lost plugins and where to put them

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
I give up,,, I installed them exactly the way Geoff spelled it out,, I went through al of the install steps other than registering and I kept getting the pop-up saying (two options) 1. it wasn't installed properly or 2. it is installed properly

I clicked on installed properly and then went to PSP and it said no plug in's installed.

It is so difficult sitting here, not knowing what I am doing and never know which step to click on,,, then I come back here and ask what do I do and then I get more questions from you all and then I get all befuddled as by now I have forgotten what I was trying to do originally as time has passed, computer has been shut down and ??? where was I ,, :rofl:

squirt

Administrator
was PSP open when you moved the plugins to the plugin folder?

look at where you are, you're making animated creations, you'll get this too! :zebrahug:
:heartglasses:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
it wasn't open,, I copied and pasted what Geoff had, then I tried typing it in EXACTLY too. I didn't know it had to be open to do it since it had the C:\Program files\Jasc Software\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins
in there

squirt

Administrator
no, it shouldn't be open, I asked because if it was, you may have needed to shut it and open it again to get the plugins to show up

were you installing it again or moving the files?

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
I took the install program and installed it into,,,,,,,, C:\Program files\Jasc Software\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins Then I opened PSP, clicked new, browse, brought up a picture and went to effects and it said NO plugin's installed,,,,

squirt

Administrator
that's what I would've done! :thinking:

I'm at a loss, let me think on it some more lol

you may need to uninstall all the plugins before you can reinstall them? :thinking:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
When you hit run on the plugins did you see the screen on where to install the programs, should of come up with C: then program files etc?

you have to execute them first

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
if they are not installed how do I uninstall them?

Thank you Squirty,, have a nice evening.

I'm going to call it quits for now, Scorpion Is on and then NCIS-Los Angeles follows,, loo

squirt

Administrator
try Manzy's suggestion first!

C-cleaner will remove them, go to TOOLS, you'll see!

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
I took the install program and installed it into,,,,,,,, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]C:\Program files\Jasc Software\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins I never had anything come up to say "RUN",, when it was installed it said "Register Y/N and I said no as that is what Tiger Girl said to do,, then my next option was "Finish",,,

then a popup came on screen and I had two options, to click on one that said "program did not install correctly" -OR- "Program installed correctly",, I clicked on installed correctly and that was it.. Then I opened PSP, clicked new, browse, brought up a picture and went to effects and it said NO plugin's installed,,,,

so I went back did the install all over again and this time I clicked on "Program did not install correctly" and the popup disappeared. that was the end of everything so I went back to PSP once more time and still no plugin's,,,,

I know what your talking about clicking on "RUN" as I have that happen when I download something from the internet but this is a total different install window,,

How can I send you the folder in an e-mail that has the Eye Candy? then maybe you can see what I am talking about...

Squirty - I see what your talking about with CCleaner,,

Good night all, see what you have for me tomorrow

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="homeinspec, post: 4761405]I took the install program and installed it into,,,,,,,, C:\Program files\Jasc Software\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins I never had anything come up to say "RUN",, when it was installed it said "Register Y/N and I said no as that is what Tiger Girl said to do,, then my next option was "Finish",,,

then a popup came on screen and I had two options, to click on one that said "program did not install correctly" -OR- "Program installed correctly",, I clicked on installed correctly and that was it.. Then I opened PSP, clicked new, browse, brought up a picture and went to effects and it said NO plugin's installed,,,,

so I went back did the install all over again and this time I clicked on "Program did not install correctly" and the popup disappeared. that was the end of everything so I went back to PSP once more time and still no plugin's,,,,

I know what your talking about clicking on "RUN" as I have that happen when I download something from the internet but this is a total different install window,,

How can I send you the folder in an e-mail that has the Eye Candy? then maybe you can see what I am talking about...

Squirty - I see what your talking about with CCleaner,,

Good night all, see what you have for me tomorrow
[/QUOTE]

Rich, the pop up about whether the program installed ok is because that may not be compatible with the version of windows you are using, most of the time it is ok so ignore it by clicking installed ok.

can you open up psp, go to file...then scroll down to preferences...then click on file locations as depicted below.

That will bring up another box scroll down on the left till you see plug ins and click on it and you should see in the box next to it this C:\Program files\Jasc Software\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins......shown below is mine only with corel instead of jasc

If there is nothing there then click add, and a browse button will appear, go through that as if you were installing the plug in like Program files....Jasc Software...Paint Shop Pro 9...Plugins then click on plug ins that should then leave it in the box.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Thank you so much Kip,,

OK, I checked it and everything is just like your example, (including everything that was "ticked" on yours) except, as you said, mine is Jasc,, so I clicked "OK" and then I clicked on file>New>Browse and brought up a picture, then I went to effects and it still says "No Plugins installed" ,,,

so now what? :whew:

squirt

Administrator
I got the files, problem is I can't install them because I already have them :zebrahug:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
LOL,,,, Your video said it is set for private - OK I got the "Team Viewer" done and have my ID# and PW. I hope ]I did it all correctly,, lol

if you need my ID# let me know and Thanks again

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="homeinspec, post: 4761937]LOL,,,, Your video said it is set for private - OK I got the "Team Viewer" done and have my ID# and PW. I hope ]I did it all correctly,, lol

if you need my ID# let me know and Thanks again
[/QUOTE]

Should play now...

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Thanks so much Kipper,, was fun watching my cursor going all over the place,, WOW your so fast, lol - - so now what is the proper steps to install plug in's? as I have a few more that I would like to try to learn to use,, :heehee:

Also you have my code and I very seldom turn the computer off,, so if need be couldn't you come in anytime if I'm not here and do what ever it is you do when I have future problems?

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="homeinspec, post: 4762095]Thanks so much Kipper,, was fun watching my cursor going all over the place,, WOW your so fast, lol - - so now what is the proper steps to install plug in's? as I have a few more that I would like to try to learn to use,, :heehee:

Also you have my code and I very seldom turn the computer off,, so if need be couldn't you come in anytime if I'm not here and do what ever it is you do when I have future problems?
[/QUOTE]

Think it will be ok as the problem was in the psp folder which I've altered...

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
OK my friend, You don't know just how much I really appreciate your help. Saves a lot of frustration :whew:

nanny mags

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4760562]Can't bloody leave you alone for 5 minutes you old git. Where are you trying to put the tubes? also what version of windows are you using as psp 9 is not really compatible with windows 7 upwards, it will work but certain features might not.[/QUOTE]

hahaha o have windows 10 my comp is 64 bit if that any good you old fart love you lol