Jokeroo Upgraded to latest Vbulletin

squirt

Administrator
you lose a lot of brackets when you post, these things: [ ]

those tell the Roo that it's a command, gotta get the commands right :flowerforyou:

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I have said a few times in the clubhouse when i have been on the NSBAPOI wine.
:get ya tits oot:
But no one ever has, so that command never works.
:happyxmas:

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4969394]I no longer appear to be getting e-mail notifications of activity in subscribed threads. I checked my settings and they don't seem to have changed.

Ooh, hang on, there's a new activity centre on my profile where I can see notifications. I think I prefer that to getting e-mails.

Still not getting e-mail notifications of private messages though.
[/QUOTE]
As of 80 minutes ago, I'm getting e-mail notifications again. :clap:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
OK figured it out and disabled the ad block on jokeroo now I can see them. It's no big deal just a little one next to some of the posts and one on the top of each page. Ha, I can live with that.

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
I don't if one has to do with another but I miss the "like" button. It was a nice way to let people know you like
something without having to comment on everything you like.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
:like2::like: I agree with you, this way is a good substitute but inconvenient when you want to go back a few post, you can't give a like unless you click on their "Quote this message" button..

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
:likeall::like2:
I have always said we need a like button as some Mods are totally against it.
The main reason is ,as you know i have a fair few different characters i use for my funnies ( this includes Brilor who also uses these characters. In which i thank him for help keeping them alive)I like to know just by the like button if it`s worth continuing with or are people sick of seeing them.If so i can stop and think of some new ones.
IT`s great that people put LIKE as i have above, but the problem with that it fills my email up with just likes rather than people's responses to the posts.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Unfortunately, if I understand what we have been told, the plug-in code which allowed the "like" option was one of the things attacked by the hacker; just reintroducing it will leave the boards vulnerable to the same attack again.

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4975212]​:crying: That is a bloody shame.Hackers should be shot at dawn.[/QUOTE]
agree with Koni ! shoot them now!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I am at the point to reinstate the ad blocker back on this site it's really getting old to see the adds on every other post. And also blocking half of the videos too as to where you cannot see all of the video.
There must be another way where I can help out jokeroo?

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4975202]Unfortunately, if I understand what we have been told, the plug-in code which allowed the "like" option was one of the things attacked by the hacker; just reintroducing it will leave the boards vulnerable to the same attack again.[/QUOTE]

Phil ~ I'm an artist [well of sorts] and I know nothing of the working of computers and anything else that goes into them, whereas you do ~ without Kip helping me over the last couple of years or so, I wouldn't have the tools to produce the work I do, not just here on the Roo ~ but so much more outside in restoring old black and white images etc....BUT, even I can't understand why a plug-in cannot be put in place to allow members to click 'like' when they see a post ~ I'm sure that there is a perfectly good reason for it ~ but in this age of ever changing technology I find it strange.

squirt

Administrator
the LIKE button wasn't the only plug in we lost, we had a spammer blocker that would run IP's against the spammer database and block registration for those with multiple entries there, and when I asked about getting it back, I was told that the plug ins were the problem, no further explanation was given

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="konifur, post: 4975193]:likeall::like2:
I have always said we need a like button as some Mods are totally against it.
The main reason is ,as you know i have a fair few different characters i use for my funnies ( this includes Brilor who also uses these characters. In which i thank him for help keeping them alive)I like to know just by the like button if it`s worth continuing with or are people sick of seeing them.If so i can stop and think of some new ones.
IT`s great that people put LIKE as i have above, but the problem with that it fills my email up with just likes rather than people's responses to the posts.[/QUOTE]

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
well like RL you all know I don't know shinola about computers but why not make it a "good" or "great" plug in and the spammer can keep the "like" button,, wouldn't that work as it would be a different code right?? just :thinking: out loud again :snigger: