Krazy Kalifornia

squirt

Administrator
you act like there's no thread making fun of Texas ... there is, and I'm the one that started it (7 years ago) lol
the point is that California has gone off the deep end, and it's okay if you don't feel that way, and it's okay if we do

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Yep there is a Texas thread in the funny section which is for funnies
this thread is in a political section I'm just pointing out to Tsalagi that all states
have 'stuff' I just don't get all the hate for it and how much the world has changed
this past year. I know its okay to have opinions I was just stating mine. Like you said
not everyone has to agree with everyone its why its call politics.

squirt

Administrator
I don't get where you're seeing hate?
I read back through here, all I see is statements, no condemnation, no insults, no hatred
I love California, spent 4 years living out there, but it's not the state it was then
I did miss that the thread was in Domestic Policy, I thought it was in Political Humor

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I guess if it will be the laughing stock of the country I interpreted that as it will be hated
All the comments on dumb laws every state has them and they are all funny there should
be a dumb law thread then. This thread seems to get more and more ‘out there’ I know Calif
Is going to drop into the ocean or a huge earthquake will swallow it up I guess I just don’t
understand the point It is what it is... I’ll be the first to post a funny about it and I’m not knocking
Texas just pointing out to Tsalagi every state has those weird laws. I’ll go on my merry way now.

squirt

Administrator
those words weren't T's ... evidenced by the quotation marks around the statement

The term "laughing stock" refers to a person, thing or situation that is ridiculed. This term, which also might be written as "laughingstock" or "laughing-stock," can refer to a single person, a group of people or an intangible idea or element. Although the exact origin of this term is unknown, it is believed to have been derived from the stocks in which petty criminals were placed to be subjected to public ridicule.

does ridicule equal hatred? I suppose it could, it all depends on intent, and the intent of this thread is not to ridicule, it's to highlight

this thread is not about dumb laws, it's about how "out there" California is getting
for example: they have 3 different plans for the state going simultaneously: to secede, to split into 2 states, and to split into 3 states
if you don't think that's funny, I'm sorry, but I do! lol

Tsalagi

If you look, you will see that most of these laws in Texas or elsewhere are from the 1800s or early 1900s. Unfortunately, Moonbeam Brown and his associates are passing these Kooky laws in the mid-20 teens. It's as if there is a huge pot farm in the State Capitol building!

Tsalagi

No more free popcorn!
While closely associated with movie theaters, popcorn is also tightly linked to neighborhood purveyors of hammers and screwdrivers. The connection is seen in shops from Cambridge, Mass. (Tags Ace Hardware) to Lakeside (Payton’s True Value Hardware).

“The little kids get a kick out of it,” said Dianne El-Hajj, co-owner of Payton’s, where the free treat has been a staple since 1997. “They come in for the popcorn and dad comes in for the tools.”

The county Department of Environmental Health, for its part, has a long tradition of cracking down on these scofflaws. Three years ago, inspectors cited Encinitas’ Crown Ace Hardware and San Carlos True Value Hardware.

“The Health Department came in,” said San Carlos True Value manager Danielle Matheny, “and told us if we wanted to continue giving away free popcorn and coffee we’d have to install a bigger vent system, a bigger and better sink in the break room — a lot of rules and restrictions they put on us.”

In both Encinitas and San Carlos, the stores dropped the practice. Inspectors so far have ignored Payton’s, but El-Hajj figures it’s just a matter of time.

“I feel sad,” she said, “that some of the old traditions we have become so regulated.”

squirt

Administrator
they got approval to put the 3 state solution on the November ballot
wonder what that does to the other 2 *resolutions* hmm.gif

Tsalagi

The California city that was home to 1960s radicals and known for excessively liberal politics declared a “climate emergency” on Tuesday evening, backing policies to “humanely stabilize” the human population.
The Berkeley City Council unanimously voted to mobilize other California governments “to initiate a just local, state, national, and global climate emergency mobilization to restore a safe climate.”
The council’s resolution, introduced by Council Member Cheryl Davila, warned that man-made global warming was “driving a global fresh water scarcity crisis and the sixth mass extinction of species, which could devastate much of life on earth for the next 10 million years.” The resolution calls for a World War II-level mobilization effort to fight global warming.
Davila’s resolution claims, “The community of Berkeley and surrounding counties, despite well-meaning efforts, have disproportionately contributed to dangerous greenhouse gas emissions and thus must substantially curtail use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions on behalf of the larger planetary community to enable a rapid, just transition to a stable climate.”
“Reversing global warming and restoring a safe and stable climate requires an emergency mobilization to reach zero greenhouse gas emissions across all sectors at wartime speed, to rapidly and safely drawdown or remove all the excess carbon from the atmosphere, and to implement safe measures to protect all people and species from the consequences of abrupt warming in the near-term,” the resolution claims.
To accomplish this, “requires an effort to preserve and restore half Earth’s biodiversity in interconnected wildlife corridors and to humanely stabilize population,” the resolution claims.
Davila’s resolution also calls for “a shift toward a climate-resilient society and culture that prioritize conservation, community, and mutual aid over consumerism and narcissism.”
The resolution’s main goal is to become a “carbon sink” by 2030, meaning Berkeley would emit net negative greenhouse gas emissions by that time.
Environmental activists were thrilled with Berkeley’s decision to declare a “climate emergency.” Writer Eric Holthaus tweeted it “sets the new standard for what those of us with means should be striving for at this critical moment in Earth history.”

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
The California city that was home to 1960s radicals and known for excessively liberal politics declared a “climate emergency” on Tuesday evening, backing policies to “humanely stabilize” the human population.
The Berkeley City Council unanimously voted to mobilize other California governments “to initiate a just local, state, national, and global climate emergency mobilization to restore a safe climate.”
The council’s resolution, introduced by Council Member Cheryl Davila, warned that man-made global warming was “driving a global fresh water scarcity crisis and the sixth mass extinction of species, which could devastate much of life on earth for the next 10 million years.” The resolution calls for a World War II-level mobilization effort to fight global warming.
Davila’s resolution claims, “The community of Berkeley and surrounding counties, despite well-meaning efforts, have disproportionately contributed to dangerous greenhouse gas emissions and thus must substantially curtail use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions on behalf of the larger planetary community to enable a rapid, just transition to a stable climate.”
“Reversing global warming and restoring a safe and stable climate requires an emergency mobilization to reach zero greenhouse gas emissions across all sectors at wartime speed, to rapidly and safely drawdown or remove all the excess carbon from the atmosphere, and to implement safe measures to protect all people and species from the consequences of abrupt warming in the near-term,” the resolution claims.
To accomplish this, “requires an effort to preserve and restore half Earth’s biodiversity in interconnected wildlife corridors and to humanely stabilize population,” the resolution claims.
Davila’s resolution also calls for “a shift toward a climate-resilient society and culture that prioritize conservation, community, and mutual aid over consumerism and narcissism.”
The resolution’s main goal is to become a “carbon sink” by 2030, meaning Berkeley would emit net negative greenhouse gas emissions by that time.
Environmental activists were thrilled with Berkeley’s decision to declare a “climate emergency.” Writer Eric Holthaus tweeted it “sets the new standard for what those of us with means should be striving for at this critical moment in Earth history.”
seems they have gone from pot to smoking crack..believe in global warming if you want thats your right...but the facts are the earth has been changing long before man was created on it...look at the geology evidence in the deep rock patterns...Gore is making a shit load of money off his imaginary claims

Tsalagi

California Coffee Shops Quits Serving Eggs in 'Feminist' Solidarity With Chickens

"So as an act of compassion, justice and (dare we say) feminism, we’re ditching the byproduct of a hens menstruation."

A California coffee shop earlier this month announced it had stopped using eggs in "feminist" solidarity with chickens.

Rooted Coffee Co., a now-vegan purveyor of coffee and baked goods, announced the move on July 13 via social media. The company said it had been moved to act against eggs after learning "some disgusting truths" about the industry.

"So as an act of compassion, justice and (dare we say) feminism, we’re ditching the byproduct of a hens menstruation," Rooted said. "An egg belongs to the hen who made it. She worked really hard to make it. We didn’t."
Rooted, which is run by a husband-wife duo based in a tent at the Walnut Creek Farmers' Market in the Bay Area, said that hens talk to their unborn babies and "develop complex social structures and maintain close relationships with friends and family, not unlike humans."

As the company noted elsewhere in the announcement, the eggs people eat are unfertilized. So the mention of the hen-in utero chick relationship seemed to be another argument for chickens' humanity, not a claim that "eggs are murder."

The idea that dairy is anti-feminist is part of a radical agenda that seeks to move beyond the "intersectionality" of all social justice causes and extend human rights to animals.

Rooted said that from its founding in 2013 it has used "exclusively free range, organic, pasture raised eggs," but was now called to a higher moral standard whatever the costs.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
explains why some animals eat their young...these people should have been fed to the pigs while their bones were still soft
its like their mothers got pregnant while their fathers were jerking off in a flower pot...they are blooming idiots
the insane are running the asylum known as California

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
actually Starbucks is banning plastic straws in all their stores state wide so they won't be in any state at Starbucks eventually.
I'm all for it they started here in Washington.. there will be less plastic in the landfills and on the sides of the roads like they
definetly are here. California made it so you have to pay for your plastic bags at the store too nothing wrong with
it maybe people will appreciate not littering them more and as far as the needles it is not legal.. People just dump them
where they want in SF they do it in Seattle too.. Not sure where that fact came from but they aren't legal.. anywhere that
I know of :unsure: (except they can get clean needles at places) and illegal is spelled wrong in that meme

Last edited: