innocent until proven guilty?

squirt

Administrator
The latest in a long string of hate-crime hoaxes comes from Ohio, where a woman claimed she received death threats — only for police to discover she sent the threats to herself.
Anna Ayers, a journalism major and a member of the Student Senate at Ohio University, claimed she found two of the threatening notes — one of which contained a death threat — in her desk drawer at her office in the Student Senate Office. She said she also found a “hateful, harassing” message at her residence that used a derogatory term in reference to her being a member of the LGBT community, according to the student newspaper The Post Athens.

Ayers was also on the Post’s publishing board and a former columnist.

On Monday, Ayers was arrested by OU police for sending the threats to herself. She was charged with making three false reports to police. A false report of this nature is considered a first-degree misdemeanor. She faces a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for each charge. Considering how previous hate-crime hoaxes have been treated, she won’t receive anything close to that.

SOME people lie ... and SOMETIMES those people are women ... this is WHY we rely on EVIDENCE

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
A male student at the University of California-Davis shelled out roughly $12,000 in legal defense after a female student he had a consensual sexual encounter with later changed her mind about the nature of his actions.
According to an in-depth report from Reason magazine, statements from both students (pseudonymously known as James and Becky) describing the interaction indicate that they engaged in light consensual sexual touching and kissing in October of 2017.

“In James’s view, the encounter had not only been fully consensual, it was also mutual: Becky bore just as much responsibility for initiating it as James. And, as Becky would later make clear to the investigator, she had also touched him sexually—she explicitly described her own actions in her official statement,” notes Reason.
But in February of 2018, James received an email from a Title IX compliance officer informing him that he would be investigated for possibly violating the school’s sexual assault and sexual violence policies; a guilty finding could lead to James being suspended or expelled.
Becky had apparently changed her mind about the encounter and filed a complaint, alleging the freshmen touched her “on her breasts and buttocks over and under her clothing without her consent.”
Notably, James’ lawyer argued that Becky’s statement, which he categorized as more damaging to her than his client, did not so much as even allege any misconduct.
“[Becky’s] account of the incident as set forth in the summary of her investigative interviews does not, on its face, allege any ‘act of Prohibited Conduct,'” the attorney wrote in a letter to UC-Davis’s Title IX coordinator Wendi Delmendo. “Even if everything [Becky] alleges is true, my client clearly did nothing wrong and did not engage in Prohibited Conduct.”
But that didn’t matter.
In accordance with Obama-era guidance, the investigation lasted until May 1, 2018,when James was finally found innocent, after his family had paid some $12,000 in legal defense fees and his life had been tuned upside down.
“We’re not a rich family, so that made a sizeable debt,” James told Reason. “Tuition for UC-Davis is around $16,000 a year. This was almost another year of college.”
As noted by Reason’s Robby Soave, the process, in one sense, “worked,” since James was rightly found innocent. “But if this was an example of the process working, it’s quite a curious one,” argues Soave. “University administrators spent weeks investigating the matter. It cost James’ family thousands of dollars. And it caused James tremendous emotional stress.”
James is just another example of the harm the excesses of the perhaps well-intentioned #MeToo movement can enable.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Her supporters said “she has nothing to gain,” but less than one week after Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court, his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, has already been nominated by her alma mater for a distinguished alumna award. Predictably, the reason is her “speaking truth to power.”
The Washington Times reports that the woman who accused Judge Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a pool party 36 years ago without providing a single witness for corroboration is “being pushed for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Distinguished Alumna Award because she was ‘speaking truth to power'” at her hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This “speaking truth to power” line has been spoken in reference to Anita Hill, the woman who accused SCOTUS Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment back in 1991; Hill has now had an HBO movie and a documentary glorify her testimony.
In her letter nominating Dr. Ford, Jennifer Ho, a professor of English at UNC, said the former alumna’s testimony “was something that was extraordinary in how ordinary it was: she told the truth about a sexual assault she experienced when she was fifteen years old at the hands of Judge Brett Kavanaugh.”
“Dr. Blasey Ford giving her testimony, speaking truth to power, was an inspiration for so many of us,” the letter continued. “Her accomplishment is to be an alumna of integrity, who despite great personal cost to herself and her family told her story of her sexual assault and emboldened others to also find the courage to speak out against injustice.”
Jennifer Ho stressed that her nomination of Christine Blasey Ford was based solely on her testimony, not partisanship.
“There may be people reading this nomination letter who will take issue with Dr. Blasey Ford’s testimony or who may see this letter as an example of partisan politics,” the letter says. “But this letter nominating Dr. Blasey Ford is not about partisan politics: it is about recognizing that the simple act of speaking one’s truth, especially when that truth involves sexual assault, is an act of bravery. We live in a society that does not believe women.”
In the 25-plus years since her testimony, Anita Hill has garnered an impressive array of awards and honors that leftists have gleefully tripped over themselves to bequeath her with.

the lies of the left just keep on coming...truth my ass..she lied and committed perjury..it time for her and all those false accusers to be awarded
properly..with felony charges and extended jail time

Flynn

Squirt did you read the part where I quoted Judge Kavanaugh stating that his reputation has been tarnished FOREVER by the accusations he is a woman drunk.
I believe evryone should get a second chance once they have atoned for their sins.
Part of that is acknowledging you got shit face drunk in a fraternity College. Same time of those allegations about him, I was probably doing the things at University that he says doesn’t happen in a College Dorm.
The USA is so far advanced than Australia we used to imitate the beer bongs we read and heard about that were happening in the USA through the uni grape vine at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

squirt

Administrator
YOU have no way of knowing if he's atoned for his supposed sins or not, that's between him and God
you also have no way of knowing whether or not he got shit faced in college, those who did know him in college say that's not the Brett they knew
what I heard Brett Kavanaugh say with my own ears was that he's a sunny side of the mountain kind of guy, he doesn't look back at the day that was, he looks to the day ahead

he's got AWESOME friends, great kids, and we're to know them by their fruits ♥

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
YOU have no way of knowing if he's atoned for his supposed sins or not, that's between him and God
you also have no way of knowing whether or not he got shit faced in college, those who did know him in college say that's not the Brett they knew
what I heard Brett Kavanaugh say with my own ears was that he's a sunny side of the mountain kind of guy, he doesn't look back at the day that was, he looks to the day ahead

its pretty hard to atone for sins he didnt commit..her on the other hand has perjured herself..she has coached people on lie detectors...eyewitness report that was there when it happened and his story has been confirmed by many sources..including the woman she coached..strange the LSM has not spoken a word of this..it is time to do a full investigation into her testimony and hang the bitch

Flynn

You gave me the response I wanted, thanks.

Neither you or I know for sure that Kavanaugh in his younger days was a womanising drunk.

His name is tarnished with that brush for life.

Now I don’t care if he is guilty or innocent, the mud was thrown, he didn’t handle the situation with dignity and poise he lost the plot and spat the dummy on International television.

a lot of us think he handled the situation appropriately, as anybody who was innocent would
he was being called a gang rapist on national TV without a single shred of evidence
it made me mad, and it wasn't even me!

they said that about Clarence Thomas too, that there would always be an asterisk beside his name, yet Justice Thomas has gone on to serve for many distinguished years ♥

In confirming Judge Kavanaugh, the Senate has confirmed a good man with an impeccable record of honoring the U.S. Constitution. Judge Kavanaugh’s record shows him to be a believer in the rule of law, and I believe he will serve the American people with distinction.

We are grateful that a majority of the Senate rejected the leftist smears, abuse of process, and rejection of constitutional norms. Now there must be accountability for this lawless assault on our constitutional republic. We have launched an investigation into the Senate ethics and legal abuses by anti-Kavanaugh senators. And we will continue to pursue our Senate ethics complaint against Sen. Booker for his admitted violation of Senate rules, the violation of which requires expulsion from the Senate.

Justice for Justice Kavanaugh and our fight to uphold the rule of law has only just begun.

Judicial Watch

Flynn

Squirt

You really have missed the point.

There are Republican Judges out there who would not bring the same shame to the office that Kavanaugh has.

Kavanaugh has said it himself, he is smeared with these allegations for life.

When I look a how many Senators voted against him I, he got in by 2 votes it’s not an overwhelming majority. Judges elected to the Supreme Court of any country should not be based purely on their political affiliation. If that’s the best you’ve got then I really feel sorry for the USA.

Then the system lets Judges stay there for life, giving them parity to Kings, Queens and Popes even if they have the mental faculty of a house brick.

squirt

Administrator
no, I haven't, I disagree, I don't believe Justice Kavanaugh brought shame to anything
I believe his life is the best testimony against the charges made against him
the 2 don't reconcile, it makes no sense that hundreds of people testified to his character and only one against, and that should seal his fate, that one unsubstantiated accusation
they actually had a vote to spare, one Senator didn't have to leave his daughter's wedding to get Justice Kavanaugh confirmed
the vote was totally along party lines, and I am GLAD the Democrats didn't get rewarded for the injustice they tried to pull

Justice Kavanaugh IS among the very best of the best, and no uncorroborated accusation can EVER take that away from him, the USA is blessed to have him on our Supreme Court, we don't need your pity, thanks! flowerforyou.gif

Flynn

Squirt

There are enough Republican Senators who disagree with you to make his claim of innocence SMELL.

So bottom line is there is no independent Judge who pleases both sides of the political debate to get the job. Some of the Judges on that panel you’d need a cattle prod to either wake them up or use it as a defibrillator to jump start their heart’s if they actually have hearts that is. Bit of electric shock therapy would probably do them good.

you mean all one of them?! there was only one defector, Murkowski of Alaska, and she didn't vote for or against ... ALL the rest voted FOR Kavanaugh, with the exception of the one at the wedding, and he would've if he'd been needed
and one Democrat voted FOR Kavanaugh

I reckon it all depends on what's already in your nose as to whether that smell stinks to you or not
validated innocence smells good to me

it's false accusations that stink!

Last edited:
It is beginning to become apparent that the vicious assault on Justice Kavanaugh has hurt the Democratic Party. Polling says some tight Senate races as in Tennessee and Texas are no longer “pick ems” with Republicans Marsha Blackburn and Ted Cruz respectively building significant leads.

In House races, where Dems were supremely confident, the poll numbers show the GOP picking up steam.

The media is full of angst over this because it largely backed the play against Kavanaugh, apparently believing that independent Americans would approve of destroying a man and his family. Another gross miscalculation by the journalism industry which has obliterated its credibility with many Americans.

Bill O'Reilly

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
you mean all one of them?! there was only one defector, Murkowski of Alaska, and she didn't vote for or against ... ALL the rest voted FOR Kavanaugh, with the exception of the one at the wedding, and he would've if he'd been needed
and one Democrat voted FOR Kavanaugh

I reckon it all depends on what's already in your nose as to whether that smell stinks to you or not
validated innocence smells good to me

it's false accusations that stink!
some people have their heads stuck so far up their own asses stink is all they know..those of us who know what is really going on and
see the real world know what is going on in the demonrat camp...we see right through that shit they are spewing...i find it so funny that they
think we dont see their BS

false accusations range fron 5-10% world wide according to the data
IMO 0.01% is too many
False accusation of rape - Wikipedia