Getting a Server error

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
So do I! It has been off and on every few hours for me, for over 48 hours. That isn't a hiccup...it's a meltdown.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Strangely enough, I've had no problems on either machine since I went back to an earlier restore point and turned off Windows updates. I have to be careful when I run some cleanup programs, as they can turn Windows updates back on, but apart from that about 36 hours without a problem so far.

:thinking:..........:hmm:

:meme:

I have another question.....
So far *still knocking my wood*...."Damn my knuckles start to hurt"........the whites pages haven't bugged me too much anymore......every now and then it happens for a minute or 2.....and then it's ok....
A few minutes ago I got the message that there was a server problem on the site that I tried to visit....(A thread on the Roo...)
Duh.....:groan1: we figured that out already.....
BUT,........(yes you all know me :huh: )..........if there is a server problem,..... which there is......and the forum and the home page are on the same server.....then how come that when I get the white pages......I can still visit and watch the videos on the front page just fine? :huh:
With no hiccups, glitches or any other annoying things?
:waiting:

Inquiry minds want to know.....:huh:

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Sorry, LMP; nobody seems to have an answer for your question. Others have said that when they couldn't get into the forum threads they could still get into Koni's clubhouse. I would expect both of those to be on the same server.

I haven't had any problems so far today, so maybe (just maybe), Wojjie has managed to wave his magic wand (aka pressing the reboot button) so things will be better from now on.

Don't hold your breath! There is always Roosted Nuts for the times when the Roo is giving problems.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Odd. Geoff's not had any problems today, I've just had a white screen for the first time in over 40 hours.

brilor

Jokeroo Legend
Sometimes I have to refresh and sometimes that works. I can get a few posts done and then zilch.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
??? Could it be a crowd control thing when only a certain number are admitted at one time? Okay...I know that idea is daft, but so is what is happening!

Tokentoo

Seems no rhyme or reason as to when or whom it hits.

Like Manzy said, I don't think it's any of our machines. We are all running something different, trying different
things, and are still affected at random. I could see posts this morning just before going to work, @ 7 am
Got home after 6 pm, and white screen until a short time ago 10:30 pm(ish).

squirt

Administrator
every time I think it might be fixed, it happens again lol :hairpull:

squirt

Administrator
and for an encore, we're expected to have our own database early this week! lol :bigsmile:
:heehee:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I`m glad it`s fixed i had visions of having to go to that other site and i do prefer this one.:clap:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4731226]Wojjie says it's fixed now, anyone still having issues? :hide:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4731287]and for an encore, we're expected to have our own database early this week! lol :bigsmile:
:heehee:
[/QUOTE]

Music to my ears (cheer) THANK YOU for contacting them :iheartyou:

squirt

Administrator
they're going to set us up as an independent message board, which will open up registrations! :wohoo:

all glory to God, thanks to Chris and Wojjie! :bravo:

I love you too!!! :blow:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4731289]I`m glad it`s fixed i had visions of having to go to that other site and i do prefer this one.:clap:[/QUOTE]

ungrateful twat!

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4731363]they're going to set us up as an independent message board, which will open up registrations! :wohoo:

all glory to God, thanks to Chris and Wojjie! :bravo:

I love you too!!! :blow:
[/QUOTE]

Good news....

But wasn't the forum supposed to be under new ownership?
:huh:

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Certainly is good news ~ although it would be a shame not to pop in to the 'other' place as well ~ given the work that's been done to get it up and running ~ easier said than done I know, as my time is limited enough for just one forum ~ still one can try.