If journalists told it like it is

Bamber

Super Moderator

:unsure: So, just to clarify,......because, ....well....I don´t know,...because I got this sneaky feeling,.... Mr.Pie thinks Trump was wrong to tweet what he tweeted? :sneaky:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well as he tweeted that the marches were against universal health care "because it's going broke and not working", whereas they were actually PRO universal health care, complaining of it being choked to death by deliberate political mismanagement, I'd say...Yes.

squirt

Administrator
I hope he feels better 1hug.gif

but ... Pie seems to know as much about our healthcare system as he claims President Trump knows about ya'lls
no child goes untreated, no doctor walks away from a baby who needs surgery just because the parents are poor, no cancer patient goes without treatment
how do I know this? I know this because I've been poor, and my kids got healthcare, I know this because when they had to amputate my sister's leg 4 times, she was never charged a dime, not even for her titanium prosthetic ♥

squirt

Administrator
2 things:

there were not 18 school shootings this year

"Everytown’s database includes any publicly known incident in which “a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds.”

and the NRA doesn't get it's power from lobbying, it gets it's power because most Americans agree with their position

LOL, No need to explain and defend.:p
We know It´s still satire and comedy from a character of a harassed frustrated news reporter.
It has to be exaggerated or else the point wouldn´t come across so well. Not to forget he basically started for the British, followed by the European market and there is a huge difference in humour between the continents. I am pretty sure, when he said it back then, that the tories didn´t break into every British house either to shoot their dog in the face, even though when I see Theresa May´s face I am not so sure about it all of a sudden. :cautious:
Plus, we just don´t understand your obsession and love for guns, just like most of us are baffled and amused (to a certain point) how someone like Trump could have become President.
And that is all up to you. It is your country.
But that doesn´t mean others can´t frown upon it or in some cases laugh.
He shakes up black and white thinking and I find it amazing when people take it so personally when he says something they disagree with. At the same time it shows how good he really is.

But at the end of the day, It is comedy, satire of a fictional news reporter.

squirt

Administrator
it's not that I can't have a laugh at Trump's expense, he certainly gives the world enough material
it's that, over here anyway, comedy is being used as a cover for vicious attacks, like the severed head thing with Kathy Griffin
it's not good hearted humor, meant to poke fun - it's mean and mean spirited
and ... I don't know what ya'll are being told over there, if you're getting both sides of any story, like the 18 school shootings this year, it's simply not true, so when I respond to things like this, it's not that I'm defending, I see it more as informing

heartrose1.gif