Jokeroo is Under Attack

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I'm reporting some pretty bad news. For the past 24 hours Jokeroo has been under a full scale hacking attack. These hackers seem to be very persistent. Just as we thought we eliminated them earlier this afternoon, they came back later in the evening to cause more havoc. Once again, we feel that we have stopped them from injecting their malicious code into our website and are taking every precaution to prevent this from happening in the future.

For the next few days we ask that everyone keep a close eye on any suspicious activity and please report it here immediately if you run into anything.

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE JUNE 12th @ 2:25 AM EST: Malicious hackers have been locked out of the servers and all malicious code has been removed. Stay tuned for further updates on the matter.

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
Will do..........call me the spam patrol!!!!! Thanks for staying on top of the situation....we love our roo and feel very safe here...and I suspect with our wonderful crew working on it, it will stay that way....:kisses:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
My anti viris picks up the slightest bug,i will let you know.....everything is ok now.

Crudebug

[QUOTE="konifur, post: 3693988]My anti viris picks up the slightest bug,>>>>>.[/QUOTE]
even a Crude one? :hiding:

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I think my ani-virus is Ok to ... yesterday I went to click into the Roo through the latest Newsletter [having already done so a few times since it was first posted]...and my system came up with a red warning that the page was contaminated and not to continue... so good for you Roo boys in working so hard to clearing these bastards [Oooops can I use that word here, outside PG]... but sadly I does just prove how important it is to have your computer protected as best as you can as well.

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE JUNE 12th @ 10:53 AM EST: Nothing suspicious has been reported. Everything is stable and running smoothly.

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
My Norton's didn't go crazy,didn't even go off today,before or after I signed in - so it looks like you did it.

Great job Jokeroo Team :clap:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 3694231]I think my ani-virus is Ok to ... yesterday I went to click into the Roo through the latest Newsletter [having already done so a few times since it was first posted]...and my system came up with a red warning that the page was contaminated and not to continue... so good for you Roo boys in working so hard to clearing these bastards [Oooops can I use that word here, outside PG]... but sadly I does just prove how important it is to have your computer protected as best as you can as well. [/QUOTE]

That is google chrome site analyser and not your anti virus.

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Just Debbie, post: 3694316]My Norton's didn't go crazy,didn't even go off today,before or after I signed in - so it looks like you did it.

Great job Jokeroo Team :clap:[/QUOTE]

Not quite.

kipper

Super Moderator
I have pinged the IP address and it is still active, so he is still around somewhere.

Tokentoo

And I am bringing this into this thread also... have we heard anything on this yet?

[jimg]esr4/z3/q/K/O/c/a.aaa.jpg[/jimg]

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="Tokentoo, post: 3694549]And I am bringing this into this thread also... have we heard anything on this yet?

[jimg]esr4/z3/q/K/O/c/a.aaa.jpg[/jimg][/QUOTE]

not yet, but that is mentioned in the email I sent to Wojjie and I linked him to the screen shots in "virus" thread in Talk to the Team