How to use the Jokeroo Uploader to post pics,inc Signature Pics

essex boy

Super Moderator

1.To post pics first save the pic on your harddrive,
save somewhere where it's easy to find.

2.Now click onto the uploader link,you'll find it near the top left hand corner of the page.

This is what it looks like.

3.You'll now have this page,that's where you can either upload anonymously or you could become a member.
Using Anon you can upload pics which are jpg,gifs,png or bmp.
Using a registered membership login you can upload other files as well as those three.

4.I'll deal with the anonymous upload first.
You could either upload a single image or click on upload gallery where you can upload more than one image at a time.

You have the rectangle Browse button.
Click on it,this will give you a browser to find the pic you saved on your computer.
Once you find the pic you want uploaded click on it and it will be placed into the rectangle on the left hand side of the browse button.

Now click UPLOAD.

5.You'll now be given sets of codes,the one we need for the forum is the top one..Forum Code

You'll now need to select the whole code then place your mouse arrow on the blue highlight then left click and goto copy then right click.

6.Now goto the the Jokeroo forum,if the pic is to post a reply find the thread that you're replying to then click quote (you'll find it at the bottom of each post) if you wish to quote what someone else has posted,or if it's just to reply with your pic,and or text click Post Reply(you'll find it in the bottom left hand corner after the last post on a thread.

Now paste your code into the text area,if you wish to add text too as well as your pic do it now.
Once the post is completed to your satisfaction click SUBMIT REPLY.
You'll find it underneath the smileys at the bottom of the text section.

7.If you're using the pic as a new thread then goto the section where you think the pic belongs,ie funny pics,the Society section ect..then near the top left hand corner you'll see a button that says NEW THREAD.

Click on that,name the title then paste the codes from the uploader into the text area.
If you wish to add text do that here too,smileys on the right hand side can be added to the text section if you wish.
If you wish to use a smiley on the title click on a smiley from underneath the text area.
Once your post is finished click SUBMIT NEW THREAD,you'll find it underneath the smileys at the bottom of the text section.

SIGNATURE AREA.
This is the pics that you see repeated after everyones posts.
If you wish to have a pic as one of those upload the pic as before
but this time after copying the image code goto USER CP.
You'll find it where the File Uploader link was,the User CP is on the left hand side of that. Click User CP.

On the left hand side you'll now see Control Panel and underneath that EDIT SIGNATURE.
Click on edit signature and paste your image code into the text area.
Scroll down and you'll find SAVE SIGNATURE.Click it.

AVATOR
An Avator is the small pic underneath your name,in my case my I love Jokeroo animation.
To get to the Avator option you need to click on User CP,(the links next to the Image Uploader link,top left hand side of the page)

On the left hand side just a few down from edit signature you'll find edit Avator,click that.
If you do not yet have the Custom Avator option then choose an Avator then click SAVE CHANGES.
If you do have the Custom Avator option then select Use Custom Avator,use the Browser to find the pic on your computer then click Save Changes.
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

essex boy

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="truckerjim, post: 1781166]Thanks will give all that a try

jimhttp://www.filecabin.com/up2/1170003418-SWEETLADI%252520JIM.gif[/quote]

I'm not sure what happened,the jim shouldn't be in front of the http.
The savename looks like it could be a problem,if you change the savename to something small then try again I'll see if it helps.

IZaNaMI

A Premium Jokaroo'er
Also try not using spaces in the filename. It will be a WHOLE lot shorter that way.

essex boy

Super Moderator
Thanks,Izzy,good point.

P.S
I've now updated the thread for the imagebeaver uploader.

I don't know how to do a signature with imageshack and I was going to use a picture of sonic with my name as my signature.

Here is something that shows a man rescueing a bat from being locked up in a treasure chest of laughter.

Last edited:

essex boy

Super Moderator
I can help you with the sig pic.
Find the pic you want then PM it to me and I'll add your name and put it in your sig area.

Jokaroos uploader is back and newly improved because it has been upgraded plus it has been updated to its limit.

Jokaroos uploader is working again and the best thing is it has been upgraded while the admin updated it as a improvement of this site.

I am going back to the jokaroo uploader because it will help me get pic of the day as I resend the killer rabbit picture.

The second good news is that the image beaver site is back online for the college and because of that I will be back on image beaver to send pictures that will give me the place for my pictures to be pic of the day.

The jokaroo uploader is also back online because it is now able to upload videos for the jokaroo site but anyone knows that a killer rabbit is cute but covered in fur.

squirt

Administrator
and now it's back to FileCabin lol but the process is still pretty similar

indianajoe

Jokeroo Enthusiast
All this is nice but when i click on the file uploader.. i go to log in and it says it redirectiing... then i get a white page..am i jinxed?

squirt

Administrator
you shouldn't have to log in, I'm not sure about the status of ImageBeaver and there's still a LOT of problems with FileCabin, I recommend this uploader, the process is the same, no log-in, BROWSE, find your pic on you computer, click on it, click on OPEN, click on UPLOAD IMAGE NOW and tuh duh, pic! lol copy and paste the BB CODE into a post, it's the next to the last above the HTML code ...

Image Hosting / Uploader

for non adult type pics and clean sig pics, you can also use

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

BROWSE, find pic on your computer, click on it, click on OPEN, click on UPLOAD, click on the COPY button next to the one that says FOR FORUMS/MESSAGE BOARDS and paste into post or EDIT SIG
[/SIZE][/B]

indianajoe

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I tried this site Squirt and it works really well. And I think Ive finally figured out how to post pictures...yeeeehaawww

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Squirt, I can't get that awesome pic you gave me to load up in the signature page. I'm sure I did everything right but when I hit the save signature box I get a message saying that the picture is too big. I guess I need some help....help, please. :unhappy:

squirt

Administrator
Squirt, I can't get that awesome pic you gave me to load up in the signature page. I'm sure I did everything right but when I hit the save signature box I get a message saying that the picture is too big. I guess I need some help....help, please. :unhappy: [/COLOR]
you're using the BROWSE in EDIT SIG, instead, click on this link to tinypic ...

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

then BROWSE, find the pic in your computer, click on the pic, click on OPEN, then click on UPLOAD NOW then click on the COPY button next to the one that says FOR FORUMS/MESSAGE BOARDS, I think it's the second one, then go to edit sig and hit CTRL V and it should paste the URL in, then click on PREVIEW and see if you see your pic, if so, click on SAVE and if not come back here and we'll try again lol

Any idea if the problem causing the error "Your signature can not be longer than 200 characters including BBCode markup" will ever be fixed? Or is there a workaround? I get this error even if I'm deleting pics from my sig! Getting tired of my sig, but hate to constantly bother Squirt et al to post new sig pics! Tx!!

squirt

Administrator
that's the limit Roo has set on sigs, it's an attempt to keep sigs from getting too long, I doubt it will ever be changed, every slash, bracket, number and letter counts

Thanks, Squirt. Just seems strange getting the error when I delete pics..."assuming" it would decrease # of chars. I'll play around again...who needs to work anyway! LOL

squirt

Administrator
not the case when I added a pic for you, you'd be ahead of the character game then lol