Make yourself at home

squirt

Administrator
we say it
we say it to people we open our doors to, people we invite in
we offer refreshments, a meal, sometimes a place to sleep
and while it's a heartfelt sentiment, we don't really mean it
I mean, we wouldn't want them sitting in our favorite chair, we wouldn't want them crawling into the very bed we sleep in or eating whatever they wanted to from our kitchen

what if we didn't even know that person
they didn't knock, they didn't wait for the "come in" or the door to be opened
and when we turn around, they've changed the channel on the TV, they've adjusted the thermostat to their own comfort, and they're eating chips on the good sofa, without bothering to clean up the crumbs when they're done

this is how I view legal immigration vs illegal immigration

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Sorry, Squirt...I'm sitting here laughing my butt off. What you wrote was NOT funny, but until I read the last line, I thought you were speaking about my Ex! Finally, I got smart and had him "deported".

My niece did a Facebook post about the kids she attended school with a long time ago in Arizona, and how they are now "unfairly" having their rights removed and facing deportation. It IS a shame but the magic word is "ILLEGAL". The niece grew up and is now a charge nurse of the oncology unit in a large hospital. I have to wonder what her former classmates are doing...and why they haven't applied for citizenship before now.

Goodgrief

Good one, Squirt! Isn't it strange that none of the countries where the illegals come from would allow any of us to take residence and work there without the proper paperwork?

The last time I went to Mexico, I was handed a form with the date of my entry and the date of my departure. I had to return that form as I left.
I know many legal immigrants here in Canada. Some of them are great friends. They followed the rules. They adapted to Canadian laws and customs. As a matter of fact, I envy them because they added more traditions to their lifestyle. Their children were born here after their parents became Canadians.

Yes, as you do, I have a gripe about so-called refugees. They entered the U.S without papers and are now fleeing into Canada, knowing damn well they will be taken care of.

To the bleeding hearts I have one little message: we worked all our lives and paid heavy taxes so these free-loaders can enjoy the life of Riley at our expense.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! Quoted by Mr. Butler.

squirt

Administrator
I agree with most of the rest of the country, it wouldn't be right to send the DACA kids to a place they don't know as home
but it bothers me immensely to see them protesting, making demands, blocking off the entrance to Disneyland
and to hear people say they have a right to free speech, they have a right to protest
they most certainly do not have those rights, or any right that the Constitution lays out for American citizens
that's what makes being an American so special
(and the same can be said for any country)

as a resident in a border state, I've seen the best and the worst of what comes across that border
I know that most illegal immigrants are just trying to make a better life for themselves and their families, and any decent human being can understand that
the problem is those who have a different goal when coming here
they are loading up these desperate people, taking their money, and endangering their very lives
they are funneling drugs, weapons, and gang members into our streets

many people say I'm painting all immigrants with the same brush, calling law abiding, economy contributing, culture building people "criminals"
and "they" say that American citizens commit crimes at a much greater rate
some statistics back that up, more recent ones discredit it
but what nobody mentions is the difference when an American or documented person commits a crime, we have a starting point to find them
we usually have the person's name, driver's license, home address, last known employer
but when an illegal immigrant commits a crime, he's often using a false name, and a fake social security number (which is illegal)
so he's able to just disappear, free to commit another crime, free to continue receiving benefits, free to change his name to something new
for every illegal immigrant crime that shows up in statistics, there are several that never make it because there's never a conviction, because the person is never found, never held accountable!

Goodgrief

I can really understand your stance. Up here, we have a new twist. Some people of a specific religion who are by birth Canadian. go overseas and serve a terrorist faction. One of them was wounded in action, his life was saved by the U.S Army, then he was detained in Gitmo.
Wait, there's more! Eventually the "detainee" was returned to Canada. But!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because the Canadian government didn't force the U.S to return him immediately, he sued us for $10.5 million dollars and got it. Guess what? He's now out of the country and he's living like a king.
He should have been treated as a traitor.

Yeah! Welcome to Canada, all of you murdering sons of bitches!

squirt

Administrator
I saw something that's just stuck with me
it's something we do all the time, don't think twice about it
and that's signing a guest book
we want a record of who's been to visit, about who went inside, who didn't come back out
I don't think that's unreasonable
please feel free to come here ... just please ... sign the guest book!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
If you are here in this country illegality you don't have the right to protest or get any of the countires funds!

Period CASE CLOSED!

On another note Squirt may I use your frist statment on my Facebook?

Goodgrief

I was so glad I had a chance to visit your wonderful homeland so many times. I truly enjoyed every minute I spent in Philadelphia. Houston, Chicago, Bangor, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Lake Placid, Burlington, Sandpoint and Coeur D'Alene' etc.

Each and every time, I met really nice people. I think I was born in the wrong place...

squirt

Administrator
so ... now we have somebody important that's been killed by an illegal immigrant
an NFL linebacker was killed by a drunk driver on Sunday who had been deported at least twice
see, it wasn't important when one nearly killed my grandkids, and it wasn't important when one killed Kate Steinle on that pier
it will be interesting to see what an "important" death does to the dialogue
at least they caught this one, before he could kill somebody else

Last edited:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Well Squirt it's like putting up stop and go lights at an enterscetion they only do that when there isn't any and has to have no less then 100 car crashes. Then it will be done. Oh or if someone in the gov. gets killed at it cause other gov. officals use that entersection too.

Goodgrief

Wrong, Squirt! If you walk across the Canadian border outside of the border crossing, you will have RCMP officers offering lollipops to the kids and will be taken to a motel or similar accommodation free of charge to you, but we, tax payers are going to foot the bill. GAWD! Would someone PLEASE kidnap Trudeau, Truedork, Turdeau, Trudope?

squirt

Administrator
other than immigration, what other laws should not be enforced because the offender has a family?
what if someone drives drunk or robs a bank, should we not arrest them so they can stay with their families?
and what about sanctuary cities? if illegal immigrants get sanctuary, why can't pot smokers? can we have a sanctuary city for guns?
I have a need for speed, so shouldn't I get a sanctuary city where I can break all the speed limits without consequence?
what that mayor of Oakland did is scatter 800 criminal illegals into the wind, and she better hope that nobody dies because of it, if one of those she assisted in escaping kills somebody, she will be sued for wrongful death because it will have been a death that would have been prevented if she'd allowed ICE to do their jobs without interference!

Goodgrief

The issue is the same up here, north of you. It's like bed bugs. I wouldn't be able to get help from the government if I needed it, but anyone who claims refugee status has got it made for life.
Meanwhile, our taxes keep going up and up just to keep these people in a very comfortable state of living while we have thousands of real Canadians who are living on the street, many of them are veterans who have PTSD and never were helped.

Yeah, welcome to our home even if you're not going to help maintain the harmony.

squirt

Administrator
This week, the Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against the State of California to save lives and keep dangerous criminals off our streets. For far too long, California has obstructed Federal law and put the interests of criminals who are in United States illegally ahead of the well-being of American citizens.

Below is just one example of a dangerous criminal that California set free—despite the lawful request of U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to hold him until Federal authorities could arrive:

On Aug. 2, 2017, the Santa Rosa Police Department arrested a citizen of Guatemala on charges of inflicting corporal injury to a spouse/cohabitant. That same day, ICE lodged a “detainer,” which includes a request to the local jail to notify ICE before the inmate is released.

The next day, the Sonoma County Jail provided ICE with only 24 minutes notice before it released the suspect—despite the fact that the jail is about 65 miles from the nearest ICE field office. On Aug. 18, 2017, the Santa Rosa Police Department arrested the same individual as a suspect in the murder of his alleged girlfriend.

*from the White House 1600 Daily*

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I got to give a 'BRAVO!' to Jerry Brown for making the hole state of California a sanctuary state. Because there hasn't been this many ICE officers here ICE flooded Ca. with their people. Hahahaha but situations like the one you said squirt just pisses me off there is really a lack of communication.

Goodgrief

How do you make yourself blame proof? Easy; make sure your parents are immigrants to Canada (certified terrorists). Then, by age 15, move over to ISIS land. Kill American soldiers, get wounded. Get rescued and saved by the same Americans and get sent to Gitmo for a few years. Get released and come back to Canada. But wait! There is more! Sue the Canadians for not getting him out of U.S military jail and YOOOHOO! End up with $10.5 million dollars. Welcome back home, you fucking murderer!