Guess this fucks me up.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="bbell, post: 4379984]The offence is that Vinnie introduced a well written and reasoned article into a debate thread. There you go again ticking off the BSC crowd.[/QUOTE]

If I knew what the BSC crowd was I might respond.

Tsalagi

US Department of Agriculture[/URL] lists twenty-nine states with laws mentioning cannabis. Eight are listed with "sale of poisons" laws that specifically mention cannabis: North Carolina, Ohio, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Vermont, Maine, Montana, and the District of Columbia.<no citation> Among those that required a prescription for sale were Wisconsin and Louisiana. Several "sale of poison" laws did not specify restricted drugs, including in Indiana, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Nebraska, Kentucky, Mississippi, and New York. Many states did not consider cannabis a "poison" but required it be labeled.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
In New York, the original law did enumerate cannabis, and was passed in (or even as far back as)1860 following a string of suicides allegedly involving the substances later categorized as poisons. The first draft of the bill 'An act to regulate the sale of poisons' prohibited the sale of cannabis — as with the other substances — without the written order of a physician. The final bill as passed allowed the sale without a prescription so long as the purpose to which it was issued and name and address of the buyer was recorded, and in addition, all packaging of such substances — whether sold with a prescription or not — had to have the label "poison" on them in uppercase red letters. In 1862, the section which enumerated the substances was repealed with an amendatory act, though cannabis was still required to be labeled.
In some states where poison laws excluded cannabis, there were nonetheless attempts to include it. A bill introduced in 1880 in the California state legislature was titled 'An act to regulate the sale of opium and other narcotic poisons' and would have prohibited anyone to keep, sell, furnish, or give away any "preparations or mixtures made or prepared from opium, hemp, or other narcotic drugs" without a doctor's prescription at a licensed store. That bill was withdrawn in favor of one specifically aimed at opium, though further bills including hemp-based drugs were introduced in 1885 and in 1889.

Respectfully,

T

Goodgrief

ANY substance which alters a normal state of mind IS a drug.
Alcohol, cannabis, opium or ANY of its derivative (morphine, codeine, etc) will have an impact on one's ability to think clearly.
Why the hell do you think that people who are involved in the construction of major industrial plants are screened randomly for substances?
Nobody wants a "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so high I don't give a crap about the safety codes" attitude.
Much less: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiit, man! I lost my mind when the cat died!"

The last thing I want to see is some weak-minded idiot being issued a gun license.
But it doesn't really matter what I think. Devious minds find devious ways of acquiring what they need to do devious acts.

Tokentoo

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4379236]Sweets...I have to admit that I am still not convinced. But I would be a fool to dismiss it because there is no "proof". Trust me, if it IS true...the government is going to have an excellent cover story. It wouldn't be the first time things were done behind closed doors, and it won't be the last.

For the rest of you... You can believe or disbelieve, but to call someone bat shit crazy because you do NOT agree, just makes YOU look small. Too many times folks (in this section) seem to think they are the only ones entitled to an opinion. There are ways (as some have shown) to offer a rebuttal without a bunch of demeaning remarks. I guess no forum rules have been broken...but even if the remarks are "legal", they are not very nice.
[/QUOTE]

Hi MT....Happy New Year!
Who got called bat shit crazy? I must have missed it, or it was deleted.

As to the opinion part...if some posters would state it is their opinion ( see new debate rules ), and not presenting
something as fact, would ease some of this back and forth banter.
In this thread alone, I saw a post submitted as a except this as fact, followed by a comment of disbelief,
followed by a comment of trying to bait someone into something, and do some research of your own, followed
by someones research, followed by a "you're wrong" comment.... but still no link(s) to their own info.

I am of the opinion, you've hit the nail on the head with " Too many times folks (in this section) seem to think they are the only ones entitled to an opinion." And a perfect example is the first 8 words in post #46!

Flynn

[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 4380317]
I am of the opinion, you've hit the nail on the head with " Too many times folks (in this section) seem to think they are the only ones entitled to an opinion." And a perfect example is the first 8 words in post #46![/QUOTE]

Yes but it is always someone else's fault.

Since that member has graced us with their presence once again it has been a continual barrage of........I'm right, so you must be wrong.

Calling someone a doctor because they have an opinion within the health and medical system is supposed to be a disparaging remark.......for me, it's a compliment.

Flynn

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4380289]ANY substance which alters a normal state of mind IS a drug.
Alcohol, cannabis, opium or ANY of its derivative (morphine, codeine, etc) will have an impact on one's ability to think clearly.
Why the hell do you think that people who are involved in the construction of major industrial plants are screened randomly for substances?
Nobody wants a "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so high I don't give a crap about the safety codes" attitude.
Much less: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiit, man! I lost my mind when the cat died!"

The last thing I want to see is some weak-minded idiot being issued a gun license.
But it doesn't really matter what I think. Devious minds find devious ways of acquiring what they need to do devious acts.
[/QUOTE]

Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Flynn

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4379987]If I knew what the BSC crowd was I might respond.[/QUOTE]

I read what Vinnie posted, he did the research, he produced information that apparently debunks the whole jail car story and you treated it as a joke.

It's a serious topic, alcohol, marijuana and prescription drugs is a recipe for disaster.

Flynn

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4379730]Flynn, you find a lot of stuff difficult to believe, but that doesn't mean it isn't so. Seriously, check with your wife. As I said, stress can make it jump up, but then it falls again. (An example is "white coat syndrome" that many people have.) That is NOT considered dangerous and while it may be "monitored", it is not treated.) My hypertension is very different. Trust me, if I could lay THAT at my ex's door along with everything else, I'd be very happy to do it![/QUOTE]

I don't need to check with my wife I know what her answer would be.

A law been passed to prohibit people on certain medications from obtaining a gun licence ?

Response.......Change the law, don't break the law.

President Obama is not in office for the rest of his life, he has a couple of years left in office. When you legally vote him out of office, petition the government of the day to change the law.

Alternatively, rise up against the present government in the form of a revolution and start shooting the people who you don't agree with.

Vinnie

[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4380346]I read what Vinnie posted, he did the research, he produced information that apparently debunks the whole jail car story and you treated it as a joke.

It's a serious topic, alcohol, marijuana and prescription drugs is a recipe for disaster.

[/QUOTE]

Don't think that's entirely fair. Kipper couldn't really respond until someone who disagreed with my opinion responded. I don't think kip believes these "prison cars" exist either thus the reference to the BSC.

Flynn

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4379932]I think you need to have a lie down Vin....[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 4380355]Don't think that's entirely fair. Kipper couldn't really respond until someone who disagreed with my opinion responded. I don't think kip believes these "prison cars" exist either thus the reference to the BSC.[/QUOTE]

I apologize to you and Kipper, I thought he was taking the piss out of you for doing some research.

Before Vinnie edited his post there was a lot of things that shouldn't have been there....it didnt make any sense.......hence my remark to ask what he has been smoking!!

Vinnie

I'd found the article on my phone and selected all thinking I could easily edit it once posted. this was not the case and I had to get the iPad to remove extraneous parts.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Flynn, post: 4380347]
I don't need to check with my wife I know what her answer would be.

A law been passed to prohibit people on certain medications from obtaining a gun licence ?

Response.......Change the law, don't break the law.

President Obama is not in office for the rest of his life, he has a couple of years left in office. When you legally vote him out of office, petition the government of the day to change the law.

Alternatively, rise up against the present government in the form of a revolution and start shooting the people who you don't agree with.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with this completely...my objection was to posts #68 and #73 where you made a blanket statement about prescription drugs, including those for hypertension. There are many prescription drugs out there that are NOT mind-altering ones. I also agree about mixing differing drugs, but that seems to fall under common sense rather than legislation. (I have a feeling we agree on many topics...but disagree with the way things are said.)

Flynn

A lot happens over 4 years to change a persons habits. I still don't believe in prohibition of recreational drugs because all that does is create a criminal element.

I read the old thread and the most startling personal anecdote wasn't anything I said, it came from Steve who openly stated he did 6 months in prison for methamphetamine use.

Steve neglected to tell us earlier on this thread that he not only had a criminal record for possession of marijuana but he is an ex-convict. What a pillar of society he is and his friends see no reason as to why he should not keep a gun.

Steve probably needs a gun to protect himself during his amphetamine deals.

Flynn

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4380395]I agree with this completely...my objection was to posts #68 and #73 where you made a blanket statement about prescription drugs, including those for hypertension. There are many prescription drugs out there that are NOT mind-altering ones. I also agree about mixing differing drugs, but that seems to fall under common sense rather than legislation. (I have a feeling we agree on many topics...but disagree with the way things are said.)[/QUOTE]

Common sense also tells us that marijuana is a drug yet MsDiablo50 made a blanket statement that marijuana is not a drug.

Best you also reply to her posts and let her know the truth.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Cannot get more clearer then this Home Land Security using buss's to pick up the people up in remote places where the trains don't run to be transported to the trains and later to be taken to the secret prisons all through out the U.S.A. Kinda sounds like what Hilter did. [/COLOR]
[jimg]qbi8/z3/a/Z/R/e/a.baa-U.S.A.-HLS-PRISON-BUSS.jpg[/jimg]​
So if you have any guns make sure you bury them deep like many of the Australians did.

Tsalagi

Here is the truth about that fancy bus!

For President Obama’s latest three-day tour of the Midwest, the Secret Service will be using two new armored buses to provide better security; in the past, the Secret Service would lease buses when they needed them and then customize them with security and <nobr>communications</nobr> equipment, but officials say these measures were often inadequate

In the past, the Secret Service would lease buses when they needed them and then customize them with security and communications equipment, but officials say these measures were often inadequate. A Secret Service official speaking anonymously to CBS News, said, “We have not been satisfied with the level of protection offered by leased buses.”For President Obama’s latest three-day tour of the Midwest, the Secret Service will be
using two new armored buses to provide better security.

The buses cost over $1 million each and were purchased based on the Secret Service’s needs for size, equipment, and protective requirements.
“Protectees have been utilizing buses for some 40 years or more,” the official said.
The two new buses join the Secret Service’s lineup of protective vehicles, and will be used to guard all of the agency’s charges.
President Obama left on Monday for a three-day tour of Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois. While on the road, Obama will hold four town hall meetings as well as a forum on rural economic issues.

I even went to the "X22 Report" website and it said nothing about picking up gun owners from remote areas and transporting them to "execution trains", or to secret concentration camps.

Lets try and keep the Debate Forum a little closer to reality than "happy smoke" reporting.

T