I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
I just bought a new canon MG3020 Printer, just a simple one, printer/scanner/copier, I've had one before, shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong! I have it all installed, it's there and turned on but when I go to print something, it's showing its offline and asking me to turn the printer on. Now, other than giving the damn thing a lap dance, I've tried everything. Is there anybody out there that can help?

Bamber

Super Moderator
I wish I could help, but without knowing the printer in question, how it is connected and the configuration of your computer I wouldn't know where to start. All I can suggest is googling "canon MG3020 shows offline".

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another thought: did you remove the configuration for your old printer, and any related software? If not, do so and also remove your new printer and reinstall it.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I susguest a good long slow lapdance as to where you should also video cam it so where I can see the make and model of the printer and the motion of the dance. You see this is all revelant to me to get a better understanding of you situation on the printer to get it to work.

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 5016284]I just bought a new canon MG3020 Printer, just a simple one, printer/scanner/copier, I've had one before, shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong! I have it all installed, it's there and turned on but when I go to print something, it's showing its offline and asking me to turn the printer on. Now, other than giving the damn thing a lap dance, I've tried everything. Is there anybody out there that can help?[/QUOTE]

I can't help with the printer, but let's talk about this lap dance theory lol

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5016478]I wish I could help, but without knowing the printer in question, how it is connected and the configuration of your computer I wouldn't know where to start. All I can suggest is googling "canon MG3020 shows offline".[/QUOTE]

I've done that sweety, still nothing. Thank you for trying...:)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
I susguest a good long slow lapdance as to where you should also video cam it so where I can see the make and model of the printer and the motion of the dance. You see this is all revelant to me to get a better understanding of you situation on the printer to get it to work.[/COLOR]
lmao I tried that too, I even tried turning it on by talking dirty to it lol nothing Stevent, help!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Country17, post: 5016813]I can't help with the printer, but let's talk about this lap dance theory lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, lets *wiggles eyebrows*

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 5020258]What if, now just sayin, what if there are two canon printers there now, copy 2 and copy 3? Wtf did I do?!?![/QUOTE]
Multiple installs by the look of things. I'm going to assume this is the only Canon printer you have attached to your computer: you should disconnect the printer, uninstall (remove) both canon printers (while uninstalling the Canon printers you should also delete the old printer if it is no longer connected), then go through the installation process again. You should then have only one Canon printer, which you can set as default.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast

Oh dear, sorry my dear lady, due to circumstances I haven't got round to seeing this thread.
I think Bamber is quite right ~ I've had Canon printers all the time, and my old Pixma packed up, got a new MX925 ~ BUT made sure I deleted everything of the old one first ~ and then loaded the new one on ~ and it became my natural default printer [although sometimes in certain pop-ups the old one could show, that soon goes]

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well Sadie, I have a new HP printer and am having similar problems. The printer shows but is not properly installed. In my case it is to do with connecting the printer by usb cable rather than wirelessly, how is yours connected?

I have spent hours trying to install the software and searching for fixes but no luck so far. I have got several things I have yet to try, but constantly installing and uninstalling, then removing objects the uninstall doesn't remove, then trying another method, does take a LOT of time.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5023335]Well Sadie, I have a new HP printer and am having similar problems. The printer shows but is not properly installed. In my case it is to do with connecting the printer by usb cable rather than wirelessly, how is yours connected?

I have spent hours trying to install the software and searching for fixes but no luck so far. I have got several things I have yet to try, but constantly installing and uninstalling, then removing objects the uninstall doesn't remove, then trying another method, does take a LOT of time.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I got fed up with the Canon Bamber, returned it and got an HP. Same thing. I've been living off of print credits at school, but hoping to get this thing up and running soon. I'll let u know if I have any luck. Oh, btw, somebody behind me in line while I was returning it, mentioned something about a Mac address and asked me if I had a screen on my printer. Any ideas what that means?

Bamber

Super Moderator
MAC address (Media Access Control) is used to identify your printer to a network. If you are connecting through a cable directly to your computer you don't need to know it, if connecting to a network you do. Most printers have a little screen on them for setting up.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Just Debbie, post: 5027750]Did you ever get it figured out Sadie? If not,which version of windows are you using?[/QUOTE]

No Debbie, as a matter of fact I never did, I had to get another printer lol I'm using windows 10. :)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5024888]MAC address (Media Access Control) is used to identify your printer to a network. If you are connecting through a cable directly to your computer you don't need to know it, if connecting to a network you do. Most printers have a little screen on them for setting up.[/QUOTE]

I tried everything Bamber, had to end up getting a new one. Thank you anyway, you're sweet to try and help :)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 5020836]

Oh dear, sorry my dear lady, due to circumstances I haven't got round to seeing this thread.
I think Bamber is quite right ~ I've had Canon printers all the time, and my old Pixma packed up, got a new MX925 ~ BUT made sure I deleted everything of the old one first ~ and then loaded the new one on ~ and it became my natural default printer [although sometimes in certain pop-ups the old one could show, that soon goes]
[/QUOTE]

I had to get a new one RL, an HP, and it works great, thanks a lot :)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5020594]Multiple installs by the look of things. I'm going to assume this is the only Canon printer you have attached to your computer: you should disconnect the printer, uninstall (remove) both canon printers (while uninstalling the Canon printers you should also delete the old printer if it is no longer connected), then go through the installation process again. You should then have only one Canon printer, which you can set as default. [/QUOTE]

I tried this too, didn't do a thing, it was so frustrating!!

Bamber

Super Moderator
I eventually got mine sorted: my Windows 7 laptop gave up the ghost. I had a Windows 10 laptop all ready to configure. Attached the printer to the new one no problem.