Getting a Server error

Bamber

Super Moderator
Running CCleaner to clear cookies didn't do the job on my home laptop this morning, so I did the same as I did yesterday at work: system restore to 21 July, turn off automatic Windows updates, reinstall Chrome. Problem (apparently) solved.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Got to work, booted up, accessed Jokeroo: NO problems. I assume (for now) that going back a couple of updates has stopped the problem for me.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro at work and Windows 7 Home Premium at home. I use Chrome and in both cases had to reinstall it. I have also turned off automatic Windows update and am manually checking for updates, and NOT installing system updates: the system works, so I'll stick to security updates only for now.

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
I lost it at around 3 pm my time, and had the problem all evening. I played around with different browser, Ccleaner and clean reboot to no avail. My latest restore point was 15 June, so I didn't bother restoring (I do Windows updates manually, and the only thing I have had in ages is malicious software removal tool). It is working fine again this morning.

When we have problems here, there is always Roosted Nuts! I am not optimistic about this curious bug getting fixed in the near future, if at all. Bamber and Kipper setting up Roosted Nuts was timely!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I've been doing some research about the white blank pages - I did find a forum and someone from admin said its not a blank white page its an overlap from another page creating a server error, if I use IE when the page goes white it does say server error, when I use FF its just blank, I don't think its any of our computers, windows, or browsers because we all have different windows from Win 7, 8 Vista and XP I'm pretty sure it's on Jokeroo's end and if that's the case we can only hope someone replies to Squirts email.. That's my take so far

Bamber

Super Moderator
With no administrators it was/is bound to happen sooner or later. I would suggest if anyone has anything on here they'd REALLY like to keep, they download it to their PC while they can.

The Domain name registration was going to expire any day soon anyway......unless someone updates it........
The million dollar question is........WHO?
:thinking:

squirt

Administrator
it hit me a couple of hours after I emailed Wojjie yesterday afternoon
sent the email to Chris last night
was shutting down for bed and found a reply from Wojjie in my emails

he said: Still having issues?
We had some hiccups yesterday.

I answered and told him it's getting worse and worse, so hopefully he's looking into it :pray:

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4730140]it hit me a couple of hours after I emailed Wojjie yesterday afternoon
sent the email to Chris last night
was shutting down for bed and found a reply from Wojjie in my emails

he said: Still having issues?
We had some hiccups yesterday.

I answered and told him it's getting worse and worse, so hopefully he's looking into it :pray:
[/QUOTE]

They had some hiccups??
In other words the forum is still part of Jokeroo?
:thinking:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I think the JMG link at the bottom of the page going to the website for Journal Media Group simply means they sold 'em the URL.

lol....that is what I meant......

If they/we had some hiccups.....it means that we are still part of Jokeroo on the same server.....but we are sold as a "community" to JMG!!
And JMG probably can't remember that they own the forum....

Bamber

Super Moderator
Like I said, I don't think they own Jokeroo. I think Jolted sold 'em the JMG URL and didn't bother changing the page footer here.

squirt

Administrator
that's the million dollar question, ain't it? lol
we've been on our own for nearly a year now, I told Chris nobody's come forward to claim us lol :balloon:

Goodgrief

I had a white screen twice this morning. Obviously, it's working now. But the big question is: "Does Jokeroo know that we still exist?"

squirt

Administrator
I just got white screened, and it hit Laila earlier this evening
shot another email off to Wojjie to let him know it's still happening
I haven't gotten an answer from Chris, but if Wojjie is answering me, somebody does? lol
I find that if I go do something else for a minute, and come back here, I can open threads *for a few minutes*, not like last night where I had to run C-Cleaner every minute or 3 just to post

Goodgrief

Cleaners, etc, won't solve the problem. I have many other sites I use and all is fine. It's with the Jokeroo network. I hope someone gets the messages.