Make yourself at home

squirt

Administrator
3 criminal illegal immigrants who managed to escape ICE because of Oakland mayor's warning have been re-arrested
these are men who have entered this country multiple times, AND committed additional offenses for which they were arrested, and released back into the community because California doesn't like President Trump

1 was arrested for drunk driving, despite having been deported three times and prior convictions for false imprisonment, DUI and battery of a spouse

1 was arrested for corporal injury of a spouse, despite being deported twice and criminal convictions including drug possession, hit-and-run, DUIs, possessions of narcotics equipment and a parole violation

and the 3rd was arrested on robbery and gun charges, he had been released back into the community for a prior offense

so far that Oakland mayor has been lucky, nobody has died because of her actions, I don't expect that luck will last

squirt

Administrator
I keep hearing all these talking points about how most Americans want the DACA participants to at least find a way to legality, not necessarily a path to citizenship, but an opportunity to live their lives as legal residents
it is true! most people don't think that these people should pay the price for their parents illegal actions
but what they leave out is that those same "most Americans" want the border secured FIRST, with an end to chain and lottery migration, so that we don't have this same problem 10 years down the road

and I'll never understand why this deal can't be made, the only possible explanation is that a fix isn't really wanted, if the situation is fixed, it's no longer a problem to run on, for either side!

Tsalagi

And most of these "Dreamers" have lived in the U S for 20 years or more and have been too damned lazy to go through the process to become citizens. If they want to be here without citizenship, then no welfare, free education, food stamps, jobs, Medicare, Medicaid, college scholarships, etc.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I keep hearing all these talking points about how most Americans want the DACA participants to at least find a way to legality, not necessarily a path to citizenship, but an opportunity to live their lives as legal residents
it is true! most people don't think that these people should pay the price for their parents illegal actions
but what they leave out is that those same "most Americans" want the border secured FIRST, with an end to chain and lottery migration, so that we don't have this same problem 10 years down the road

and I'll never understand why this deal can't be made, the only possible explanation is that a fix isn't really wanted, if the situation is fixed, it's no longer a problem to run on, for either side!

OMFG! YOU NAILED IT! In my humble opinion all politicians do not what anything like this to happen they wouldn't have anything to show boat about. You want me to really fix something so it'll go away and take my bread and butter away from me? I think not.
If I were from any other county besides America I'd want to come here too to better myself although (Netherlands are looking kinda good to me now) I just don't have it in my mind set to piss people off and comment criminal offences. Don't think I'd be a good criminal physiologist either although do think I'd make a good politician for just like my Father I don't run a base ball game two sticks and your out out of the country or shot.

Now there is another bill that President Trump whats back on the voting. "Are you a U.S. Citizen?" Is there any other country that asks this question, No. I for one don't even know why this would be asked. YOUR NOT A U.S. CITIZEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS HERE TO VOTE. You should be just dam lucky your in a country that does.

squirt

Administrator
I think it's perfectly reasonable to want an accurate count of citizens vs non-citizens
and if some are SO concerned about a certain category of people who won't participate in the census, they should encourage them to do so for the benefit of their own communities, if they don't participate, it's their own community that gets hurt by losing funds and representation
though I still don't understand why illegals and non-citizens get representation in our Congress, they should only represent Americans!

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
In the case of California, it already has an extra five seats in the House due to its illegal alien population. Remember, Obamacare only passed in the House by a 220-210 margin, meaning that illegal immigration directly affected the Left’s ability to take over health care.

Immigration was given to the federal government to prevent states from gaming representation

This is exactly why our Founders assigned control over immigration policy to the federal government. They didn’t want states to artificially inflate their representation by flooding the entire federal union with undesirable aliens. Commenting on the power of Congress (as opposed to states) over immigration, the inimitable Justice Joseph Story explained, “If aliens might be admitted indiscriminately to enjoy all the rights of citizens at the will of a single state, the Union might itself be endangered by an influx of foreigners, hostile to its institutions, ignorant of its powers, and incapable of a due estimate of its privileges.”

... the Naturalization Act of 1790 that “it was intended by the Convention, who framed the Constitution, that Congress should have the power of naturalization, in order to prevent particular States receiving citizens, and forcing them upon others who would not have received them in any other manner

source: It’s time to stop counting illegal aliens in the census

Goodgrief

I find it ironic that the countries where all the illegals come from would throw anyone of us in jail if we moved over there without the proper paper work. Residency isn't really hard to acquire if you meet the standards. No criminal record, ability to speak the language and being able to hold a job. Simple enough... But crap! It's so much easier to just walk across the border line a few miles away from the border crossing with the entire damn family, including the grand-parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc.

Don't worry, folks in the U.S, we're getting a lot of your DACA up here, because they're afraid of your President's stance. Your leader has balls. Ours is a joke.

Tsalagi

I find it ironic that the countries where all the illegals come from would throw anyone of us in jail if we moved over there without the proper paper work. Residency isn't really hard to acquire if you meet the standards. No criminal record, ability to speak the language and being able to hold a job. Simple enough... But crap! It's so much easier to just walk across the border line a few miles away from the border crossing with the entire damn family, including the grand-parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc.

Don't worry, folks in the U.S, we're getting a lot of your DACA up here, because they're afraid of your President's stance. Your leader has balls. Ours is a joke.

No, Pussy!

squirt

Administrator
it's very frustrating to me to keep hearing some people say that it's ALL President Trump's fault, he's the one that "ended DACA", right?!
they're very good at leaving out the part where President Obama said it was never meant to be a permanent fix, he described the DACA program as TEMPORARY when he put it into place!
what President Trump was trying to do was to force Congress to do its fecking job and deal with immigration once and for all

if they (the left) hadn't court shopped, and found a couple of judges who would do their bidding, I firmly believe this would all be over, Congress would have passed comprehensive immigration reform, and the DACA folks would be taken care of ... end of! lol
they didn't do the DACA participants any favors, just extended their limbo!

Goodgrief

The BBC announced that the murder rate in London is higher than in New York City. And 38 of the 44 murders in 2018 have been by knife, not guns.
I've always said that if someone wants to create a carnage, there will be a way to do it. Bombs, knives, poison, arson, hacking into a public transit system, etc, etc.
Personally, I think one of the problems in stuff like this happening, at least locally, is the fact that when some people are tagged as potentially dangerous, they just are let go free, instead of being treated or even kept in facilities. Oh! That's against their human rights!!!!!!!!!!!!

The parents, teachers and whomever is in contact with these individuals should be smart enough to detect a potentially dangerous individual.
Everybody blames gun... They don't fire by themselves.

But let's get back to making yourself at home. Here in Canada we have very strict gun laws. BUT!!!! It seems that a lot of incomers have secret ways to bring in guns, which, of course, will never be registered. That also is an import as big as drugs. Just about every week, we hear about heavy drug shipments being sent/shipped here. Guess where these come from and who are receiving them!

In the late 1900s, we started being flooded with Asians, mostly from Hong Kong, then, we had another flood from the Middle East, but wait! There's more! Now, people from as far as El Salvador are pouring in (not in a so legal way).
Yes, Canadians and Americans are generous people, but there is a limit to what we can afford to pay for people who just want to camp here and do nothing.

squirt

Administrator
my heart is as generous as anybody's, I would love to help the whole world, end hunger and war and poverty, be able to visit Canada with no need for a passport, give free healthcare to everybody, those are noble and just!
but! our national debt is well over $21 TRILLION dollars and rising! and a HUGE chunk of that is entitlements!
there is no such thing as free health care, somebody somewhere has to pay for it
we cannot just let the borders continue to breed welfare participants, not to mention the fact that there's people out there who's only purpose in life is to hurt somebody else, or cause tremendous damage to our society through drugs and human trafficking
we need to know who is in our country, we need to be able to identify suspects in crimes, find those who perpetuate violence, be able to achieve justice and compensation for those who are hurt by crimes and violence, something that's sorely lacking in the current atmosphere

I know exactly how that trucker's family feels, the one in Denver who was hit by an illegal immigrant who fled the scene, if he hadn't been so concerned about his legal status, he might have stayed, called for help, and the trucker would still be alive, but at least in his case, the suspect in that case is in custody, my son will never see justice, they'll never find the guy responsible!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Speaking of El Salvador just the other day on the news here I listened to President Trump explain why he would stop the 25 to 50 bus's to transport El Salvadorn's throw Mexico to the U.S. Guy in the video said he would race through the boarder gates and charge the U.S. for murder if anyone on the bus's got killed when doing this. (THAT WAS MY WTF MOMENT)

squirt

Administrator
illegal immigration isn't just bad for America, it can be deadly for those attempting it
on Saturday, a horse trailer carrying at least 18 illegal immigrants crashed in southern California
2 had to be airlifted, another 4 hospitalized

and we don't have an accurate count because those who could run did!

Tsalagi

Connection is the knife ban in the UK. You can no longer buy or carry a knife without being arrested if discovered.