I, also, need leg surgery

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I want to start focusing on what I had with Geoff rather than what I have lost. I can honestly say my only regret is that it all ended too soon. In early 2006 I saw a few posts Geoff had made in reply to other posts and I was impressed with his thoughtful answers, but it wasn't until around May of that year when we started chatting a bit on Tooner's website.There was a spark in the very beginning...and in just a few days we were chatting back and forth with webcams and mics. The first thing I learned was that Geoff did NOT like wearing clothes at home! lol He WAS a gentleman about it...he would not stand up unless he had to, and then he would throw something over the cam, but it took a bit of time before it no longer seemed weird.

I know GG was chatting with him then, also, so she can back me up. In fact, if you go to his profile page, he has posted a pic of himself at a nude beach. In light of his love of nudity, it seems strange that he sometimes dressed in the best "English gentleman" manner.

Here he is with His Mum and Dad...

squirt

Administrator
little did you know ... lol the adventure you were about to embark on! lol :grin:

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
Now I'm imagining all the English gentlemen sitting around naked (Bamber) (RL) Koni lol

Awww his mum & dad thank you for sharing dear MT
:bravo:....

Last edited:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Here is an earlier pic of him with his parents and sister. They are at Buckingham Palace where his Mum just received her MBE. (Member of the British Empire.)

Bamber

Super Moderator
I wonder what his mum got an MBE for? I know a few people awarded the MBE and it ranges wide, from charitable work to service in various industries and occupations.

An MBE is the lowest British order of chivalry and technically Member of the Order of the British Empire.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Well I think that is quite amazing as I am sure they are not passed out like business cards. Good for here either way

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4982267]I wonder what his mum got an MBE for? I know a few people awarded the MBE and it ranges wide, from charitable work to service in various industries and occupations.

An MBE is the lowest British order of chivalry and technically Member of the Order of the British Empire.
[/QUOTE]

Geoff was never sure...she was quite active politically, and her profession was nursing. Geoff THOUGHT it might have been for her work in nursing reforms but never knew for sure. I just asked his sister several weeks ago, so maybe I will have an answer soon.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Sexylady007, post: 4981972]Now I'm imagining all the English gentlemen sitting around naked (Bamber) (RL) Koni lol

Awww his mum & dad thank you for sharing dear MT
:bravo:....
[/QUOTE]

Oops! Sorry, Sis...I'm sure they don't ALL sit at their computers naked...but then again, one never knows! lol

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4982488]Oops! Sorry, Sis...I'm sure they don't ALL sit at their computers naked...but then again, one never knows! lol[/QUOTE]

:hehehaha::eyebrow:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Thanks for sharing MT I have this visual in my head now LOL I gotta go check Geoff's profile picture I never noticed he was completely nude ha! I am enjoying your journey together and also his parents achievements, that's pretty cool about his moms award. It reminds me of the things we don't know about my grandma she was born in 1902 so we are always trying to find things. Again thanks for sharing looking forward to more. :hugs:

Goodgrief

Aaah, Geoff! We had audio chats many times! Although our political views were opposite of each other's, we shared a common trait; a thirst for knowledge! We spent hours talking about places in our countries that were unknown to most. I taught him a lot about Quebec and Alberta, he taught me things I had never heard about England.

He was an eager gardener and went into great details on how to successfully grow tomatoes. He laughed when I told him that the only things that grew well in my garden were dandelions.
He used to be quite fluent in French, but as everything else, if you don't use it, you lose some of it. I was almost rolling on the floor when he really flubbed on expression in French! Then, it was his turn to roar when I told him some of my faux pas when I was learning English.

Down to earth would be the best way to describe the Geoff I knew. Sharp and smart, but a kind heart in all respects. Only the good die young.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Manzy, post: 4982696]Thanks for sharing MT I have this visual in my head now LOL I gotta go check Geoff's profile picture I never noticed he was completely nude ha! I am enjoying your journey together and also his parents achievements, that's pretty cool about his moms award. It reminds me of the things we don't know about my grandma she was born in 1902 so we are always trying to find things. Again thanks for sharing looking forward to more. :hugs:[/QUOTE]

You are so very welcome, Manzy. I thank YOU and Laila for asking me to share...it is so nice to remember all the good times instead of dwelling on the loss.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4982725]Aaah, Geoff! We had audio chats many times! Although our political views were opposite of each other's, we shared a common trait; a thirst for knowledge! We spent hours talking about places in our countries that were unknown to most. I taught him a lot about Quebec and Alberta, he taught me things I had never heard about England.

He was an eager gardener and went into great details on how to successfully grow tomatoes. He laughed when I told him that the only things that grew well in my garden were dandelions.
He used to be quite fluent in French, but as everything else, if you don't use it, you lose some of it. I was almost rolling on the floor when he really flubbed on expression in French! Then, it was his turn to roar when I told him some of my faux pas when I was learning English.

Down to earth would be the best way to describe the Geoff I knew. Sharp and smart, but a kind heart in all respects. Only the good die young.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for sharing, GG. You did a wonderful job of giving a picture of Geoff that doesn't always show on his Roo posts. You are one of the few people who knows just how political Geoff was! He rarely posted in Debate...he used to say that wasn't "debate" it was people trying to force their opinions on others. If it had been run under parliamentarian rules, I'm sure he would have been there often. He also believed everyone had a right to their own opinion. Many of us say that, but only when that opinion agrees with ours. lol Please share anything else you remember...and I hope others share also. I know Geoff exchanged emails and PMs with many people and we all got to see different aspects of his personality.

squirt

Administrator
the thing I remember most about Geoff is that he never missed a thing
even when you thought NOBODY saw, he did
and he would reach out to you, just to let you know that somebody cared, somebody saw, somebody was thinking of you
and he thought about us a lot ♥

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4982747]the thing I remember most about Geoff is that he never missed a thing
even when you thought NOBODY saw, he did
and he would reach out to you, just to let you know that somebody cared, somebody saw, somebody was thinking of you
and he thought about us a lot ♥
[/QUOTE]

and I miss that the most he was always kind to me always looked out for me like a big brother he was a true gentleman and I would watch how he was with others and he was the same with everyone and I must say are MT has very good taste in men and I loved how he just adored her....
I'm so glad you are sharing your story with us dear MT the best way to honor ones life is to talk about them in remembrance of all the good they brought into your life and how they touched you and how you will never be the same because of it....
:littleheart:

Goodgrief

Once, while in a conversation, we started talking about music. Geoff was an accomplished musician. Just for fun I hummed a few bars from a popular tune in the sixties. He knew it right away, even if it was from a Canadian band! A rare intelligence!

If all the silly images we were given in school are true, Geoff is up there, somewhere on a cloud, teaching all the harp players how to harmonize into a real band!

Goodgrief

So true! Canada is a mix of British/American when it comes to spelling. We had an argument about Aluminium/Aluminum. Kind of silly, but it was a good tit for tat!

Goodgrief

Mary, did Geoff ever tell you about a very difficult sailing trip he had when he was young?

He and a couple of friends went sailing one day. I forget from where to where. But the wind got strong and once they got to their destination, mooring the sail boat was not as easy at it should have been. After many tries they finally manage to get the boat ashore. They were greeted by the members of the yacht club who bought them a round!