I, also, need leg surgery

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I didn't hear that story, GG, but I heard enough others that I knew I never wanted to go sailing with him! lol He loved it though...that was one thing he and his Dad would do together. I think he was part fish, and had no fear of the water. In fact, I did hear about how he trained to swim the English Channel, but for some reason he never actually did it.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Geoff...before the "beard"

He was three years old and with his big sister

Maybe the start of his "music" career...Again at age 3...playing the part of "Little Boy Blue" and holding his horn. (bottom row-far right)

By this time (about age 10) he was serious about music...the piano (if you don't count the horn earlier) was his first instrument, and the only one he took formal lessons to learn.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4982830]I didn't hear that story, GG, but I heard enough others that I knew I never wanted to go sailing with him! lol He loved it though...that was one thing he and his Dad would do together. I think he was part fish, and had no fear of the water. In fact, I did hear about how he trained to swim the English Channel, but for some reason he never actually did it.[/QUOTE]

He told me about that incident after I told him about being caught in the middle of lake Ontario in a sudden storm while I was sailing with a friend. Sailing is a "see how you're going to react" trial. You panic, you`re gone. Geoff never gave up. Strong man.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4983038]Geoff...before the "beard"

He was three years old and with his big sister

Maybe the start of his "music" career...Again at age 3...playing the part of "Little Boy Blue" and holding his horn. (bottom row-far right)

By this time (about age 10) he was serious about music...the piano (if you don't count the horn earlier) was his first instrument, and the only one he took formal lessons to learn.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I love the newest pics MT and the fact that you have them speak volumnes, you both shared your lives - like Laila's saying says Priceless

Can't wait for more :hugs:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Manzy, post: 4983591]I love the newest pics MT and the fact that you have them speak volumnes, you both shared your lives - like Laila's saying says Priceless

Can't wait for more :hugs:
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, when Geoff got his divorce, his spouse kept most of the photos, so Geoff had very few. However, I believe that little boy at the beach, or the one holding his paper horn and looking lost and confused, is still a part of the Geoff we knew.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4983674]Unfortunately, when Geoff got his divorce, his spouse kept most of the photos, so Geoff had very few. However, I believe that little boy at the beach, or the one holding his paper horn and looking lost and confused, is still a part of the Geoff we knew.[/QUOTE]

Me too :happyhug:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="Sexylady007, post: 4986894]Please Tell's us more Dear MT about are dear Geoff...:heartflowers:[/QUOTE]

You may NOT want me to talk to you! We lost Geoff September 1st, I recently learned my DIL has about (maybe) 4 months, and just learned today that my Ex. passed away yesterday. People are dropping like flies around me!

Goodgrief

​It has been and still is a difficult year for you. I don't really know how to express things. But my thoughts are with you.

squirt

Administrator
I think you're worth the risk, MT!
and I'm sure that's how most folks feel or felt
well ... 'cept maybe the ex lol
I'm more worried about YOU dropping ... and leaving us hanging in the middle of your story lol
I'm sorry to hear about your ex, I know that just because we can't live with them, doesn't mean we stop caring
you remain in my thoughts and prayers ~ :rose:

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i am not one for being good with words...but i am going to say this to you MT
say what ever is going to help you through all this..we all care for you and only want the best for you
and if that means pouring out your heart or frustrations or worries or what ever else you may be feeling
just do it...if you need too...i find it helps me getting my feelings and emotions out where i can see them

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status

I am not afraid my dear friend for are day's are numbered by the one who gives life and I know this world is not my home I am only passing through, so please
when you feel up to it I would love to read more of your time with Geoff...we are born to die when we except that fact we all will start to live the life that God gave us fully ...
my dear MT I am sorry that you are going through so much loss here lately but you can be their mouth piece only you can speak for them you keep them alive here on earth only by uttering their name and that light that they had will flicker like a candle that burns for ever in your heart....
I love you stay strong my dear Friend...
:littleheart:

Last edited:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
That was lovely, Laila...thank you for sharing.

Several people have mentioned that Geoff was very smart. I'm sure some of it was due to his education. Geoff actually attended an English (what Americans call private) boarding school. From the way he talked about it, I got the impression that in his day they were about the same as what might be described in Charles Dickens day. ...Okay...MAYBE not quite so bad...they used paddles instead of canes to apply knowledge to the "seat of learning". lol However, one way or another, the boys DID learn! While Geoff didn't especially like it...he didn't really see anything wrong with it...That is just how things were.

The other factor that made him "smart" was his IQ...he tested at 163. If you aren't sure about how high that is, "google" ---Famous IQs and you can find some examples. All I will say is that it isn't the highest, but it sure leaves me in the dirt! lol The bottom line is Geoff was fascinated with everyone and everything. GG had mentioned his thirst for knowledge and it was an understatement. When people (anyone) spoke, he really listened and remembered.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4991590]That was lovely, Laila...thank you for sharing.

Several people have mentioned that Geoff was very smart. I'm sure some of it was due to his education. Geoff actually attended an English (what Americans call private) boarding school. From the way he talked about it, I got the impression that in his day they were about the same as what might be described in Charles Dickens day. ...Okay...MAYBE not quite so bad...they used paddles instead of canes to apply knowledge to the "seat of learning". lol However, one way or another, the boys DID learn! While Geoff didn't especially like it...he didn't really see anything wrong with it...That is just how things were.

The other factor that made him "smart" was his IQ...he tested at 163. If you aren't sure about how high that is, "google" ---Famous IQs and you can find some examples. All I will say is that it isn't the highest, but it sure leaves me in the dirt! lol The bottom line is Geoff was fascinated with everyone and everything. GG had mentioned his thirst for knowledge and it was an understatement. When people (anyone) spoke, he really listened and remembered.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, Geoff's brains were like a sponge. Gawd! I wish they could have cloned him! We played word games for a while. It was so much fun! Solving a crossword puzzle when the other person doesn't see the grid? No problem! Then, he introduced me to British crosswords! Totally different and intriguing.
Yes, the world is a sadder place without him. I lost my game partner. You lost your lover and he who could have been a partner in your life. He will be missed forever.