Krazy Kalifornia

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
1533377098834.png

Tsalagi

And look at who owns those almond farms, that send 90% of their crops overseas.
And then came the current drought, which started in 2011, when suddenly the region’s groundwater was being pumped up at an estimated rate of nearly seven cubic kilometers per year. That’s the same amount of water that everyone in Texas uses at home annually

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
And look at who owns those almond farms, that send 90% of their crops overseas.
And then came the current drought, which started in 2011, when suddenly the region’s groundwater was being pumped up at an estimated rate of nearly seven cubic kilometers per year. That’s the same amount of water that everyone in Texas uses at home annually
i did look and found it is the billionaire couple the Resnicks..there are many articles on this couple and here is one of them from the same site you used...An excellent profile

thanks for the wonderful information and for pointing me in that direction...

Tsalagi

i did look and found it is the billionaire couple the Resnicks..there are many articles on this couple and here is one of them from the same site you used...An excellent profile

thanks for the wonderful information and for pointing me in that direction...
I discovered it when I visited my son in Sacramento last year. I saw the massive groves and found out that they are also buying huge grape vineyards to suck the water out from under them for their own use.

squirt

Administrator
actually Starbucks is banning plastic straws in all their stores state wide so they won't be in any state at Starbucks eventually.
I'm all for it they started here in Washington.. there will be less plastic in the landfills and on the sides of the roads like they
definetly are here. California made it so you have to pay for your plastic bags at the store too nothing wrong with
it maybe people will appreciate not littering them more and as far as the needles it is not legal.. People just dump them
where they want in SF they do it in Seattle too.. Not sure where that fact came from but they aren't legal.. anywhere that
I know of :unsure: (except they can get clean needles at places) and illegal is spelled wrong in that meme
it all starts with us ... I've been turning down plastic straws for decades 1high5.gif

squirt

Administrator
Thank you T for your prayers 💕
I am also sorry you lost your home 😢
I agree California state tax is awful and housing is ridiculous it’s why I haven’t moved back
I know there are issues there, there’s issues here here too in WA the sound transit law passed
and it tripled the cost of vehicle registration in the Tacoma area, I’m just saying every state has
it’s problems even California.. but it’s not the only bad state 😩
it's not a bad state at all ... but it's losing it's ever loving mind
I spent 4 years there, loved every moment of it, but there's not a day that goes by that I'm not grateful I don't live there anymore
we ran into smoke from that fire, it's a smell I've smelled my whole life, my father fought those fires
Texas has been picked on since the day I stepped in this place, yee haw! lol
I see it as just a bit of fun at California's expense, they're giving us so much material lol

iloveyouheart1.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
it all starts with us ... I've been turning down plastic straws for decades View attachment 24596
I said I wouldn’t post in these threads again but I’m here to respond lol
I agree I don’t see anything wrong with getting rid of straws it doesn’t help the environment
besides someone will come up with something else they always do

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
it's not a bad state at all ... but it's losing it's ever loving mind
I spent 4 years there, loved every moment of it, but there's not a day that goes by that I'm not grateful I don't live there anymore
we ran into smoke from that fire, it's a smell I've smelled my whole life, my father fought those fires
Texas has been picked on since the day I stepped in this place, yee haw! lol
I see it as just a bit of fun at California's expense, they're giving us so much material lol

View attachment 24597
I’ve spent 45 years there and loved almost every moment of it lol
The fires are worse this year because their are more of them, especially the Carr fire in Redding
and the fires in the Clearlake area my sister can barely breath that’s where she lives. I send her an
extra inhaler when I have one.
Yep they are handing out the material pretty often lately but it’s okay I’m not going to stress out about it
anymore.. what ever floats y’alls boat lol

squirt

Administrator
oh, is that a city? I thought they meant that a car fire started it lol
it was bad enough hundreds of miles away, I can't imagine living in it every day
we saw one fire up the side of a mountain, it was pretty small, and it was raining, they had no trouble putting that one out
but we went through quite a few post-fire areas, it's amazing what fire can do to a tree, some looked like they'd melted!
bless your sister's heart
1hug.gif
00087r.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I think it was started by a car fire hence they named it Carr fire
Yes every year it’s really bad in Clearlake they need to cut some forest back that’s
a whole different topic lol
Thank you I wish she would leave just to get out of the smoke 😢

Tsalagi

This whole straw business is crazy! They used to make paper straws exclusively! They still do, and sell them on Amazon, Walmart and everywhere else on-line. I'll bet even California could find manufacturers to supply the entire Pacific coast with them, along with paper bags, wooden stirring sticks and wood toothpicks.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
This whole straw business is crazy! They used to make paper straws exclusively! They still do, and sell them on Amazon, Walmart and everywhere else on-line. I'll bet even California could find manufacturers to supply the entire Pacific coast with them, along with paper bags, wooden stirring sticks and wood toothpicks.
but that would require the forest overgrowth would need cutting and that would reduce the amount of fuel needed to keep cali burning and the disaster relief funding would dry up

Tsalagi

If God had intended for people to live in Southern California, He wouldn't have created droughts, floods, mudslides, forest fires and earthquakes to flourish there.

Tsalagi

Lawmakers in the Golden State on Friday voted to prohibit middle and high schools from starting before 8:30a.m., one of the final bills the legislature was able to pass during its last day in session, Fox News reported.
The bill, SB328, was extremely controversial. Proponents of the bill say teenagers are facing sleep deprivation when their natural sleep cycle keeps them up late but school forces them to get up early, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), roughly 80 percent of California's middle and high schools start before 8:30a.m., something proponents believe needs to change.
"Research shows teens do better in school, have lower rates of depression and anxiety and fewer car accidents when school start times start later," the Chronicle reported.
The bill goes into effect in 2021, should Gov. Jerry Brown (D) sign it. The exceptions to the start time would be made for rural schools or extra periods that begin before the normal school period.
"This is the single most cost-effective thing we can do to improve high school graduation rates," Assemblyman Jay Obernolte (R-Hesperia) told Fox News.
Those who oppose the bill say start times should be left to the school board and those on the local level, not the state.