It says, Tell us about yourself, so here goes

squirt

Administrator
3 outta' 4 ain't bad lol

Istvan

I can understand that jokes are very local, in fact many years ago I applied for the job of German State Comedian, but I couldn't remember the other joke

Bamber

Super Moderator
so Bamber are you a Janner then?
Shakespearean. Although from closer to Coventry than Stratford I was born in the Forest of Arden. Spent the first 29 years of my life nomadic (Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Worcestershire, West Midlands: my family moved about a lot). Came to Devon in 86 and stayed, although I've moved a few time here too, from the south coast to the north and back.

Last edited:

kipper

Super Moderator
well never mind, I don't get cricket or Keith Lemon

Friggin Philistine!!! Call yourself and Englishman and don't understand cricket????...It's simples as explained below

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Now understanding Keith Lemon is a completely different ball game

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well I don't understand Keith Lemon as (truly) I have never heard of him until now. Does he have friends called Michael Loganberry and Simon Pomegranate?

Last edited:

Istvan

Kipper; Actually I am Hungarian, but thank you for your guide to cricketing, I was sent to the UK as a Kinder Transport during the Great Patriotic War.
Here I was fostered and the foster parents like Bamber's parents we also moved often, from one rented property usually at night while no one was looking from each rented property.
As a child here few people could understand me, but then few people spoke Hungarian, but things changed when I went to nursery, I still remember my first day there, waiting among the scrub and bushes after my foster mother had drop me off, later I went to another nursery, one with other children.
Bamber; never heard of Kieth Lemmon, aren't you the lucky one, I sure that man of us wish that we could say the same.

kipper

Super Moderator
Kipper; Actually I am Hungarian, but thank you for your guide to cricketing, I was sent to the UK as a Kinder Transport during the Great Patriotic War.
Here I was fostered and the foster parents like Bamber's parents we also moved often, from one rented property usually at night while no one was looking from each rented property.
As a child here few people could understand me, but then few people spoke Hungarian, but things changed when I went to nursery, I still remember my first day there, waiting among the scrub and bushes after my foster mother had drop me off, later I went to another nursery, one with other children.
Bamber; never heard of Kieth Lemmon, aren't you the lucky one, I sure that man of us wish that we could say the same.

Small world, I was a kinder Transport driver during the great womble war, then I was debagged and demobbed and became a kinder Crane driver (big birds that they are) on the docks, I got fired from there for fishing in the docks with Dynamite. I became kinder out of work then and became a kinder lazy bastard doing sod all and found I was good at it of which I've kinder spent the rest of my life doing. I think I've met your Foster parents many times over the years by the way, here's a photo of them...

squirt

Administrator
it's a lot different from what you remember, just holler if you need help with anything 1hug.gif