Hate

squirt

Administrator
there's not any here, that I'm aware of, so if we can't have this conversation, I don't think anybody can

hate is driving a lot of what's happening today, not just in the USA, but all around the world
we hate what we don't understand, we hate what we fear, sometimes we hate justifiably
but hate is almost never constructive, it gives others power over us, it drives reaction that, at times, seems disproportionate to the perceived wrong
it causes people to pick up sticks to strike another human being with, it causes people to drive cars into crowds, and it's contagious

I think that a lot of Americans need to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they're contributing to this atmosphere of hate
President Trump was right, there's enough hate to go around all around! people are yelling at each other, they're calling each other names, and nobody's listening
if real change is to happen, it has to start with the individual, it has to start with introspection, a true look at our real hearts
to be the change we wish to see in the world, it has to start with each and every one of us

Goodgrief

Amen to that, Squirt!

What next? Burning all the history books once the relics of the past wars are destroyed? Forget all the wars waged in the past so that history repeats itself?

I keep watching the news, read the newspapers and sometimes, I'm glad that I am not starting my life and I don't have to worry about my children or grandchildren.
Today, I watched one more episode of religious hatred in Barcelona. Innocent shoppers, tourists, over 100 injured and at least 13 dead.

Why?

Goodgrief

Here's a little anecdote.

Years ago, Mr. G.G and I were in Philadelphia. The weather turned to the cool side and I had to get a warmer jacket. So, at the Big K-Mart, I found one, but the line ups were of biblical proportions. No other choice.... I got sandwiched between to ladies (African-American) and they knew each other. The conversation started between them about gardening. Quite interesting, I might add. I'm stuck there. They are towering over me (I'm not very tall). So, I piped up about their knowledge. Well, we started a conversation! We were laughing and enjoying the whole interchange. In the other line-up, someone said, pointing at me,: "She's not from around here, is she?"

That really pissed me off. Please tell me, if I can be color blind, why can't it work as a two-way street?

Vinnie

If I can be slightly contrary her, I do not believe it is hate that is driving things but fear. Fear of the strange, the other, the loss to ourselves. This is particularly advanced in the States where fear is used to push commodities constantly.
You need a bigger truck to get you"out of sticky situations". You need this drug because they aren't trekking you everything. But this ammo now before it's banned.
Of course, when you're inside the system, it's quite difficult to see.

squirt

Administrator
I'm pretty sure what I saw on people's faces was hatred, pure and simple
I'll agree that uncertainty drives fear, and fear causes us to lash out
there is SO much anger over here, seems like everybody's mad at everybody :sigh:
it feels like you can't say a word about anything, because somebody somewhere is going to pin a label on you, and people are very quick to do that these days
if I don't agree with you, I must be a racist, or a bigot, or phobic in some way
something I noticed last night at work though is that right now, in this moment in our country, people are going out of their way to be nice to one another
maybe that should be Heather Heyer's legacy!

Goodgrief

Squirt, I agree with your point of view. Canada isn't all different than the States. But it seems that Democracy (notice I put a capital D on it) is not what it advertises to be. Make no waves, don't speak up, unless you're against common sense.

So far, we have 7,000 Haitian "refugees" who were "refugees" in the U.S coming through our borders on foot. Refugees in one country cannot claim refugee status in another.
Meanwhile, these intruders are being fed and lodged at our expense. Enough is Freaking enough!
Gawd! I wish people would get off the damn weed and start thinking common sense.

Vinnie

Never been happy about the "first place of safety" ruling on refugees. It always seemed to me to be a way of avoiding responsibility on the part of more distant countries.

squirt

Administrator
I've no idea what you mean by "first place of safety"
that means refugees are to be welcomed by the first safe place they reach?
I think the best way to handle the refugee crisis is to work to make the countries they're leaving a better place to live, so they won't want to leave, I think they don't anyway, I wouldn't want to have to pack up and move thousands of miles away to a strange place, risking my life and/or the lives of people I love

squirt

Administrator
the conversation isn't changing :sigh:
I went over to another forum I visit occasionally, where they discuss a lot of politics, and there they were, having at each other like Charlottesville never happened
sure they were using words instead of sticks, but until we stop sticking our fingers in our ears and stop throwing labels at each other, the tension is never going to dissipate
and it needs to start at the top, and by that I don't mean President Trump ... I mean all those "honorable" leaders who claim self righteousness while pointing the fingers at others

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Oh you mean like the people in Goverment saying stuff like all these statues should be torn down. Heck all the ones so far as been of Democratic slave owners of the 1800s. I've got a big problem with that for it's part of our counties history and when you don't know history you will repete the stupid mistakes that were done before. Washington was a slave owner and he was the frist president also signing the declaration of independence.

You can name any monument anywhere in the world and I can give you a indeatailed reason why is should be torn down for some type of potical reason.
Don't get me started on any religious reason you can destroy anything in the name of some type of persons religion.

With all this news coverage on the destruction of statues by the Democratic news media I am just wondering what they are really covering up that they don't want in the news.
Now I hear news that some people want Mount Rushmore blown up WTF is wrong with these people? (rhetorical question please)

likeaneagle

I blame the Media. .....That all folks! oh and I hate something that is free .....and then the prices goes up!
yes you Photobucket!

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
the media is NOT helping, that's for sure! :high5:

... and I think Manzy might side with you on PB, Lynn! lol

Vinnie

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5080086]I've no idea what you mean by "first place of safety"
that means refugees are to be welcomed by the first safe place they reach?
I think the best way to handle the refugee crisis is to work to make the countries they're leaving a better place to live, so they won't want to leave, I think they don't anyway, I wouldn't want to have to pack up and move thousands of miles away to a strange place, risking my life and/or the lives of people I love
[/QUOTE]

The "first place of safety" doctrain is that once ytou are in a safe country, eg. France, you cannot continue on and claim refugee status in another country as you are no longer fleeing persecution.

Consider, the way you feel about not risking your life/family is the way almost everyone feels. This gives you an idea of the terrible things they are running from.

Vinnie

[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5080487]Oh you mean like the people in Goverment saying stuff like all these statues should be torn down. Heck all the ones so far as been of Democratic slave owners of the 1800s. I've got a big problem with that for it's part of our counties history and when you don't know history you will repete the stupid mistakes that were done before. Washington was a slave owner and he was the frist president also signing the declaration of independence.

You can name any monument anywhere in the world and I can give you a indeatailed reason why is should be torn down for some type of potical reason.
Don't get me started on any religious reason you can destroy anything in the name of some type of persons religion.

With all this news coverage on the destruction of statues by the Democratic news media I am just wondering what they are really covering up that they don't want in the news.
Now I hear news that some people want Mount Rushmore blown up WTF is wrong with these people? (rhetorical question please)
[/QUOTE]

What those statues are now used to represent differs from the reason they were first erected. Symbols have power or you would not be concerned about their removal. There are still plenty of books around if you want to learn.

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="Ms.Diablo50, post: 5082241]*Major VAPORS*[/QUOTE]

I've thought about this for days, I still don't get it lol :peekaboo:

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="Vinnie, post: 5083123]The "first place of safety" doctrain is that once ytou are in a safe country, eg. France, you cannot continue on and claim refugee status in another country as you are no longer fleeing persecution.

Consider, the way you feel about not risking your life/family is the way almost everyone feels. This gives you an idea of the terrible things they are running from.[/QUOTE]

that could get congested in a hurry!
I wake up every morning being thankful I don't live in a war torn country :sigh: