Interesting Quotes

squirt

Administrator
"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand." - Mark Twain

"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road." - Henry Ward Beecher

"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry." - Cat Stevens

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut

squirt

Administrator
"For despair, optimism is the only practical solution." - Harry Nilsson

"Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress". Nicholas M. Butler

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell

squirt

Administrator
It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. ~Dale Carnegie

squirt

Administrator
You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~ Ruth Smeltzer

squirt

Administrator
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children … to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better … to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived ... this is to have succeeded!
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

squirt

Administrator
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all
~ Emily Dickinson

squirt

Administrator
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
~ John Wooden

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
"He who slings mud generally loses ground." ...Adlai Stevenson

"If you can't be kind, at least be vague." ...Judith Manners ...

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
-- Howard Hathaway Aiken

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains of the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service.
-- Steve Jobs

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
A sex-symbol becomes a thing, I just hate being a thing. But if I'm going to be a symbol of something I'd rather have it [be] sex than some other things we've got symbols of.
-- Marilyn Monroe