Help please with Curved Text

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Perhaps foolishly, I volunteered to make the new logo for our support group for recovering alcoholics. We had a competition, and two sketched designs were chosen. I have done most of the first design:

but haven't manage to put the name "Active Recovery" into the scrolls that are to go underneath:

I have been working at quite a large size, but it will mainly be used as the header on the website and leaflets, so needs to work at a smaller size, perhaps 1.5 inches. The text needs to be as large as will reasonably fit, and the same red as used in the shield. I want the whole thing as a .png to preserve the transparency.

Would someone kindly do that for me? An explanation how would be useful, but not essential.

Ms.Diablo50

I wish I could help you Geoff but I am techno challenged .... You do know I'm secretary for our club right? lol

:nsbapoi:

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Hi Geoff ~ I think I have a prog somewhere that has curved text in it ~ will have to find it ~ probably one of our great 'tag' designers will be able to do it far quicker ~ but have copied your images ~ and will see ~ by the way ~ is black and white OK ~ or do you need colour....??

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
Thank you, Peter. It wants to be in colour, with the text the same red as used in the shield (not essential to be an exact match if that is difficult for you).

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Ok mate ~ this is just a start ~ the left scroll you posted was a PNG ~ the right wasn't.....anyway ~ have found a prog, and did these before you said about colour...if they are along the lines you want then we can go back to the drawing board...

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4523069]My Ulead Photoimpact 5 can do that. Otherwise, its one letter at a time, and rotating each one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that I am using Paint Shop Pro 9. I know it can be done in that, but not how.

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 4523071]Ok mate ~ this is just a start ~ the left scroll you posted was a PNG ~ the right wasn't.....anyway ~ have found a prog, and did these before you said about colour...if they are along the lines you want then we can go back to the drawing board...

[/QUOTE]

That is certainly the right idea. I would prefer it without shadow, and slightly less curved. The shadow could make the text blurred at a smaller size.

Sorry that I gave you a jpg! I started with that, tubed it and then mirrored it. I obviously uploaded the wrong one.

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4523075]
[/QUOTE]

The one on the left is great, but could you do it in red? The one on the right is a little TOO curved. Sorry to be fussy!

Bamber

Super Moderator
If you have Word you can produce curved text fairly easily using WordArt. Select Insert, Picture..., WordArt, then the style you want.

Geoff_the_Beard

Jokeroo Legend
How is this?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4523106]
Just testing.

[/QUOTE]

These are both great! It is difficult to choose! I'll try both before deciding.

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4523111]If you have Word you can produce curved text fairly easily using WordArt. Select Insert, Picture..., WordArt, then the style you want.[/QUOTE]

I DO have Word. I will certainly try using WordArt.

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4523130]this is essex's tutorial on how to do curved text, but I'm not sure it's going to do what you want it to do, you need more of a wavy text from what I can tell

http://board.jokeroo.com/finished-materials/60082-basic-psp9-tutorials-4.html[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link. Hopefully I can learn from that!

Thank you ALL for such great help!
:grouphug:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'll tell you now Geoff, putting the scrolls and the WordArt together in Word is a really awkward business; you need to know the layering and grouping functions of Word inside out. It's probably much easier using something else.

kipper

Super Moderator
After a year I have just seen this thread, not sure if this will help but it's one way of doing curved text in PSP.

[video=youtube;t4NVz0kE5K8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4NVz0kE5K8&feature=youtu.be[/video]