innocent until proven guilty?

Flynn

No verdict yet, lots of crying by BOTH contestants in this search and destroy political fight though.

What’s the point in Kavanaugh going on ?

Quote Kavanaugh

"My family and my name have been totally and permanently destroyed," Kavanaugh said in his opening remarks. "This confirmation process has become a national disgrace … you have replaced advice and consent with search and destroy."

In other words he knows that there will always be a continuing barrage of accusations about Kavanaugh drugging his victims before he sexually assaulted them.

Flynn

Kavanaugh’s Name has been permanently destroyed, surely there is another extreme right wing judge in the USA who the Republicans can replace him with.

Let’s face it, what’s going on is the Republicans want to stack the Supreme Court with Right Wing White Christians to uphold their interpretation of the law.

The Democrats would do the same.

What happened to blind justice in the USA ?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Facts are.

Kavanaugh is under investigation for drugging and sexually interfering with his victims.

The newspaper article I posted made no such judgement, you should go read it to improve your knowledge on this trial.

Believe it or not, Canada is still part of the Commonwealth. Australia is no way governed by the Queen. England is not governed by the Queen, you should really do fact checks before making a fool of yourself.

You appear to know very little about world politics.
it was a hearing not an investigation..it was not in a court it was in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee

Canada is part of the commonwealth..i never said it wasnt ..i said we made the queen null and void
she has been since Brian Mulroney was PM
as for your other attacks on me personally..my response and last response is I WILL PRAY FOR YOU

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Woman Paid $8.4 Million To Army Col. After Sex Assault Allegations Blown Apart
In a time where everyone is caught up in the drama surrounding the sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, a soldier, whose career ended prematurely due to similar allegations, has decided to raise his voice by telling everyone that accusations and the truth aren’t the same thing.
Will Riggins, who was an Army Colonel back in 2013, was accused of raping Susan Shannon, who decided to share the alleged incident on her blog, in the midst of his nomination for general. In her blog, she claimed that Riggins raped her at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point back in 1986.

As a result, Riggins’ promotion was abolished but, four years after, Riggins was given $8.4 million in damages after a judge heard Riggins’ suit against Susan Shannon.
Thus, Riggins has decided to use his Twitter account to tell people that despite what the accuser claims, regarding the sexual misconduct allegations made against Kavanaugh, jumping to conclusions isn’t the desired approach. What’s more, it seemed that his method of putting things into perspective worked, as many have retweeted his posts.

Riggins also explained that he suffered irreparable damage, even though the claims were false and he was exonerated in the end.
This journey we’ve been on the last four years,” Riggins said, “it’s been a nightmare. … The large dollar amount is meaningless. All I was looking for was the opportunity to be vindicated, to set the record straight, to take every action to get my reputation back to where it was before the 15th of July, when she published that false accusation.”
Shannon, who resigned from West Point in 1986, never backed down regarding her accusations and still claims that Riggins raped her back then.
She told WJLA: “Frankly the day I started saying his name was the day I started blaming him instead of myself.”
Be that as it may, she still deleted the posts in which she accused Rigging of sexual misconduct.
Riggins did admit having a sexual encounter with Shannon in 1983, the year she started working at West Point, and added that they weren’t in a relationship and that they stopped seeing each other afterwards.
“Everything in that blog post was provably false and could not have happened,” said Riggins’s lawyer, Stephen Horvath, adding that this is why they were able to win the case in the first place.
Riggins explained that he fought back not only for his own sake but to get a message across as well.
“This will discourage other false accusations but would not discourage legitimate accusations of sexual assault,” he said.

squirt

Administrator
Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Chuck Grassley has requested a criminal investigation against a man who made an utterly discredited rape accusation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh — and the penalty could be severe.

Interview transcripts between Kavanaugh and the Judiciary Committee from Tuesday revealed a bizarre accusation made against Kavanaugh.

“A Rhode Island man named (redacted) recently called Senator Whitehouse’s office making allegations concerning a rape on a boat in August of 1985,” the interviewer told Kavanaugh, referring to Rhode Island Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse.

The caller reported “that early on a Sunday morning in August of 1985, a close acquaintance of the constituent was sexually assaulted by two heavily inebriated men she referred to at the time as Brett and Mark.”

Of course, Kavanaugh firmly denied the allegation.

“I was not in Newport, haven’t been on a boat in Newport. Not with Mark Judge on a boat, nor all those three things combined. This is just completely made up, or at least not me. I don’t know what they’re referring to,” Kavanaugh said.

Twitter user JeffreyCatala16 was identified as the person who made the claim. After being discovered, he admitted the allegation was incorrect and recanted his statements.

Any research on the part of Whitehouse’s staff could have shown that the accuser is a rabid, anti-Trump left-wing lunatic.

For example, the accuser once suggested that the military should overthrow the U.S. government.

This left-wing liar could now face prison time for his baseless story.

Grassley sent a letter to the Department of Justice and the FBI expressing his frustration with the hoax.

“When individuals provide fabricated allegations to the Committee, diverting Committee resources during time-sensitive investigations, it materially impedes our work,” Grassley wrote.

Grassley cited potential violations of “18 U.S.C. §§ 1001 and 1505.” According to Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute, section 1001 (false statements) and section 1505 (obstructing an investigation) both carry sentences up to five years, meaning the accuser could face up to 10 years in prison.

The chairman then urged the DOJ and FBI to give his referral their attention.

“Accordingly, in light of the seriousness of these facts, and the threat these types of actions pose to the Committee’s ability to perform its constitutional duties, I hope you will give this referral the utmost consideration.”

False rape accusations are not a joke.

Those who knowingly make such false accusations should be punished.

squirt

Administrator
1. In a supplemental background check the witnesses involved will be interviewed. All have agreed to cooperate fully. They will answer the questions asked, and in all likelihood give the same answers they’ve already given under oath and under penalty of felony perjury if their answers differ from what they previously said.

2. The FBI (will for the second time) along with Maryland authorities, as well as every prosecutor that has looked at this evidence admit there is no felony/federal jurisdiction here.

3. After the Democratic Party attempted to have Kavanaugh arrested on Saturday, Maryland officials reiterated their findings that by their standards, the worst charges possible, would carry with them a one year statute of limitations.

4. Additional prosecutors are on the record citing the evidence as insufficient to even merit a basis for a search warrant—much less an arrest.

5. What all of the law enforcement bodies continue to point to is lack of a time and place. And while the accuser is 100% sure that something happened. The accused and 3 witnesses are 100% sure they were not witness to any event resembling its description.

6. The FBI will also highlight greater amounts of exculpatory evidence against Dr. Ford. Her “fear” of flying, her “misremembering” her 100% clear account at the mysterious Safeway “second door” (it only had one,) her complete inability to figure out how she got to or from the “incident,” and the continued refutation by her best friend that such a gathering occurred with her present is likely the tip of the iceberg.

7. Therapy notes will likely be required to be turned over. Why they were not turned over to the Senate Judiciary is inexplicable especially since she uses that as “corroboration” of her first “telling” of the mysterious incident.

8. Dr. Ford’s own family—not a one—was capable of coming to her support for this dreadful season. Why weren’t they? The FBI may need to ask given that she was living with her parents at the time.

9. The FBI may also need to probe possible motives for Dr. Ford. Her work on RU-486 (the abortion pill) would certainly be in jeopardy if he is named to the court. Her five go-fund-me accounts with alleged links to Soros and a now blossoming $1 million dollar surplus were established why? To pay her pro-bono lawyers? (Remember it was her lawyers that testified they were pro-bono — if it turns out a Democratic staffer is paying them then they committed perjury.) Are the go-fund-me crowdsourcing efforts really a way to pay off a witness for coming before a Senate committee (in itself a felony crime?)

10. The FBI may very well uncover a coordinated effort between the Senate staffer who leaked Dr Ford’s name (against her wishes,) the law firm recommended by the ranking member, and the links to others making accusations.

By Saturday midday, Judiciary Democrats, with the investigation having not even been underway for a full twenty-four hours were already attempting to undermine the validity and reliability of its efforts.

Simultaneously Mitch McConnell tweeted a short clip of his floor speech from late Friday. In it he made crystal clear that “all fifty-one” republicans were in agreement in moving forward with the scheduled vote. “All fifty-one,” he reiterated.

squirt

Administrator
well ... how 'bout them apples ... the Republicans FINALLY grew a pair! lol

one of voters' main issues with Republicans has been their inability to work together to make things happen
this time, it was different, this time, they stood as one against a vile and vicious left wing assault on the very foundations of this country, like the presumption of innocence! there was one hold out, but she chose to do no harm either by adding to the no votes, she abstained from voting

he is no longer Judge Kavanaugh ... welcome to the Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh!!!

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i just pray that all americans of legal voting status and with some common sense left have seen what the demonrats will do to stop Trump and
try to regain power

congrats to Justice Kavanaugh

I hope he turns up sober and is able to give unbiased opinions.
you DO realize he served for 12 distinguished years on the D.C. circuit court of appeals BEFORE being nominated for the Supreme Court?
if he had a drinking problem, it would have been discovered LONG before now
and what about 7 FBI investigations into his background? the FIRST question they ask is if there's any knowledge of an alcohol problem
not to mention he's already been through a confirmation to get to be a judge, and one to get to be a circuit judge

the idea that he has a drinking problem is ridiculous!

The tenure of Justice Brett Kavanaugh is officially underway as of today, and a number of his allies are noting that he's already making a mark on the professional culture of the high court. Throughout his exceptionally turbulent confirmation process, Kavanaugh touted his long history of empowering women in the workplace, pointing out how he's actually practiced what so many others preach. After weeks of being painted as an existential threat to women's rights and, indeed, a serial predator, the newly-minuted justice made history by bringing on SCOTUS' first ever all-female slate of law clerks. Even the New York Times couldn't help but notice.

Flynn

Justice is not blind when the court is manipulated by a right wing agenda.
Justice is not impartial when a judge is selected by the political persuasion of the current elected government.

Kavanaugh said it himself, his name has been tarnished by this tawdry affair and people will not forget, they wont forgive him either. Nationally and internationally by a large section of the community, forever more he will be remembered as a womanising drunk.

Attachments

they're ALL selected that way

I think you should be using the word "some"
because "some" of us believe it was all a sham, a set up, a paid performance, and you can bet they'll be watching Dr Ford very carefully to see if her lifestyle has some expensive improvements
and "some" of us believe in innocent until proven guilty, and Justice Kavanaugh was NOT proven guilty, in fact, he was cleared by lack of corroborating evidence

and still "some* more of us believe that one ALLEGED action of a 17 y/o should not erase 36 years of an exemplary life, testified to and about by literally hundreds of eye witnesses