Getting old

Vinnie

There are certain "events" in your life that tell you that you're getting on a bit: when the hairdresser offers to trim your eyebrows. The first grey hairs on your head, or down below...

Had another one this week at the opticians...varifocals time!

squirt

Administrator
I went to Ross yesterday to get a pair of shoes and some black pants and the cashier there asked me if I was 65 or older? lol :nono:
(seniors get discounts apparently lol)

Goodgrief

Every time I go grocery shopping, they ask if I need assistance taking the stuff to my car. Nice of them to offer, but I'm not quite there yet.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 4105102]There are certain "events" in your life that tell you that you're getting on a bit: when the hairdresser offers to trim your eyebrows. The first grey hairs on your head, or down below...

Had another one this week at the opticians...varifocals time![/QUOTE]
Hairdresser: wait until they automatically trim the hair in your ears.
Opticians: I opted for two pairs rather than varifocals.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I knew when I had to have tryfocals and still have to use a magifiy glass to read the T.V. guide or phone book.

Oh and I was ordering off the seniors meu's at Denny's when I was 45.

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4105107]I went to Ross yesterday to get a pair of shoes and some black pants and the cashier there asked me if I was 65 or older? lol :nono:
(seniors get discounts apparently lol)
[/QUOTE]

Is the cashier still alive or in good health? :huh:

squirt

Administrator
she's ok lol she was only tryin' to do me a favor lol I did check for grey hair when I got home, though lol :scratch:

kipper

Super Moderator
I found my first grey pubic hairs today,they were in a burger...

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4110610]chef special? lol :sick:[/QUOTE]

Well I used it as organic dental floss so it never went to waste...:heehee:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 4110613]getting old is" when I just wrote Squirt a pm and i dont remember what i said[/QUOTE]

Next week peter...:loony:

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 4110613]getting old is" when I just wrote Squirt a pm and i dont remember what i said[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a beer issue lol :beercheer:

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4110614]Well I used it as organic dental floss so it never went to waste...:heehee:[/QUOTE]

waste not, want not lol :hide:

!Keta

...or,
upload a picture to post to a thread,... look for the thread,... forget what thread you were looking for, and forget what picture you uploaded. LOL
(thank you Squirt for letting me know about the "view picture" option)
...see what picture you uploaded,,, start looking for the thread again. :hehehaha:

squirt

Administrator
been there done that, that's how I knew that lol :blush:
:high5:
yvw! lol :bow:

Goodgrief

Sigh....
Get up in the morning. Go to the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee. Put some sugar in it, think about getting the paper out of the mail box. Start the computer, where's my coffee? Back in the kitchen, grab the coffee, but dang! Didn't put milk in it. Go back to the kitchen, notice that I still have to get the paper, do that, grab the coffee mug, go back to my den. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Still haven't put the milk in there....

And to think that not so many years ago, I'd be at work at 07:15 and by 08:00 I'd have the payroll done for 125 employees....

But there's a saving grace! I don't drink as much coffee as I used to!

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Yesterday I was in the supermarket getting our stuff ~ and having turned into an aisle there was a very attractive young lady, who had dropped things onto the floor ~ so went over and helped her collect all the items. having done that ~ I just asked if she was in a hurry for a 'photo shoot' and she said why ~ and I said, 'because you are really good looking, and can't believe that some agency hasn't signed you up ~ I use to photograph lovely ladies, and you would certainly be in my top ten'. Oh thank you she said ~ and I walked off. Having forgotten something in that aisle, I went back in time to hear her tell her friend ~ "and guess what, this lovely old man said I should be a model"

Reckon the old chat up lines don't work any more.........DOH

Bamber

Super Moderator
A little while before he died the writer and satirist Alan Coren did a radio program taking trips on public transport around London as a pensioner.

On one program he mentioned to a waitress how good looking she was. He then said that one of the joys of growing older was to be able to say something like that to a young lady and see her delight, rather than if he were a younger man have her react differently thinking he was hitting on her.