How to add text to an animated gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I thought I'd make a thread for this one and hopefully the step by step will be helpful :bigsmile:

1. Create the text in Paint Shop Pro

2. Select Edit Copy

3. Next have your animation open in animation shop and all your frames selected... CTL A does this

4. Edit Paste as a new animation... this brings your text over

Make the same amount of frames to your text as your animation

In this case its 27 make sure you text is highlited and hit your dup key until you have reached the amount you need, if you go over just select the last frame of your text hightlite CTL A and hit the delete key til you reach the amount you need

Next - we'll be moving the text to the animation... CTL A on your text then hit the copy button

Next - CTL A on your animation then go to edit Propagate Paste

next Edit paste into selected frame

Then View animation for this

Last edited:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Thank you Thy Princess Manzy -

I will get in here after I eat,, although the next to last step is confusing, it say's "next edit copy as new animation" but the graphic shows it as "edit past into selected Frame",,, I tried to see if there was a "edit copy as new animation" and I don't have that option..

Thank you for you hard work in trying to help this old geeser,, lol

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
It's edit...paste into selected frame, thanks for catching that all fixed :hehe:

squirt

Administrator
I didn't know about Ctrl A ... thank you! :bravo:
I've never used propagate paste either, what does that do?
I just select all, then paste into current
:blow:

squirt

Administrator
you can also add text directly in AS
Ctrl A (select all) on your animation, go to EFFECTS, APPLY TEXT, click on the FONT box to select your font and size, I always use CENTER, but you can make it go left or right as well,
click OK, then select your colors and click OK
the only downside to this is that you can't put it where you want it, like if you need it at the top or bottom

[jimg]ri81/z3/b/u/5/e/bu5ea.baa.1-animation-text-tutorial.jpg[/jimg]

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4743203]I didn't know about Ctrl A ... thank you! :bravo:
I've never used propagate paste either, what does that do?
I just select all, then paste into current
:blow:
[/QUOTE]

CTL A is great... also if you want to copy say a sentence, highlite it do CTL C then CTL V where you want to paste it

Propagate paste I learned through some tutorial.. it mean's to graft or multiply like your going to move something in there lol... if you don't highlite all your frames which I have done if you put the text in it will blink.. sometimes that is all good too

The text in AS sometimes I have to open a new file because it doesn't want to copy to all the frames and I have no clue why but it is the easiest way and I like the font variety

:thankyouflowers:

squirt

Administrator
I have to do it that way if I want the text at the top or bottom

and thank you! :blow:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
WOOHOO!!! Look at you! Glad it worked and there's other ways too like spaghetti LOL!! :bravo:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
I'll stick to this,, don't want the old fart to get confused and forgetful - more than he is that is,, lol

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
so true,, now what Tutorial are you going to put next? how to add a pic to another pic? lol

no disrespect to Essex, but a lot of his tutorials are now missing the pictures that show what he is saying,,

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4743205]you can also add text directly in AS
Ctrl A (select all) on your animation, go to EFFECTS, APPLY TEXT, click on the FONT box to select your font and size, I always use CENTER, but you can make it go left or right as well,
click OK, then select your colors and click OK
the only downside to this is that you can't put it where you want it, like if you need it at the top or bottom

[jimg]ri81/z3/b/u/5/e/bu5ea.baa.1-animation-text-tutorial.jpg[/jimg][/QUOTE]

You can't do this then?....:heehee:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
No,, I mean the pictures or what ever you call 'em,, like you posted for the text tutorial above in the steps,,, lol

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Manzy, post: 4743545]a pic to another pic... you mean tubes png images?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="homeinspec, post: 4743554]No,, I mean the pictures or what ever you call 'em,, like you posted for the text tutorial above in the steps,,, lol[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what I wrote? LOL!!

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
uhhh ,, well ,, I guess ,, tubes png images ,, if that is what they are called, ahh yes that's it ,, so anyway ,, now what Tutorial are you going to put next? how to add a tube ,, png ,, images to another tube ,, png ,, gif ,, images? :heehee:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Very cool and thank you for mine good job :bravo:

As far as your question about merging PNG images because they are different from a pic they have transparent background if you save one from the challenge thread and open it up in PSP you'll see what I mean.. There isn't really one answer for this you its up to the creator but the basics are:

1. In PSP go to file new... Most times I fill it in with a color by picking a color on my color bar and using my flood fill option on the left side toolbar.. Just select it and click in it

2. Open the PNG and go to file cut... Then file paste as new selection, or you can open a picture and put the PNG in the same way.. Or you can add another PNG to it just a lot of different things

If you need screen prints I can do it later about to go pick up Maddie