innocent until proven guilty?

squirt

Administrator
what happened to it?
why are people being allowed to come forward to make accusations about events that happened 40 years ago?
should a woman, who's kept her silence for decades, be applauded for ruining a man's life?

I'm outraged over what they're doing to Brett Kavanaugh
he's gone through 6 background checks in his service to this country
he's sat on one of the most prominent courts in the land in D.C. for years, with never a smear or spot on his reputation

the event in question allegedly happened in high school
should our feet be held to the fire for things we did in high school?
would any of us pass that test?
should we have to?

this judge has 30 years of distinctive and honorable service to the courts, a proven record
65 women have come forward to testify to his character

so who is to be believed? the 65 or the 1 ... ?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
no one believes her..even the man she named as her rescuer has stated the incident never happened
just because the liberal media reports the woman's claim doesnt make it true..we have seen more and more of false allegations
like this in the last 18 months than any other time in my lifetime that i can recall...here is an excerpt from a another report
i personally do not believe anything the left media has been reporting for the last 11 years

Kavanaugh has denied the charges.
He told The New Yorker: ‘I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time.’
And that classmate who supposedly “saved her?”
The classmate said of the allegation, ‘I have no recollection of that.’
Sixty-five of Kavanaugh’s female classmates, however, have all signed a letter in support of his character:
In response, the Senate Judiciary Committee released a letter signed by 65 women in support of Kavanaugh. They’ve known him for over 35 years and say he’s always treated women “honorably.”
“For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect,” the women wrote. “We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the committee at this time.”
“Through the more than 35 years we have known him, Brett has stood out for his friendship, character, and integrity,” they continued. “In particular, he has always treated women with decency and respect. That was true when he was in high school, and it has remained true to this day.”

Flynn

Squirt
I’ve had that discussion with my wife both of us are use a little bit suspect of people who make claims of inappropriate behaviour years after the fact.

In my world we would deal with it then and there when it happened.

It doesn’t mean people are innocent just because the charges came later in life though.

Flynn

no one believes her..even the man she named as her rescuer has stated the incident never happened
just because the liberal media reports the woman's claim doesnt make it true..we have seen more and more of false allegations
like this in the last 18 months than any other time in my lifetime that i can recall...here is an excerpt from a another report
i personally do not believe anything the left media has been reporting for the last 11 years

Kavanaugh has denied the charges.
He told The New Yorker: ‘I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time.’
And that classmate who supposedly “saved her?”
The classmate said of the allegation, ‘I have no recollection of that.’
Sixty-five of Kavanaugh’s female classmates, however, have all signed a letter in support of his character:
In response, the Senate Judiciary Committee released a letter signed by 65 women in support of Kavanaugh. They’ve known him for over 35 years and say he’s always treated women “honorably.”
“For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect,” the women wrote. “We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the committee at this time.”
“Through the more than 35 years we have known him, Brett has stood out for his friendship, character, and integrity,” they continued. “In particular, he has always treated women with decency and respect. That was true when he was in high school, and it has remained true to this day.”
A lot of people believe her, that’s why the investigation is ongoing !

It doesn’t mean he’s guilty.

From what I heard in the media, there are more questions to be asked before he gets the nod of approval for another Republican gets a life long seat in the Court. I think that is one of the strangest legal rituals of any country, the position is for life, just like the Catholic Pope.

Every court system should be unbiased, there’s always a battle to stack the court with one of the 2 party preferred candidates.

An independent should get the job but I don’t think there are any independent Judges or citizens in the USA.

squirt

Administrator
I believe something happened to her, but I don't believe it was Kavanaugh
she can't even remember where or when it happened, and the other person she says was in the room says it never happened
if it were presented to a prosecutor, they'd have to toss the case because of the statute of limitations, and that varies from state to state
the FBI can't investigate, it's not under their jurisdiction
the timing calls it into question, the senator who had the letter sat on it for months, she didn't deem it important enough to ask him about it in her private sessions with him, nor in the confirmation hearing, she is under intense pressure back home because her seat is being challenged, she would do or say anything to keep her fancy place at the table, and if it ruins a good and decent man in the process, oh well!

Flynn

Squirt

All Politicians

Once they get there, they will do anything to hold onto power.

squirt

Administrator
it's just not right, what they're doing to this man
"they" said that she had no plans to come forward, that she didn't want to
yet back in August, she hired a VERY expensive lawyer and took a polygraph
the Democrats hope that they can drag this out past the mid-terms, they're doing everything they can to obstruct and delay, demanding investigations and more witnesses
and they do so at their own peril, a huge driving factor in the election of Donald Trump was the courts!

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I don't think that " alot of people believe her".
It's politically expedient for those against his nomination to try this case in the court of public opinion.

I maintain my stance that these hearings stop. There's nothing in the COTUS that calls for these BS hearings..
The Constitution only calls for a Yay/Nay vote PERIOD

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
A lot of people believe her, that’s why the investigation is ongoing !

It doesn’t mean he’s guilty.

From what I heard in the media, there are more questions to be asked before he gets the nod of approval for another Republican gets a life long seat in the Court. I think that is one of the strangest legal rituals of any country, the position is for life, just like the Catholic Pope.

Every court system should be unbiased, there’s always a battle to stack the court with one of the 2 party preferred candidates.

An independent should get the job but I don’t think there are any independent Judges or citizens in the USA.
to be perfectly clear..there is NO INVESTIGATION....people need to stop getting their information from the liberal fake news media
the damn democrats have done nothing but obstruct this administration from doing its job since Trump won the election
the russian collusion investigation ..the separation of illegals at the border...spying on american citizens ALL DONE BY THE DEMOCRATS AND DNC

a little research into what is really going on would do wonders for you..instead of listening to a biased media ..(who btw always use unnamed sources)..and their STOP TRUMP AGENDA

the questions being asked are more about her credibility than Kavanaugh's character
Supreme Court Justices are independent..it is the democrats and the fake media that are politicizing it
NOT the Supreme Court judges

not one of the 65 women who have come to Kavanaugh's defense have backed down
the left are losing their FECKING minds

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I don't think that " alot of people believe her".
It's politically expedient for those against his nomination to try this case in the court of public opinion.

I maintain my stance that these hearings stop. There's nothing in the COTUS that calls for these BS hearings..
The Constitution only calls for a Yay/Nay vote PERIOD
the only ones believing her are the left who dont want this President or his administration to succeed and improve the country
after 8 years of the worse presidency in the history of the USA

did you see the video of people getting paid by schummer to disrupt the confirmation hearings?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I believe something happened to her, but I don't believe it was Kavanaugh
she can't even remember where or when it happened, and the other person she says was in the room says it never happened
if it were presented to a prosecutor, they'd have to toss the case because of the statute of limitations, and that varies from state to state
the FBI can't investigate, it's not under their jurisdiction
the timing calls it into question, the senator who had the letter sat on it for months, she didn't deem it important enough to ask him about it in her private sessions with him, nor in the confirmation hearing, she is under intense pressure back home because her seat is being challenged, she would do or say anything to keep her fancy place at the table, and if it ruins a good and decent man in the process, oh well!
the Democrats hope that they can drag this out past the mid-terms, they're doing everything they can to obstruct and delay, demanding investigations and more witnesses
and they do so at their own peril, a huge driving factor in the election of Donald Trump was the courts!
i believe something may have happened to her..but it wasnt Kavanaugh..he wasnt even at that party she claims it happen at and as i showed yesterday..her rescuer has no memory of it ever happening...she is using something that did happen to her and using it to aid the democrats or she is totally lying to destroy a very respected man who has been nominated for a very high position that the dems dont want to see him get
knowing they have no voting power to stop

i wonder how much she has been paid by the DNC to slander this man

squirt

Administrator
MY whole view of this is that she SHOULD NOT be allowed to do this
you shouldn't be able to come forward decades later, at the most convenient time, to take down a man who has spent his life lifting others up
the man has been through 6 background checks, with not a single problem
and IF this was so DAMN important, WHY didn't we get told about it when it was learned?
it could have been taken care of by now, but taking care of it isn't the point, stopping the nomination from going through is

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
MY whole view of this is that she SHOULD NOT be allowed to do this
you shouldn't be able to come forward decades later, at the most convenient time, to take down a man who has spent his life lifting others up
the man has been through 6 background checks, with not a single problem
and IF this was so DAMN important, WHY didn't we get told about it when it was learned?
it could have been taken care of by now, but taking care of it isn't the point, stopping the nomination from going through is
The only statutes of limitation I know of is for murder and there is none. The statute of limitations on statutory rape is usually six years. However, certain aggravating factors can increase this statute to 15 years. I cannot find one for if anyone touches another persons buns.

But come on now this is only staged by other politicians to smear another one.

Flynn

What are you worried about ?

If the Democrats win the Senate they may want a Democrat to be appointed as a Judge ?

Aren’t all legal Judges required to be impartial ?

Flynn

to be perfectly clear..there is NO INVESTIGATION....people need to stop getting their information from the liberal fake news media
the damn democrats have done nothing but obstruct this administration from doing its job since Trump won the election
the russian collusion investigation ..the separation of illegals at the border...spying on american citizens ALL DONE BY THE DEMOCRATS AND DNC

a little research into what is really going on would do wonders for you..instead of listening to a biased media ..(who btw always use unnamed sources)..and their STOP TRUMP AGENDA

the questions being asked are more about her credibility than Kavanaugh's character
Supreme Court Justices are independent..it is the democrats and the fake media that are politicizing it
NOT the Supreme Court judges

not one of the 65 women who have come to Kavanaugh's defense have backed down
the left are losing their FECKING minds

My apology, there is no INVESTIGASTION, just a hold up on the vote until the system knows for sure if he is innocent or guilty. Personally I think she left it a decade or 3 too long to bring the complaint. It’s out there now just like it is for several other well known males whose morals have been brought into question.

Sort of like when Donald Trump said he is so famous he can grab a woman by her genitalia and she’s happy he did.

No investigation.

Just having a look to see if he is guilty or innocent after more testimonies are given.

squirt

Administrator
What are you worried about ?

If the Democrats win the Senate they may want a Democrat to be appointed as a Judge ?

Aren’t all legal Judges required to be impartial ?
I'm worried about the precedent it sets, that any woman can come forward and make an unsubstantiated claim against any man, and tarnish his reputation for the rest of his life
if you set this case aside from the Supreme Court element of it, she'd be laughed out of court
the statute of limitations ran out a LONG time ago, NO law enforcement agency would investigate this

to say that ALL women should be believed is ridiculous, we KNOW women are vindictive, some women would do anything for money, others would do anything for revenge, the assumption that the woman is always right is quite wrong!