my other computer, that they said with updates for Windows 7 no longer being produced, it would gradually quit working
I just got "lucky" and my computer quit first lol

hang in there sunshine, you're a lover who knows how to be a fighter! lol :boxing:

:blow:

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
I haven't had any problems, and I am running on XP (I do have a newer machine with Win 7, but too many of my things don't work on that, especially my colour laser printer).

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4729547]there's nobody upgrading the Roo, but I do remember, when I was still on my other computer, that they said with updates for Windows 7 no longer being produced, it would gradually quit working
I just got "lucky" and my computer quit first lol

hang in there sunshine, you're a lover who knows how to be a fighter! lol :boxing:

:blow:
[/QUOTE]

Well I tried with my Surface which has Win 8 but it only has IE so it wouldn't even let me type (thats why I changed to Firefox ages ago because it doesn't like my IE here) but it did let me in this thread

I'm on my laptop with WinXP (thanks Jeff) gave me an idea to try that.. the old WinXP works but not Win 7 that just doesn't make sense
but alas I think I figured out the problem.. So unless things change I'll have to use my laptop,it doesn't even work on the Roo with my
IPAD even checked my phone and nada..

that's my take anyway how long XP works is anyones guess.. I'm off TTYL been to frustrating to see white pages all day

Tokentoo

I'm running XP
Have been for what Koni calls Yonks
Using Chrome
The only thing I did, before I logged on was cleared history
no resart, no scans... I did check to see if I had ant trouble with Yahoo Etc. and no problems

Goodgrief

Had that happening to me all day. In, then white screen when trying to read forums. Tried switching from Firefox to Windows, same results. It's intermittent.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Had to clear cookies again this morning to get rid of the white screen. Working OK so far.

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4729541]Well, it just hit me too; accessed a thread from e-mail and white screen. Cancelled internet sessions and ran C-Cleaner, which took about 5 times longer than normal to run, now things appear OK. It is possible it has to do with the latest windows update (now Microsoft have released Windows 10 I wouldn't put it past 'em to have fucked up Windows 7/8).[/QUOTE]

Might be.....
But then why is it only happening here on the Roo ......and nowhere else on the internet?

Bamber

Super Moderator
Dunno, but I got in to work this morning and couldn't access any forum threads even though I cleared cookies.

As an experiment, I went back to a restore point 3 Window upgrades ago, on 21 July. I now cannot use Chrome (on IE at the moment) but have full access here. I'm going to try a reinstall of Chrome and see what happens (good job it's quiet at work at the moment).

Hmmm; something odd going on here. Keystrokes here (on the Roo) are going missing and when I do a select all (ctrl+a) in this quick reply box the data is flickering.

I think the servers need rebooting, but with no admin, that ain't gonna happen, is it?